Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

Oh i see what you did. You took out the double points on official master invite wins. I had established that a Master Invite holder was credited 2 points for the official win and 2 points for the Master Invite itself.

You just gave me a nice idea for altering though.

*than

It's really interesting to see players from the past era completely discrediting the Master's series.

I'd like to say I wasn't completely discrediting it, I just think it's a bit late to be making a ranking system off of it. 

ITT: A method of ranking players so that the players the OP wishes to "come out on top" are present on the list.

It's pretty much known Lyle members are dominant in official tournaments. I myself wouldn't really count unofficials either, because it's hard to gauge which ones to pick and which ones not to.

ITT: A method of ranking players so that the players the OP wishes to "come out on top" are present on the list.

I'm just going to ignore this post. Anyone who feels they are not represented accordingly based on their official results please contact me and we can discuss a better way to develop this ranked system.

I'd like to say I wasn't completely discrediting it, I just think it's a bit late to be making a ranking system off of it. 

It is tough, but I'm going to change the weights garnered to each event. Likely removing bonus points for a master invite. RIP based ThinkNice.

It's pretty much known Lyle members are dominant in official tournaments. I myself wouldn't really count unofficials either, because it's hard to gauge which ones to pick and which ones not to.

Ya, you can't simply say oh this one is competitive, this one isn't. That's just not fair. I might initiate a set of guidelines for future unofficials to be included. For example, a qualifying unofficial must have 32 players, must have at least 4 official tournament winners present, must have a shiny prize, etc.

So... Masters tournaments where people are DQ'd in finals (and not allowed to rematch) as well as who "throw" wins in order to split prizes should count? Let's try and be relevant, I mean this "system" is including both 3v3 and 4v4. I am not going to say all unofficials or all officials should be included but umm, this isn't a fantastic representation imo. People hyped up the Masters waaaaay too much in their head, tbh. Not discrediting it, but they have the same value as any other standard tournament as far as competitive abilities. 

I'm just going to ignore this post. Anyone who feels they are not represented accordingly based on their official results please contact me and we can discuss a better way to develop this ranked system.

My sides when you actually think this is accurate.

If we would discard all 3v3 and 4v4 tournaments I think there would be even more Lyle members on top of the list :P

That's fine, I don't think the point is to try to take anyone off of it, simply to have consistent and realistic criteria.

That's fine, I don't think the point is to try to take anyone off of it, simply to have consistent and realistic criteria.

I was reacting on the fact that Emily made this post:

So she wouldn't want more Lyle members on the list :p

So, are we suggesting that 3v3 and 4v4 events be removed then? I'm asking for opinions on improvement not judgment.

EDIT: thus the reason for the title [Discussion]

No way, the format for official tournaments is what determines our meta. Even the gimmicky formats are part of the game. This is best overall, and part of being the best is adapting to different formats.

So, are we suggesting that 3v3 and 4v4 events be removed then? I'm asking for opinions on improvement not judgment.

EDIT: thus the reason for the title [Discussion]

IMO create an "eligibility" for tournaments such as:

• Number of participants 
  • Remove gimmicks (define "gimmick" in your opinion. I don't see Tier Shift, BotTs, etc as gimmicks but do see Clefairy Cup as one obvi)
  • Advertising (Tournament thread required, notice required, sponts don't count etc)
  • etc

No, you cannot rid every DQ or sketchy win by this but you can saturate your system with more data to curve it properly

I personally like a win percentage system, or weights on wins (more points for wins further in a bracket, etc), but that's extra effort etc. 

I was reacting on the fact that Emily made this post:

So she wouldn't want more Lyle members on the list :P

I wouldn't want Lyle members on the list, what? I don't care who is on it, I deem this list extremely skewed and not an accurate representation of PVP players though. That's just me and my statistics/research experience mindset though... 

Edited by Emlee

I'm pretty sure the two statements were unrelated...

So she makes a statement that JJ made this thread to boost LYLE e-penis. Then she posts how 3v3 and 4v4 meta's shouldn't be counted in this. Which ironically would only boost LYLE e-penis. That's why I connected the two because I jokingly meant to say that the list wouldn't be any more 'OMG LYLE IS SO GREAT PRAISE US' than it is now. C:

IMO create an "eligibility" for tournaments such as:

• Number of participants 
  • Remove gimmicks (define "gimmick" in your opinion. I don't see Tier Shift, BotTs, etc as gimmicks but do see Clefairy Cup as one obvi)
  • Advertising (Tournament thread required, notice required, sponts don't count etc)
  • etc

No, you cannot rid every DQ or sketchy win by this but you can saturate your system with more data to curve it properly

I personally like a win percentage system, or weights on wins (more points for wins further in a bracket, etc), but that's extra effort etc. 

I wouldn't want Lyle members on the list, what? I don't care who is on it, I deem this list extremely skewed and not an accurate representation of PVP players though. That's just me and my statistics/research experience mindset though... 

It's still in development no doubt. Born yesterday and already altered twice. It will include more players. New weights will be given for various tournaments. Official tournaments that are gimmicky (guts/mono) will still be included. Reaching out for deep runs may one day be included, but damn. My time.

I still don't think I'll include unofficials. Sure there were some fucking awesome ones back in the day, but again, saying which is which will rustle too many feathers.