Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

Interesting to see team standings from a total of individual player points. Might be a bit wrong, but sketched this out of curiosity mainly:

LYLE 92.5
PoAu 40.5
BAIL 36.5
CB 32
AW 25.5
CiX 22
IvsU 19.5

I'd be down to see the exact #s if anyone is up for the research.

Could be nice a comparison to put with best teams.

Points per team as a separate entity from Team Tourney wins

I'd be down to see the exact #s if anyone is up for the research.
Could be nice a comparison to put with best teams.
Points per team as a separate entity from Team Tourney wins

I'll work it up tonight to include all wins based on my standard vs gimmick platform. Will figure out how to list it in the op sometime. An extra reserve spot pls staff???

Back again for more questions. Master invite is 1 point and official is 2 points? How did u get master invite without an official win? Beside what officials did exist that wasnt master invite related which mattered back then? By this score winning official should grant u 2 points for official win and 1 for the master invite on top of it leaving some players hifher rated than they r atm. I dont get this score rating. Plz take my name off it as i probably aint considered even top 20 but judging on the score rate here should be top 10. ;)

Back again for more questions. Master invite is 1 point and official is 2 points? How did u get master invite without an official win? Beside what officials did exist that wasnt master invite related which mattered back then? By this score winning official should grant u 2 points for official win and 1 for the master invite on top of it leaving some players hifher rated than they r atm. I dont get this score rating. Plz take my name off it as i probably aint considered even top 20 but judging on the score rate here should be top 10. ;)

This isn't a power rankings list based on defining who the best players are now, but rather who the best players over time have been. The debate here is defining whether these rankings should be based on the difficulty of the meta or the commitment by players resulting in a stronger meta. I took the stance that the master's meta was a better meta than the one we play in based on the commitment to winning all players had taken. Players truly wanted the recognition of a masters invite and dedicated a lot of time and energy to their play and training. While there is still effort today, players aren't as commited to winning and simply play more to play and hope they make a deep run, barring an above average prize.

With this said, I awarded a master invite +1 along with the +2 for the official win. There were typically 3 monthly events with a master invite while the majority of others did not. This provides exclusivity that garners the additional point even further.

The place you have is warranted and should be present on this list. Without your name, this list would not be complete. If you disagree with the structure I have always been open to refinement, but currently as is, the majority of players today recognize this list as being an appropriate representation of play over time.

This isn't a power rankings list based on defining who the best players are now, but rather who the best players over time have been. The debate here is defining whether these rankings should be based on the difficulty of the meta or the commitment by players resulting in a stronger meta. I took the stance that the master's meta was a better meta than the one we play in based on the commitment to winning all players had taken. Players truly wanted the recognition of a masters invite and dedicated a lot of time and energy to their play and training. While there is still effort today, players aren't as commited to winning and simply play more to play and hope they make a deep run, barring an above average prize.

With this said, I awarded a master invite +1 along with the +2 for the official win. There were typically 3 monthly events with a master invite while the majority of others did not. This provides exclusivity that garners the additional point even further.

The place you have is warranted and should be present on this list. Without your name, this list would not be complete. If you disagree with the structure I have always been open to refinement, but currently as is, the majority of players today recognize this list as being an appropriate representation of play over time.

Them days people fought for glory and the title of a Master. Best days so far (behind Team Tourney wins of course).

ah those days where I was a noob and didn't play in any of the masters invitational tourneys

Same feeling, I probably would not have won a Master's tourney but I think I would've won one of those UU invitational ones had I been as aware back then.

EDIT: In a way I guess the old meta was a little harder in the sense that unless you were in a good team, you had very limited resources since breeding was hard and before breeding anyone with a 31 speed starmie would probably have dominated.

Edited by NikhilR

Same feeling, I probably would not have won a Master's tourney but I think I would've won one of those UU invitational ones had I been as aware back then.

EDIT: In a way I guess the old meta was a little harder in the sense that unless you were in a good team, you had very limited resources since breeding was hard and before breeding anyone with a 31 speed starmie would probably have dominated.

Yeah I was very limited on the comps I had, albeit I didn't start playing until breeding came out so I never had to suffer through catchmmo, it was still a bitch to breed anything. I managed to breed an ou team on my own but things like snorlax and starmie were way too expensive at the time, considering I only had 1-2 lucky eggs for awhile. Once breeding was buffed late 2013-early 2014, it was a lot easy to get comps and actually make a good team and not be restricted by what comps you have. Also don't think I ever had a 100's team so that limited the tournaments I could enter as well. All in all winning a tournament in 2013 was a pretty difficult feat and required a lot of luck, glad things have changed some since then

tbh you would have won for sure, i got 2nd twice & if i think back on it, i had no clue what i was doing.

Update: Congratulations to OldKeith for being the first Official Tournament Champion in PokeMMO Generation III (Pre-breeding --> Breeding --> Hoenn)! OldKeith is now sitting tied at 12th place with 9 points. Also congratulations to Timwaps of the Asgard Warriors for becoming the 2nd player from the #1 team in game making this list. He earned a second place last night playing incredibly well throughout. Also of note, yWreck has been qualified for this list but was deleted somehow. So again, congrats to yWreck as his name was re-established.

Update: There were a number of official tournaments (5) that were missing from the Hall of Fame. These events were held in 2012 and mostly consisted of Gimmicks, but the winners were allotted their points and adjustments have been made. Congratulations to LeVolpe for moving into 14th place with 8 points (1 Gimmick Win and 1 Gimmick 2nd added). Congratulations also to DoctorPBC for winning the PokeMMO World Cup, a standard official event in late 2012. He has now qualified for this list and is ranked 16th with 6 points. 

The events added were:

1. Winter Bash

2. PokeMMO World Cup

3. Starter Tournament

4. Fire-type Only Tournament

5. 1st Ever Pika Cup!

Update: There were a number of official tournaments (5) that were missing from the Hall of Fame. These events were held in 2012 and mostly consisted of Gimmicks, but the winners were allotted their points and adjustments have been made. Congratulations to LeVolpe for moving into 14th place with 8 points (1 Gimmick Win and 1 Gimmick 2nd added). Congratulations also to DoctorPBC for winning the PokeMMO World Cup, a standard official event in late 2012. He has now qualified for this list and is ranked 16th with 6 points. 

The events added were:

1. Winter Bash

2. PokeMMO World Cup

3. Starter Tournament

4. Fire-type Only Tournament

5. 1st Ever Pika Cup!

[CIX] DoctorPBC  **********

please fix, ty beb