Gift reward points

Eggplant

Question

Explicit enough.

So that if some guy wins like 400 reward points in some event and needs another 100, he can receive some without sharing his account info. Not everyone's 18 here.

Or, new tourney prizes in unofficial events.

Or just, more various gifts for birthdays.

11 answers to this question

not going to happen because then people could buy reward points and trade them for other things like money/pokemonshinys effectively making it pay to win.

It's still exclusive to player trade.

Also, not everyone's gonna want to sell their comps for a shirt.

Plus, the scam risk is high if reward points don't go in a trade box; I wouldn't trade them.

It's still exclusive to player trade.

Also, not everyone's gonna want to sell their comps for a shirt.

Plus, the scam risk is high if reward points don't go in a trade box; I wouldn't trade them.

also donor status which increases shiny chance and exp gain ect... or extra boxes. i'd gladly pay millions of in game currency to get extra boxes. and even with a high scam risk people would still do it with people they trust or a 3rd party intermediary. it all comes down to a way to trade irl money for points that can be used to buy things in game. if staff is willing to ban thousands of players and spend hundreds if not hundreds of thousands of man hours stopping irl trading, they'll never allow this.

Oh, I didn't realize the suggestion was to transfer RP already on your account to another player. Yeah, RP can't be traded and that's 100% intentional, to keep the game from being "pay to win", like fred said.

However, gifting RP to another player at the time of purchase is solid. You can already do this if you cooperate with the other player (by copying the URL when you click Buy More RP) but you can't do it as a surprise present for someone. Honestly 90%+ of the time, this is only going to be used by someone white knighting, so if you don't implement gifting RP it won't really bother me, but it could mean a little extra income.

I don't know if this is still the case, but I think they didn't want to do it in the past because you could cancel the credit transaction before it went through, which would auto ban the player because the devs didn't receive their sheckels. So they didn't want people that gave the points + the receiver to get banned. I don't know if the system is still set up the same, however.

You can find a pretty old thread suggesting RWP gifting/trading here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/13450-tradegift-reward-points/

It has been closed so use this one instead.

I don't know if this is still the case, but I think they didn't want to do it in the past because you could cancel the credit transaction before it went through, which would auto ban the player because the devs didn't receive their sheckels. So they didn't want people that gave the points + the receiver to get banned. I don't know if the system is still set up the same, however.

Pretty much. A chargeback bans your account, and if RWP could be gifted, it would be a choice between:

• Exploitable for people to get free stuff (Donate on one account, gift it to another, then issue chargeback), or
  • Exploitable for people to ban other people (Donate on an account, gift it to someone they don't like, then issue chargeback)

Source: Gizmo/Desu in the thread I linked above.

You can find a pretty old thread suggesting RWP gifting/trading here: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/13450-tradegift-reward-points/

It has been closed so use this one instead.

Pretty much. A chargeback bans your account, and if RWP could be gifted, it would be a choice between:

• Exploitable for people to get free stuff (Donate on one account, gift it to another, then issue chargeback), or
  • Exploitable for people to ban other people (Donate on an account, gift it to someone they don't like, then issue chargeback)

Source: Gizmo/Desu in the thread I linked above.

So, what I am guessing is that (more than likely) it is too much of a hassle to do it. Will the players just start attacking each other until the whole game implodes on itself? I could see other social problems arising from this being implemented, not to mention the possible (and probable) explosion of player tickets regarding something not going the exact way they want. Personally, I can see why such things have been kept on a Staff/Game-to-Player level, and not a Player-to-Player level, since so much could go wrong from trading anything in the real world (effectively, since you have to buy the points), for something intangible.

The only instance where gifting your RP to another player would be possible, and it not be a real problem with the whole "chargeback" thing, would be to only allow people who won said points in official events the ability to trade only those points to other players...although that could make a whole other issue of Teams funneling all the points into a single account....or worse....