Best PvP Players & Teams of PokeMMO

It's still in development no doubt. Born yesterday and already altered twice. It will include more players. New weights will be given for various tournaments. Official tournaments that are gimmicky (guts/mono) will still be included. Reaching out for deep runs may one day be included, but damn. My time.

I still don't think I'll include unofficials. Sure there were some fucking awesome ones back in the day, but again, saying which is which will rustle too many feathers.

... then what was the point of posting such an unfinished thing? Shrug. Your thread and such, just leaving my input I guess. 

[spoiler] Mono = who guessed the correct counter to my type, Guts = unorganized shit show that forces you to use a small pool of Pokes [/spoiler]

RIP Jag. I missed and loved your rankings. Such dedication, hard work and intelligence. 

I get this weird feeling her goal isn't to push LYLE down the list, but rather to push someone else up the list.

I strongly dislike people who think with only their emotions and then imply others do as well. Gain some insight, Imgur

... then what was the point of posting such an unfinished thing? Shrug. Your thread and such, just leaving my input I guess. 

RIP Jag. I missed and loved your rankings. Such dedication, hard work and intelligence. 

See this is why people don't like you. In this post you have subtly both discredited my intelligence and drive, as well as calling this project a "thing". This "thing" is designed to be a bare bones project that would evolve with opinion and insight from the community.

inb4 "I don't know what you're talking about, I was simply remarking on a project that was in good design"

See this is why people don't like you. In this post you have subtly both discredited my intelligence and drive, as well as calling this project a "thing". This "thing" is designed to be a bare bones project that would evolve with opinion and insight from the community.

inb4 "I don't know what you're talking about, I was simply remarking on a project that was in good design"

inb4 LOLZOMG

I strongly dislike people who think with only their emotions and then imply others do as well. Gain some insight, Imgur

I'm not going to get into a shit-flinging contest with you, but literally every single one of your posts in these Best Player threads has been emotional, usually in a super passive-aggressive way. It really boggles me that you can't see that. Personally, I don't give a shit about any of this, so it's pretty hard for me to get emotional about it, I just have a compulsive need to call people out on their bullshit.

I don't think you are unintelligent but I will admit I was extremely shocked that you think this is an accurate measure of competitive abilities in this community. I am not saying that the individuals near the top of the list or whatnot will change with more data, but umm more data = more confidence and clearly there are people on this list who wouldn't stand up to other competitors when more information is compared. 

I'm not going to get into a shit-flinging contest with you, but literally every single one of your posts in these Best Player threads has been emotional, usually in a super passive-aggressive way. It really boggles me that you can't see that. Personally, I don't give a shit about any of this, so it's pretty hard for me to get emotional about it, I just have a compulsive need to call people out on their bullshit.

When you think with an emotional perspective then you will read/see an emotional perspective. So your response does not surprise me. 

Fully support one with unofficials. My fucking time to shine.

Why can't there just be a ranking for officials and a ranking for unofficials? There have been plenty of great suggestions to make sure the unofficial tournaments are credible. There are plenty of great players who never do officials who could use some credit where it's due.

Not discrediting it, but they have the same value as any other standard tournament as far as competitive abilities. 

I think the big difference is that in the Masters series you dont have to weed out all the scrubs to see the good players play each other. 

Why can't there just be a ranking for officials and a ranking for unofficials? There have been plenty of great suggestions to make sure the unofficial tournaments are credible. There are plenty of great players who never do officials who could use some credit where it's due.

In all honesty, hardly any of the most recent unofficials meet the half the requirements suggested already. This would cause any rankings based almost entirely off the unofficial tournaments hosted many months ago (think VVVV tourneys, Nicetourneys, Amanu sponts, Pre-Staff-Archi Tourneys, etc) and what does that really accomplish? It most definitely wouldn't give players who play strictly unofficials in today's community any recognition. The player numbers at unofficials has dropped significantly since I started this game. When I first started playing, 20 people could be gathered for a spontaneous in 3 minutes and getting 32 people was rather easy. Now, the people who run unofficial tournaments regularly (I'm thinking Pokedailies) struggle to get 16 people and with the "lesser played" tiers, struggle to get 8.

In all honesty, hardly any of the most recent unofficials meet the half the requirements suggested already. This would cause any rankings based almost entirely off the unofficial tournaments hosted many months ago (think VVVV tourneys, Nicetourneys, Amanu sponts, Pre-Staff-Archi Tourneys, etc) and what does that really accomplish? It most definitely wouldn't give players who play strictly unofficials in today's community any recognition. The player numbers at unofficials has dropped significantly since I started this game. When I first started playing, 20 people could be gathered for a spontaneous in 3 minutes and getting 32 people was rather easy. Now, the people who run unofficial tournaments regularly (I'm thinking Pokedailies) struggle to get 16 people and with the "lesser played" tiers, struggle to get 8.

Well if someone decided to do ranking for unofricials they could just omit spontaneous and only include those which were posted ahead and fit whatever other criteria. And unofricials aren't really as dead as they appear, Shanies fnf and Mauru's tnt got over 32 people so I think its more of lack of non-spont unofficial tourneys rather than no one participating. As for the pokedailys, first off LOL, and I think the problem is that its like every day, so some days there are less people than others, and they often have shit tier NU tournaments, which has less player base than other tiers.. pretty sure the OU/UU tier tournaments during the weekend still get a good number of people.

Also, and this is directed at people complaining about how JJ should put in officials, this is an unofficial ranking system that someone put the effort in to make. If you want one for unofricials for the go do it yourself, no one is stopping you, instead of complaining here, because you know, op isn't staff or anything so he's not required to make you happy or anything

edit: tranz is salty his 32 man shiny prize sponts weren't included in this post so here you go man, shoutout. nvm he doesn't want to look like a douche apparently, so he says he doesn't want any credit for all the effort he has put it to make the tourneys work

Well if someone decided to do ranking for unofricials they could just omit spontaneous and only include those which were posted ahead and fit whatever other criteria. And unofricials aren't really as dead as they appear, Shanies fnf and Mauru's tnt got over 32 people so I think its more of lack of non-spont unofficial tourneys rather than no one participating. As for the pokedailys, first off LOL, and I think the problem is that its like every day, so some days there are less people than others, and they often have shit tier NU tournaments, which has less player base than other tiers.. pretty sure the OU/UU tier tournaments during the weekend still get a good number of people.

Also, and this is directed at people complaining about how JJ should put in officials, this is an unofficial ranking system that someone put the effort in to make. If you want one for unofricials for the go do it yourself, no one is stopping you, instead of complaining here, because you know, op isn't staff or anything so he's not required to make you happy or anything

Not to mention the sheer amount of unofficial tournaments someone who decides to include unofficals would have to go through and check against the rankings criteria would be overwhelming.