Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

This thread gave me an idea.

Also please remove my name from any listings of "best players" as I can simply not agree to not only be listed above Conquest but in a list who doesn#t even recognize the true pokemmo master.

i used to have a screenshot of me, conquest, samueljw and a few other people at an "eevee party" which was years ago now. it was announced on global when global was actually slow moving, must've been before pokeMMO started saving screenshots into a folder.

After thinking it through I don't think I can alter this list to accurately represent a ranking system throughout PokeMMO. Players today know who the best players are and they are evidentially seen here. My list as is represents the top players during the Master's Tournament era.

KingBowser and Frags are top tier.

There is also an exceptional number of players who have come and gone, including uMadBrah, Volpe, and many others. There are also players that play today that are widely regarded as being the best as well, those players include Amanu and myself.  

Players throughout this game will strive to be the best, and I encourage them to do so. Maybe someday another tournament series will be started by staff that can help decide who that person is. Until then, we can only base our discussion on subjective opinion.

• 2 months later...

Updated for kicks. Frags inches a tad bit closer to KingBowser with a 1st and 2nd place official win, while Bowser extends his lead with a 2nd place win. Daniellegal moves into a tie for 8th place with Jeehad after taking 2nd place in the Monotype #5 Tournament.

Wins include all officials to this date.

[spoiler] Bored, so I'm going to re-work some numbers and include all players with Official Wins (Top 25 Only) [/spoiler]

Updated:

Included in this update was a re-working of the scoring system. Points earned for a Master Event win was reduced from 4 to 3; points for a Master Invite earned was reduced from 3 to 2; 3 points were awarded to the Underdog Champion to normalize with Master Event wins; 2 points were awarded for Underdog Invite holders to normalize with Master Invite holders.

Inclusion criteria was expanded to include all Official Tournament winners and the listed players were reduced to include players with 5 or more points only.

Also added was the "Best Teams in PokeMMO". [LYLE] is #1 with [AW] a very close second. Surprisingly only 6 teams have won the 16 team tournaments that have been hosted by staff. Scoring was based on the following: 5 points for 1st place, 2 points for 2nd place. Also included was Win %, Finals Win %, and Finals %.

Let me know what you think, and congratulations to the players and teams that are listed. You are certainly the best of the best in this game.

Updated:

Included in this update was a re-working of the scoring system. Points earned for a Master Event win was reduced from 4 to 3; points for a Master Invite earned was reduced from 3 to 2; 3 points were awarded to the Underdog Champion to normalize with Master Event wins; 2 points were awarded for Underdog Invite holders to normalize with Master Invite holders.

Inclusion criteria was expanded to include all Official Tournament winners and the listed players were reduced to include players with 5 or more points only.

Also added was the "Best Teams in PokeMMO". [LYLE] is #1 with [AW] a very close second. Surprisingly only 6 teams have won the 16 team tournaments that have been hosted by staff. Scoring was based on the following: 5 points for 1st place, 2 points for 2nd place. Also included was Win %, Finals Win %, and Finals %.

Let me know what you think, and congratulations to the players and teams that are listed. You are certainly the best of the best in this game.

Information like this would go great for a PokeMMO Podcast. Any who, enjoying this thread.

With the new scoring method, and by extending inclusion criteria to all official tournaments winners, Barrage and JorgeBale are now a part of the Top 10. Also, Amanu, with his success in the Underdog Tournament, has broken away from uMadBrah and is now alone in 3rd place.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Congratulations to Team [LYLE] and KingBowser for advancing their leads in each of their respective tiers through wins this month. New blood in the Top 15 individual rankings are BurntZebra (T-14th) and Jayfeatskydd (T-15th). Daniellegal (6th) added a second place finish and inches closer to JSTUD (5th). Also LeVolpe and Fujimura fall out of the Top 10 with Daniellegals 2nd place finish.