Qualifying Event Champion +2

1st Place Official +2

2nd Place Official +1

1st Place Official Gimmick* +1

2nd Place Official Gimmick* +0.5

1st Place PokeOlympics +1

1st Place Official Sub-Division +1

Inclusion Criteria: Winning an Official Tournament

Data was collected from PokeMMO Official Hall of Fame and it includes all completed official events to date (January 31st, 2014).

*Standard Tournament Criteria and Official Gimmick Event Description

[spoiler] Standard Tournament Criteria

1. The official tournament must be, or a combination of, OU / UU / NU / OU Doubles, it cannot include any other tier such as UU Doubles

2. The official tournament must be 6vs6 it was hosted on or after August 2014

3. The official tournament must not exclude pokemon from the defined tier that is to be played (for example, Johto Cup does not qualify since it excludes #1-151 Pokemon)

4. The official tournament must be 1 player vs 1 player, or a partner's tournament, where each player has to play, or forfeit every round

5. The official tournament must be PVP Only

6. The official tournament must not allow for opportunities to advance a round without a duel, other than a bye (for example, Blaine's Quiz Heats would not qualify)

7. The official tournament may include 100s Singles, if it was hosted on or before August 2014

An Official Gimmick Tournament shall award players with 1.0 points for 1st place and 0.5 points for 2nd place. An Official Gimmick Tournament will be defined as such if it does not meet the above Standard Tournament criteria

[/spoiler]

Edited by DoubleJ

Listed Below are the Best Teams in PokeMMO

1st [AW] AsgardWarriors       - 53 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 9

2nd Place - 4

Win % - 38% (9/24)

Finals Win % - 69% (9/13)

Finals % - 54% (13/24)

Top 10 Best Players: 1

Notes: [AW] has won an unprecedented nine (9) team tournaments and have done so with a consistent core of players. 

Notable Players: Frags, Walpayer, Haazuu, Timwaps, Pel, eloyriptor

[/spoiler]

2nd [LYLE] KingCheerios        - 50 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 8

2nd Place - 5

Win % - 29% (8/28)

Finals Win % - 58% (8/12)

Finals % - 46% (13/28)

Top 10 Best Players: 5

Notes: [LYLE] won four team tournaments in a row and were seen in ten finals in twelve months during their most dominant stretch. It should be noted that [LYLE] has never lost a Team Tournament Final to anyone other than [AW]. 

Notable Players: KingBowser, JSTUD, DoubleJ, TheBloo, Raaidn, NikhilR, , Artemiseta, Fishtickles, Goldeneyes

[/spoiler]

3rd [CiX] Cloud IX                  - 14 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 2

2nd Place - 1

Win % - 15% (2/13)

Finals Win % - 50% (2/4)

Finals % - 31% (4/13)

Qualified Best Players: 2

Notes: A team of competitive players that have put in a lot of effort toward winning multiple team tournaments. 

A recent influx of new members and a break up of a few others left this team looking a 

bit shaky, but as far as we can tell, they have arrived once again. 

Notable Players: Burntzebra, Phatiman, DoctorPBC, Vorred, DrCraig, DestructX, SpartacusGD

[/spoiler]

4th [CB] CompuBoys               - 10 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 2

2nd Place - 0

Win % - 25% (2/8)

Finals Win % - 100% (2/2)

Finals % - 25% (2/8)

Top 10 Best Players: 0

Notes: [CB] was the first team tournament champion in PokeMMO history.

Notable Players: Jeehad, Neslie, CorED, LeVolpe, Barrage, Fujimura

[/spoiler]

4th [DD] DarkDragons              - 10 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 2

2nd Place - 0

Win % - 14% (2/14)

Finals Win % - 100% (2/2)

Finals % - 14% (2/14)

Qualified Best Players: 0

Notes: [DD] was the second team tournament champion in PokeMMO history and one of the only teams to win team tournaments in between [AW] and [LYLE]'s dynasties of 2013.

Notable Players: Markoc, Legendario, lRoxyD, WilsonG, truplup, ElChupakabras

[/spoiler]

5th [Aura] PokemonAura       - 9 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 1

2nd Place - 2

Win % - 5% (1/20)

Finals Win % - 33% (1/3)

Finals % - 15% (3/20)

Notes: Despite a rocky road, [Aura] has remained a consisted presence since it came onto the scene in 2013. With players coming and going, it's hard for this team to stay amongst the elite, but one thing is for sure, when they come together they can be a worthy adversary. 

Notable Players: Jayfeatskyd, overToasted, YettoDie, Daniellegal, StriderXD, Forfiter, LeGaryOak, TheFireLion

[/spoiler]

6th [YOLO] Reckless Drivers                - 7 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 1

2nd Place - 1

Win % - 15% (1/7)

Finals Win % - 50% (1/2)

Finals % - 29% (2/7)

Qualified Best Players: 1

Notes: [YOLO] formed their team back in January 2015 and have been at the forefront of the PokeMMO Competitive scene since. Having multiple individual accolades under their belt, [YOLO] was hungry for a team tournament victory. In September 2015 they earned that victory and now sit alongside some of the best teams in this game; immortalized as a PokeMMO Team Tournament Champion.

Notable Players: PandaJJ, OldKeith, Gluumac, Leorodo, LordofAngmar, JIce, and Bluebreath

[/spoiler]

7th [AvE] Aventerror                  - 5 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 1

2nd Place - 0

Win % - 17%(1/6)

Finals Win % - 100% (1/1)

Finals % - 20% (1/6)

Notes: A compilation of multiple German-based teams, Aventerror became only the 9th team to win a 

Team Tournament Championship, doing so in a mere three attempts.

Led by Linken and his Pikachu in OU, AvE dominated one half of the bracket and moved on to plow through

[AW] for the March 2015 Title. 

Notable Players: Linken, Rendom, AQA, tflk

[/spoiler]

7th [Etui] Sayounara                  - 5 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 1

2nd Place - 0

Win % - 25% (1/4)

Finals % - 25% (1/4)

Notes: [Etui] has won one team tournament in four tries, but are still regarded as one of the best teams of the early days of PokeMMO.

Notable Players: Squall, ThinkNice, WindUpMagician, MilesCarnage, Jag, Dougii

[/spoiler]

7th [RNG] RandomNoobGamers - 5 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 1

2nd Place - 0

Win % - 20% (1/5)

Finals % - 20% (1/5)

Notes: The first team to win a team tournament in their very first try. [RNG] paved through some of the

strongest teams in PokeMMO for their win and we hope to see them continue fighting on. 

Another France victor that could prove to be a powerhouse in the months to come. 

Notable Players: XPLOZ, Schuchty, MisterHide, and Xilias

[/spoiler]

7th [RZKK] Renzokuken       - 5 Points

[spoiler]

1st Place - 1

2nd Place - 0

Win % - 8% (1/13)

Finals % - 8% (1/13)

Notes: A France-based team that has proven that they are here for the long road. With a changing of the guard in the Spring of 2015, [RZKK] proved they can compete even with a new crop of players.

Notable Players: lilyek, Osuki, gilvy, Pyrolia, Guerinf, TammTamm

[/spoiler]

These are the Best Teams in PokeMMO

*Inclusion Criteria: Win an Official Team Tournament

Scoring was Based on the Following Formula:

1st Place Official +5

2nd Place Official +2

Data was collected from PokeMMO Official Hall of Fame and it includes all completed official events to date (July 28th, 2014).

Discuss

Any surprises?

Who do you think should be where?

Any recommendations on how to award points?

Do you want to be the best?

Edited by DoubleJ

i dunno how i feel about a ranking system based off a tournament series that ended 4 months ago.

also i'm just gonna make a list of people who i imagine will die a little on the inside upon seeing this list

[spoiler]Barrage

DoctorPBC

all i can think of at the moment, but still lel[/spoiler]

Like I said, I'm going to expand this to include all players with official tournament wins, but honestly it's hard to discredit the entire Master's series since that was the height of PvP and players were honestly passionate about playing in those master invite events.

EDIT: Players you've listed were very much involved in the game during that period and unfortunately, they never won a master invite.

Looks pretty cool! :D

But hmm, why is masters invite more than official win? Also you only count Masters wins "Required criteria to be on this list include: Winning an Official Masters Invite Event" So why even have a difference from Masters and 1st officials. At least something seems wrong here to me? o.O Figured out below.

Or is it just you need a masters invite to make your official wins count? I suppose it is. So this is just a list of the best OU Players right? Looks cool but a little weird that only people from a dead tournament gets on the list. You could think of changing this unless this is just to boost some of the "old" players (many still plays but you make it impossible for new comers to get on the list) And as said earlier "Praise uMadBrah" ! 

Looks pretty cool! :D

But hmm, why is masters invite more than official win? Also you only count Masters wins "Required criteria to be on this list include: Winning an Official Masters Invite Event" So why even have a difference from Masters and 1st officials. At least something seems wrong here to me? o.O Figured out below.

Or is it just you need a masters invite to make your official wins count? I suppose it is. So this is just a list of the best OU Players right? Looks cool but a little weird that only people from a dead tournament gets on the list. You could think of changing this unless this is just to boost some of the "old" players (many still plays but you make it impossible for new comers to get on the list) And as said earlier "Praise uMadBrah" ! 

Ya, having a Master's Invite is going to play a bigger role once I include all players with officials wins. I was trying to find a reasonable idea of how to rank players and honestly using official wins just makes sense. Plus, being a Master Invite holder, Master, and Master of Masters has clout, deserving more points. Everyone knows these and everyone played for these. If you say you didn't and you played then, you're lying =)

Ya, having a Master's Invite is going to play a bigger role once I include all players with officials wins. I was trying to find a reasonable idea of how to rank players and honestly using official wins just makes sense. Plus, being a Master Invite holder, Master, and Master of Masters has clout, deserving more points. Everyone knows these and everyone played for these. If you say you didn't and you played then, you're lying =)

Sounds cool and yea masters give some extra credits, I was mostly just asking if it would only be masters holders who could be added (which it is now and is your criteria) which would mean future or even current amazing players had no chance in getting added. But it sounds like you are going to add everyone even not old masters holders in the future when you get the time? Or am I wrong?

Sounds cool

Definitely going to include more players. And, the more wins you get, the better opportunity you have to break the list. Getting past the Master's players though will be tough. For example 3 official wins = 6 points, being the Master of Masters (Frags) nets you an official win (2), a master invite win (3), a master win (4), and a master of masters win (5)... which is 14 points for winning the 3 highest tiered tournaments.

Sorry about all the questions haha

Definitely going to include more players. And, the more wins you get, the better opportunity you have to break the list. Getting past the Master's players though will be tough. For example 3 official wins = 6 points, being the Master of Masters (Frags) nets you an official win (2), a master invite win (3), a master win (4), and a master of masters win (5)... which is 14 points for winning 3 top tier tournaments.

Oh my. Ehm so ONLY an official tournament with a masters invite as prize you actually get 5 points (3 from invite and 2 from the win)? I thought the masters invite tournaments just gave 3 in total (2 from official win and 1 because the win gave you a masters). And after that winning one of the masters gave 4 points (2 from official win and 2 from master of master). And after that winning masters of masters gave 5 (2 from official wind 3 because masters of masters).

From what you said the stuff I wrote in bold should be right and what I wrote in italic should be wrong. Right? :P haha. If that's right, I think winning a tournament with masters invite gives too many points (IMO), giving the same amount as masters of masters got for winning. :O

What about underdogs invite people (when you add them), is that just gonna be the same as masters invite?

Sorry about all the questions haha

Oh my. Ehm so ONLY an official tournament with a masters invite as prize you actually get 5 points (3 from invite and 2 from the win)? I thought the masters invite tournaments just gave 3 in total (2 from official win and 1 because the win gave you a masters). And after that winning one of the masters gave 4 points (2 from official win and 2 from master of master). And after that winning masters of masters gave 5 (2 from official wind 3 because masters of masters).

From what you said the stuff I wrote in bold should be right and what I wrote in italic should be wrong. Right? :P haha. If that's right, I think winning a tournament with masters invite gives too many points (IMO), giving the same amount as masters of masters got for winning. :o

What about underdogs invite people (when you add them), is that just gonna be the same as masters invite?

The underdogs thing is going to be a difficult problem to tackle and honestly I can't weigh them equal to a Master, simply because they weren't included in the big hoopla at the beginning of the year and their special annual event never took place.

As for the points for Master's Invites, it certainly makes it really freaking hard to beat those players for a spot on the list and I might have to edit a bit. Yet, how can you say someone like ThinkNice, with 3 master's invites, is tied with me when I only have 2 official wins, a single master, and a bunch of seconds? The line has to be drawn somewhere. This was the case with the original scoring system of (+1,2,1,2,3).

I think I'll change the order of points to +1,2,2,3,4 (rather than +1,2,3,4,5) in order to give some opportunity for advancement. Otherwise this list will remain stale until some wild kid bursts through and wins 10 officials hahaha. This change would make the bottom of this list a bit more flexible and wouldn't cater to those "win one master and you're in" players. For example Drewlll would only have 4 points based on this system rather than 5. So players with 2 official wins and a second would be ranked ahead of him if they were master-less. Which I believe is fair.

EDIT: Although, this list as is provides an awesome glimpse into the players who were truly successful in PokeMMO from the initiation of the Master's Event until now.

Why are you not including unofficial tournaments?

(I don't like the point of officials > unofficials)

inb4 greck makes another ranking thread including all tournaments :P

The underdogs thing is going to be a difficult problem to tackle and honestly I can't weigh them equal to a Master, simply because they weren't included in the big hoopla at the beginning of the year and their special annual event never took place.

As for the points for Master's Invites, it certainly makes it really freaking hard to beat those players for a spot on the list and I might have to edit a bit. Yet, how can you say someone like ThinkNice, with 3 master's invites, is tied with me when I only have 2 official wins, a single master, and a bunch of seconds? The line has to be drawn somewhere. This was the case with the original scoring system of (+1,2,1,2,3).

I think I'll change the order of points to +1,2,2,3,4 (rather than +1,2,3,4,5) in order to give some opportunity for advancement. Otherwise this list will remain stale until some wild kid bursts through and wins 10 officials hahaha. This change would make the bottom of this list a bit more flexible and wouldn't cater to those "win one master and you're in" players. For example Drewlll would only have 4 points based on this system rather than 5. So players with 2 official wins and a second would be ranked ahead of him if they were master-less. Which I believe is fair.

EDIT: Although, this list as is provides an awesome glimpse into the players who were truly successful in PokeMMO from the initiation of the Master's Event until now.

Hmmm I still think 4 points for 1 tournament is quite a lot especially since the tournament ended a while ago (RIP ;_; ), but this is your list of course, so do it as you like ;)

About the Underdogs it should take place soontm lol. And if you don't see underdogs as worthy as Masters then alrighty, I'm just like "UU>OU" but yea the hoola around OU has been bigger. :P

Not sure how it factors in, but old wins don't necessarily equate to current skill. So, if someone won a master's invite back in the day, that means they were pretty good back then, but I'd be more scared of someone who won an official today than someone who won a master's invite back in the day. Not suggesting old wins be worth less points, because that's too confusing of a system, I'm just saying you don't need a ton of weight on masters, because it's not as relevant to the current, and rapidly changing, meta.

Not sure how it factors in, but old wins don't necessarily equate to current skill. So, if someone won a master's invite back in the day, that means they were pretty good back then, but I'd be more scared of someone who won an official today than someone who won a master's invite back in the day. Not suggesting old wins be worth less points, because that's too confusing of a system, I'm just saying you don't need a ton of weight on masters, because it's not as relevant to the current, and rapidly changing, meta.

actually old wins should weigh more because back in the day people were good. Now everybody is thrash except a very few amount of players.

You can also expand your ranking and make a ranking for every tier =v

+1, i don't see a sense of making only 1 ranking with the different tiers, not like everybody is playing in all the possible tiers.