Design Your Own Region [ April 18th-May 28th]

DopestDope is correct, the map just has to be legible and meet the requirements. It doesn't have to be styled exactly like in the Pokemon games.

But it looks cooler if you do it like in the Pokemon Games ^_^

-Eggplantoftime's Entry-

[Spoiler]

Introduction: Here is the result of a month's effort. Finally!

In the end, I couldn't get as far as I wanted. There's not really a written storyline, so the villains can't really interact with it. A lot of missing art for characters and areas. And mehh but I had to leave home two days before the end of the contest. :P

I wanted to say thanks to Musica for hosting this, (and not just saying this for extra points because he's not in the judge list anyway) because this is exactly the kind of thing I'd always hoped for. I have a thing for fan-game design, hah.

Anyways, I learned quite a bit. First of all, time-organization. I failed. We had a full 40 days but I'm still not finished. Stuff like this requires dedication that I'll be sure to have next time.

Secondly, it's harder than I thought. Can't underestimate the scenarists of a game anymore. Even though sincethe beginnign I had a lot of rough ideas that I could put together, I couldn't put everything together and had to resort to a scrapbox. Even though I thought my team was perfect, there's really not that much in the region for them to mess up.

So, respect to scenarists.

And finally, this was hella fun and we need another contest of this scale sometime.

Well, enjoy the read!

IGN: Eggplant

Name of the region: Nomos.

The region is at Kalos' border. It is based off the second, southern half of France. As Kalos is greek for "Beauty", Nomos is greek for "Law". Law and justice will be a recurrent theme in this region.

(I actually wanted the greek name for Justice, but it wasn't pronouncable.)

Mythology:

[spoiler]

Note: The creation of Nomos is heavily linked with other region's mythologies. You'll hear a lot of things you already know, but I'll still try to apply the no-contradiction rule to smoothly insert Nomos into the existing pokemon world.

Creation:

Around 3000 years ago, there was a set of twin brothers who used a powerful dragon pokemon to unite the people. But they began to disagree over their beliefs. The younger brother strived for ideals, and the older sought truth. The dragon split into two entities, Zekrom and Reshiram, who sided with the younger and older brother respectively. They fought, but neither side could win, Zekrom and Reshiram were equally matched. And so, they declared neither side was right, stopped the fighting, and split up.

One of the brothers (depending on the version) went and founded the Relic Castle, heart of a new civilization in the land of "Unova".

The other brother was sick of this land and went for a fresh start. He traveled far away onto new territory, which he called "Nomos".

It was a rather empty land. There were people and pokemon, although mostly living independently. So he did what he knew how to do; build a country from scratch. He helped people and pokemon work together, solve small-scale conflicts, and united them under his rule. Everyone respected him, society was a new thing in Nomos.

Meanwhile, the neighboring region above was flourishing as well. Word of Nomos' new leader had been heard by the King of Kalos, AZ. They exchanged, worked together, borrowed, helped each other out. The kings of Nomos and Kalos had befriended each other fast, as they shared a similar train of thought. King AZ had also united his people from scratch when they were in need.

A few decades later, the king of Nomos had passed away, but not without a descendant. His son had taken over the throne. And the same went for the King of Unova. The sons of the twin brothers were just like their fathers when they were young. The son of the older brother found it humiliating that his father couldn't win, and he wanted to prove that he was right.

So he sought out his cousin, and led his army to Nomos for a surprise war. The new King of Nomos was hardly opposed to a battle, as he wanted to prove his beliefs just the same.

The two dragons arose again, fighting for each side in a tight battle. Creating disasters, devastating the land of Nomos that his father had worked on so hard. It wasn't the same as fighting on an empty land. The colateral damage was immense. Every human and pokemon was involved, each siding with who they thought was right.

The King of Nomos asked AZ for his help. He sent out some of his own troops to control the fighting, but they got decimated. Along with them, his favorite pokemon, Floette.

Taken with immense grief, he built a machine that could revive his lost pokemon. The operation succeeded, but he was filled with rage against the two selfish brothers who took his pokemon away. So he transformed his machine into a weapon, and fired it in the battlefield's direction, destroying both sides.

The two dragons disappeared. The two brothers survived, and realized what they had done. Whatever they did, it wasn't ideal, and it wasn't gonna help find truth.

Unova was doing just fine, so the two brothers finally called it quits, and settled down together in Nomos, each in their own castle in the northern mountains, and did what they could do rebuild it.

Later events:

Roughly 300 years ago, Nomos suffered an attack from the King of Kalos. Not only Nomos, but surrounding regions as well. Kalos declared a war onto everything surrounding it, and somehow won. It was a pointless war to display power and authority. In that war, the castles of the old brothers were completely destroyed, leaving barely any ruins. Kalos seized the statues of Reshiram and Zekrom that were in the castles as loot, and placed them in the Parfum Palace that was built shortly after.

The places were mostly abandoned, until new towns were recently built on top of the ruins; Ecloges and Galland. New statues of Zekrom and Reshiram were also erected, and the tunnels of truth and ideal were dug for easier access to said towns.

This war also had consequences in Unova. Although Kalos' troops were quickly defeated there, a wildfire was still provoked in the Moor of Icirrus. In this fire, the pokemon named Keldeo was separated from its parents. But, he and the other pokemon of the forest were saved by Virizion, Cobalion, and Terrakion, who formed the Swords of Justice. They raised it as their own child, taught it how to fight and survive. Eventually, he surpassed them, and left the forest without a word for unknown reasons.
They say it can still be seen at scenic waterfronts.

[/spoiler]

Map of the region:

[spoiler]

The grey area just above the region is Kalos. Kiloude city is pretty much feet away from Lyrepolis, and can be accessed by train.

The colored areas basically just reflect altitude. Green being plains, brown mountains.

The route numbers follow up the ones from Kalos, much like how Johto continues the ones from Kanto. The story progresses pretty much in route order.

ovt94qe.png

[/spoiler]

Gym Badges:

[spoiler]

I saw this in the requirements last minute and I ahve no idea where to put them, so here they are.
http://imgur.com/WFcr6Di.png

You can try to guess ahead what types they refer to; and come back later once you've met the gym leaders.

[/spoiler]

Storyline:

[spoiler] Well, there was going to be sort of a story, but I hadn't really the time to write it out. You can visit the scrapbox for extra details on the story later.

But, characters and areas are introduced as the story progresses.

Towns are in red, routes green, landmarks blue.

Most pokemon's habitats are similar to the gen 6 patterns, as Nomos shares Kalos' overall climate, since it's just below. It also shares many resemblances with Unova's habitat patterns, as Nomos was created by Zekrom and Reshiram the same way Unova was.

So, let the adventure begin!

Millefellier: 

[spoiler]

Note: The towns are all and each inspired from a real world town. The names have been changed, and the location may slightly differ. But just as Lumiose City is based off Paris, most of Nomos' towns are a representation of real places in southern France.

The town names also got a common theme. Just like how Kanto's are colors and Kalos' are flowers, Nomos' get to be popular french desserts and pastries, combined with the name of the actual french town.

Description:

[spoiler] This town is located near the southern coast. It's the starting town of the Region. Its name is a combination of the town Montpellier, and the classic messy dessert, Millefeuille. The words just went well together.

There isn't much here other than a few houses. The actual Montpellier doesn't have really any specifities; it's just a town. Somehow, everyone has heard of it, but it really has nothing that makes it stand out. So I think it suits the starter town. It's just... there. I think it's just a very residential town. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-Your House

-Your Rival's house

-Some neighbor

-A pond

[/spoiler]

Story:

[spoiler]You just arrived at Sucrouse International Airport, moved into town and finished unpacking. Not that you had a lot of luggage. The move is due to mom's work who was transferred to Professor Hawthorn's lab in Sucrouse, and rent was cheaper here than in the city.

So, your mom tells you to go greet the neighbors, classically. You go for a friendly visit and meet this guy who is the same age as you. Surprise, he's a jerk! Classic gen 1 and 2 ftw.

So, you end up tagging along to visit her new workplace. [/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

Mom, rival (no details available)

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Route 23:
[spoiler]
Route 23 is the first route you'll walk on as you exit your hometown. Since you have no pokmeon yet as the lab is in the next town over, there is no tall grass to walk in, and no wild pokmeon to encounter. You'll see some wild pokemon flying around such as fletchling and taillow, but nothing to battle.
It's a rural dirt path, with windmills along the entire way, producing energy for the region.
There are friendly NPCs who will give you tips, and flowers all around. Not many trees, it's essentially a field with a wide view.[/spoiler]

Sucrouse City:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] The name stems from Sucre, french for sugar, and Toulouse, a city known for its space centers and airports. Why sugar? Because it's white powder. And white powder and planes alike make you go high.

Just neighboring Millefellier, this is where the pokemon professor lives, studies and works.

Sucrouse is a large center of research about aircraft, planes, rockets, with space centers and academies and one of France's largest airports. There are also windmills to generate power alongside Ecloges' power plant. So Nomos' version of this town will be very scientific, with the pokemon lab being based here, as well as the trainer school to help the player early game, and the international airport in which the player arrived as he moved to Millefellier. And so, the residents here are mostly students or researchers. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-Pokemon Research Lab

-1st Gym (Fly)

-Pokemon Center / Market

-Sucrouse University

-International Airport

-Aircraft Museum 1F / Space research Center 2F

-Clothes Boutique (Backpacks and hats)

-Café Etude, where people come study in their breaks. In all of Nomos' cafés, you can also purchase pastries that'll replenish your pokemon's HP and provide extra happiness.

-Apartments

-Windmills

[/spoiler]

Story:

[spoiler] So, you're in the lab and professor hawthorn is having some hard-to-follow conversation with your mom about research and pokemon happiness and philosophy and things.

She ends up showing off her compeltely innovative device that can record data off of pokemo you caught, so you can learn about pokemon! And it so turns out that she needsone or two people to go and fill it out for her. Your mom of course lets you of the hook since you're not going to school anyway. And, the rival shows up who happens to be the professor's nephew. Classic gen 1 ftw!

So you both race to the finish to be the very best like no one ever was.

Professor Hawthorn gifts each of you a starting pokemon. You get to choose first between Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie. This is the set of starters because they are native to this climate, as Nomos is neighboring Kalos.

The rival, being the jerk he is, yet terrible at pokemon battling, chooses the starter that he thinks will have the advantage over yours.

Fire evaporates water, water drowns plants, and plants grow in sunlight right? Breaking conventions, you'll have the advantage over your rival for once.

So, professor Hawthorn recommends you to go catch a few pokemon in the area before the forest and go practice in the Gym. This is a gym that actually has for purpose to make you stronger. the gym's layout is a huge elevator, and each time you defeat a trainer, you rise higher up. This will allow you to gain enough exp to reach a gym leader battle that isn't levels 6 and 7. After defeating Harry, you get your first League badge and you may leave.

If you don't like exploring, you're essentially finished here, and so you head off to the forest to gather more species in your pokedex. [/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

Professor Hawthorn:

[spoiler]

Name: Hyacinth Hawthorn (As tradition goes, male professors are named after trees and women after bushes.

Much like juniper, which is some bush that grows some blue berry, hawthorn grows red ones. Hyacinth is a flower. According to some plant symbolism, both Hyacinth and Hawthorn stand for happiness, which so happens to be her field of study.)

Trainer Class: Pokémon Professor

Illustration: http://imgur.com/oystwaT.png

Description: Professor Hawthorn is a graduate from Sucrouse University in philosophy and psychology. As stated above, she studies the happiness of pokemon. She asks herself questions such as; "What do pokemon think of their purpose in life? Are they happy serving their master, would they rather be free, or do they even care at all? Are they even conscious of things such as ambition, and things that don't run solely on their survival instinct? We've all got some life goals that'll make us happy, but what do pokemon live for?"

Her personality is a little intimidating. She has this way with her subordiantes assistants, who don't exactly dare to go against her opinion. Then again, they've usually been proven wrong so they learned to trust her judgement. She's actually really nice, and a beautiful woman, so people find it to be a shame to get on her bad side.

[/spoiler]

1st Gym Leader: Harry

[spoiler]

Name: Harry (because.. h-air-y. air as in, fly... meh)

Trainer Class: Gym Leader

Type: Fly

Illustration: http://imgur.com/oBNp5Ps.png

DescriptionHe's currently a student at Sucrouse University and studies airplanes. He's fascinated by anything air-related, and wants to share the pleasure of flight with people who don't necessarily have pokemon they can fly with. He's very hardworking and serious about reaching his goal. He's quite an optimist. There is nothing you're not cut out for. Hard work always pays off.

Motto: "In theory, if you really want something, you can get it. But only if you really want it. If you're willing to do whatever it takes to get something, without exception, you can get it. And for once, in practice, it works just the same."

Team: Fletchling, Swellow

Note: Gym leaders' mottos are what they tell you when they lose to you in a gym battle. Their backstories are probably told through relatives, gossip, diaries.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Pokedex:

[spoiler]

http://imgur.com/m4OsUaI.png

The pokedex's funcionality is explained in the illustration above.

The design for it is based off a few things. First of all, this:

240px-Looker_Badge.png

This way, you can brandish your pokedex and open it with the automatic mechanism and everyone can pretend they are a policeman.

Your trainer card is digital and saved in the pokedex, so you can actually show your identity this way.

Since law and police are kind of a big thing in Nomos, I thought it'd be a fun hint to it.

Secondly, it's reminiscent of a Gameboy Advance SP, since protagonist tools tend to look like a nintendo console, but there has't been a GBASP pokedex yet.

And finally, a cell phone. I like the idea of a pokedex being able to do many many things. Instead of having a pokénav or a poketch' or other fancy tools, just make the pokedex better.

So, this pokedex can download apps from other NPCs thanks to its super elaborate and modern antenna system. This antenna is also used to emit the TM data for pokemon to learn, as well as to scan the data off of wild pokemon into its system.

And, you can call your friends with the Holo Caster app. Either classically like a phone, or you can enable speaker mode and view them on the 3D screen. Sadly, you yourself can't be viewed by others, because I forgot to draw the camera.

Most basic game functions run through the pokedex, such as pokemon status screens, trainer card, map...

Other apps include a clock, a stopwatch, an alarm, a pedometer, an itemfinder, a counter, etc.

But the essential app remains of course, the pokemon database. Unlike Kalos', it isn't divided into habitats, because there are less pokemon to find in Nomos. There is just the Nomos Dex and the International Dex.

And finally, tts name is Dexio. Yes, just like Professor Sycamore's assistant. Professor Hawthorn named it after him, in fact. She and Prof. Sycamore are relatively close friends. The pun was too good to waste, and sadly, Prof. Sycamore didn't use it for his own pokedex.. So she did.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Route 24:
[spoiler]
Here's where you get to catch your first few pokemon, and grind a little before taking on the first gym.
There are more trees, as you're about to enter Noire Forest. On route 24, you'll be able to catch a few of the basic, weaker starting pokemon, such as:

Tall grass:
-Fletchling
-Taillow
-Pidgey
-Poochyena
-Ratatta.
-Bunnelby
[/spoiler]

Noire Forest:
[spoiler]
Noire Forest is based off the "Black Forest", which is both a german mountain and cake.
It's the stereotypical low-level forest that is in every region. The trees are very dense, and not much sunlight gets through.
You'll find a lot of bug-type pokemon in here, among other things:

Tall Grass:
-Caterpie
-Metapod
-Weedle
-Kakuna
-Pineco
-Wurmple
-Cascoon
-Silcoon
-Scatterbug
-Phantump
[/spoiler]

Route 25:
[spoiler]
This is a very small route, it just marks the space between Noire Forest and the four-way crossroad.
You'll find the kind of pokemon who enjoy a forest-type of environment, but who'd rather be in the sun:

Tall Grass:
-Oddish
-Sentret
-Ledyba
-Sunkern
-Litleo
-Skiddo
[/spoiler]

Route 26:
[spoiler]
When heading west from the four-way crossroad towards Vigneaux; you'll end up on Route 26. This is the first route where you'll encounter a small river, with a bridge. You'll need to come back here to catch some route-26-exclusive pokemon after you've obtained a decent rod / HM surf. There's also a lot of flowers.

Flowers:
-Oddish
-Sunkern
-Budew
-Roselia
-Azurill
-Buizel
-Cherubi

Water:
-Psyduck (Surf)
-Slowpoke
-Marill
-Wooper 
-Tympole 
-Magikarp (Old Rod)
-Goldeen (Good Rod)
-Barboach 
-Gyarados (Super Rod)
-Whiscash
-Feebas

[/spoiler]

Vigneaux:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] Bordeaux is famous for its culture of grapes and making wine. these grape cultures are called Vignobles. Put Vignobles and Bordeaux together, you get Vigneaux, which sounds surprisingly french.

Vigneaux is a very rural town, with elderly people and farmers who have the manual know-how to make good wine and have been in the business for many years. Just around Vigneaux, there are large fields specifically for berry plantations. The farmers also produce moo moo milk. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-2nd Gym (Grass)

-Pokemon Center / Market

-Moo Moo Farm

-Residential houses

-Many Flowers

[/spoiler]

Story:

[spoiler]

Not much going on. After reaching Vigneaux, you can challenge the second gym leader without any obstruction, explore, and visit the berry fields etc.

But your Rival beat you to it, and he'll regretfully pick a fight with you.

[/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

2nd Gym Leader: Vincent

[spoiler]

NameVincent (because vin is french for wine)

Trainer Class: Gym Leader

Type: Grass

Illustration: http://imgur.com/X4KeS0z.png

Description: Vincent is the owner of the berry fields. He's good at taking care of the berries, planting, and harvesting, with the help of his pokemon that he's been with for many years. He had also been on a pokemon adventure when he was younger. In fact, he was a famous trainer; He's the former league champion of Nomos. But he retired, his life now is centered around work, and raising his own family. People think it's sad wasted potential, he could've made a lot of money in international tournaments, and now he's stuck living in a farm. But he doesn't regret it.

Motto: "You get different life goals as you grow older, but you should always live your dream. And my dream is to make my wife and children happy people. And I'm doing exactly that, so I am happy with my life. You don't need money if you can't spend it on the things you really want."

Team: Cherubi, Floette, Bellossom

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Route 27:
[spoiler]
Before exiting Vigneaux, there's a short path towards the berry fields. Again, lots of flowers, and some tall grass here and there with a few pokemon that you might assume escaped the farm.

Tall grass:
-Spearow
-Doduo
-Ponyta
-Tauros
-Mareep
-Miltank
-Bouffalant

Flowers:
-Bellsprout
-Eevee
-Cottonee
-Petilil
-Flabébé
[/spoiler]

Berry Fields:
[spoiler]
This is essentially the same as the one in Kalos.
Here, you can plant berries, water, grow them, discover fun mutations, and catch whatever bug pokemon are leeching off your berries:
-Ledyba
-Heracross
-Burmy
-Combee
-Sewaddle
-Spewpa
[/spoiler]

Route 28:
[spoiler]
This is the path leading north from the four-way crossroad, towards the cave of Ideal, followed by Ecloges.
Here, the path starts to get a little rocky, and it'll require riding a Lairon to get through.

Rocky path:
-Sandshrew
-Larvitar
-Aron
-Sandile
-Helioptile
[/spoiler]

Cave of Ideal:
[spoiler]
This cave is an artificial tunnel engineered by Gym Leader Solomon of Ecloges. It is twins with the Cave of Truth, just mirrored.
According to myths, the descendants of the twin heroes who built Unova used the same method to build Nomos, borrowing Zekrom and Reshiram's power. As Kings, they each had their castle in Ecloges and Galland. But they were destroyed in the war 300 years ago against Kalos.
So, the Caves of Truth and Ideal were made in their honor, as well as the legendary statues in both Ecloges and Galland.

The following pokemon can be found roaming around the cave:
-Zubat
-Geodude
-Jigglypuff
-Diglett
-Carbink

[/spoiler]

Ecloges:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] This town is north of Vigneaux, all the way into the mountains. The name comes from Limoges, which is a town known for crafting and selling electrical equipment, mostly; and éclair, which is the tastiest dessert alongside millefeuille; éclair which, also happens to translate to lightning. Consequently, here's where the power plant will be, fueling most of the region with reliable power, with the help of Toulouse's windmills.

But electricity is not the only aspect of the city. This is in the mountains after all, and so, mining is also an influental occupation. There is also a factory next to the power plant where they refine the ore that is found, and the player can craft things if they bring the right materials. This is essentially an industrial town that specializes in hardware.

There is also a statue of Zekrom in Ecloges. It is the same as the one in the Parfum Palace of Kalos. They were both made in Ecloges, as well as the Reshiram ones in Parfum Palace and in the neighbouring town, Galland. They were gifted to the Parfum Palace as loot after having lost to the King of Kalos in the war 300 years ago. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-3rd Gym (Electric)

-Pokemon Center / Market

-Power Plant

-Ore Factory / Hardware store (You can get an old pickaxe for finding ore, as well as the old rod)

-Statue of Zekrom

-Ecloges Guided Bus Station

-Residential houses

[/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

3rd Gym Leader: Solomon

[spoiler]

Name: Solomon (because sol is french for ground)

Trainer class: Gym Leader

Type: Ground

Illustration: http://imgur.com/g0CdmMM.png

Description: His father was a worker at the powerplant many years ago, but passed away in an accident at work while Solomon was still young, so he was raised along with his little brother by his single mother. Ever since, he's had a phobia of electricity, and so he raises ground-type pokemon to shield himself from it. They also help him in his mine work. He was one of the engineers in charge of the layout of the architecture of the tunnels of lie and truth, as well as the bus connection between Ecloges and Galland, which are all artificial tunnels.

Incidentally, his little brother is Grant, gym leader of Cyllage city in Kalos. And so they share similar taste in various domains, such as rocks and odd hairstyles. Solomon's hair is designed to look like a drill.

Motto: "There are no good jobs and bad jobs. All jobs are difficult in their own way, and they are all neccessary. There is only doing good work and bad work. Your job doesn't matter, really. All jobs are needed. As long as you're trying to do good work, never consider yourself worthless. Everyone is priceless."

Team: Marowak, Dugtrio, Excadrill

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Galland:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] Just neighboring Ecloges, this town is also rather industrial. It is based off Clermont-Ferrand, and its name is mixed with Galette, some sort of pie. Clermont-Ferrand is known mostly for its international short film festival. It is also the headquarters of Michelin which produce tires. For this reason, Galland will be a rather entertaining place, in which you can make PR videos, have pokemon contests, and also get your bike from the bike shop owner, Michel.

Work in the mines has just finished, so you can finally get from Ecloges to Galland with the new guided bus. Clermont-Ferrand was the first city in France to introduce this, so it'll be the same here in Nomos. It's a bus with tires, but guided by a single central rail. Tires manufactured by Michel, of course.

There is no gym here, but it's pretty recreative. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-Pokemon Center / Market

-Michel's Bike Shop

-PR Video Studio

-Pokemon Contest House

-Pokemon Fanclub

-Clothes Boutique (Casual wear, jeans, jackets, shoes..)

-Statue of Reshiram

-Galland Guided Bus Station

-Residential houses

[/spoiler]

Cave of Truth:
[spoiler]
As it's an artificial tunnel made by Gym Leader Solomon, It's no surprise that it has exactly the same layout as the Cave of Ideal. But oddly enough, completely different pokmeon species live there:
-Woobat
-Roggenrola
-Clefairy
-Drillbur
-Ferroseed
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Route 29:
[spoiler]
When heading east from the four-way crossroad, you'll end up on Route 29. It is a relatively long path, otherwise known as... Bicycle path!
It serves to me as a roadblock, so that you can't freely choose the order between all of the badges. A bit of freedom is okay; but you don't want your player getting the 4th badge first, and the 7th next.
In Nomos, it helps cross the desert. It's a very dry area that is painful to cross, and so this super convenient path was installed. You'll find a lot of motorbikes on it, since crossing the desert on a motorcycle is rock'n'roll.
Rollerblades are also allowed. You'll even find some rails to grind on.
There are no wild pokemon here, but there are other routes with the same climate that will contain what you normally would find here.
[/spoiler]

Route 30:
[spoiler]
Route 30 will be a lot like route 28, as in, rocky. A Lairon will be waiting for you, so you can safely cross.
But, you'll find the environment to be a little bit more of sand than rocks.
Here's what you can find while riding:

Rocky path:
-Trapinch
-Aron
-Sandile
-Helioptile
-Scraggy
[/spoiler]

Honorenne:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] The name is a combination of Saint-Etienne, the city of design, and Saint-Honoré, the only other dessert I could think of that starts with Saint.

People here will all be fashion-crazy, the buildings will be modern and extravagant and "design", everyone has unique tastes. It is the city of hipsters because they are the first to be cool. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-4th Gym (Bug)

-Pokemon Center / Market

-Game Corner

-Clothes Boutique (extravagant, original fashion)

-Café Retro, where people show off their love for 1st-gen pokemon

-Internet Café, where you can order rare competitive items online and have them delivered at your home.

-Modern Art Museum

-Apartments

[/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

4th Gym Leader: Anthea

[spoiler]

Name: Anthea (because.. ANT-hea.. because bugs)

Type: Bug

Illustration: http://imgur.com/RPW77Gt.png

Description: In the town that is the capital of odd fancy interests and extravagant taste in fashion, what better than having the gym leader be in possession of the pinnacle of unconventional taste in pokemon? Naturally, the oddest pokemon type of choice is the bug type. Nobody can understand her love for bugs and even among open-minded design freaks, she's treated as a weirdo.

Nevertheless, she is still beautiful enough to be Kalos' local supermodel. Her sense of fashion usually sets the new trends, except for a few things like her habit of wearing socks under her fancy high heels.

Motto: "The key to success is to be ahead of the game. People may not like my bugs, but they'll be cool in the future, and I'll have been the first to see their true worth. But this isn't about success. I like my bugs because they're just really sweet. Can't judge a book by its cover."

Team: Venomoth, Masquerain, Mothim, Volcarona

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Route 31:
[spoiler]
This is the frustrating part of the desert where no convenient bicycle path was built. If you want to get to Lyrepolis, you need to walk through some sand. Maybe even some sandstorms. You'll find some crazy martial artists who think that this environment suits their training, and some lost wanderers.
As for pokemon;

Sand:
-Cacnea
-Trapinch
-Hippopotas
-Maractus
-Sigilyph
-Dwebble
-Darumaka
[/spoiler]

Route 32:
[spoiler]
Route 32 is a route in which you'll transition from one environment to a completely different one. When heading from Honorenne to Aviron, you start at the edge of the desert relatively high up, and it's a downhill path to ground-level near the river. It's actually pretty much a one-way route with a lot of ledges, but you can work your way back up with rock climb.

Tall grass:
-Dunsparce
-Tangela
-Teddiursa
-Sneasel
-Phanpy
-Blitzle

Water:
-Magikarp (Old rod)
-Poliwag (Good rod)
-Poliwhirl (Super rod / Surf)
-Gyarados (Super rod)
[/spoiler]

Lyrepolis:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] Lyrepolis is the capital of Nomos. It's the one you've been waiting for. The large town with the skyscrapers.

It is based off Lyon, located on the river. The name is mixed with Crepes, which are the french equivalent of pancakes. Crepes are basically the capital of french desserts. The higlight. The best. That is why it'll go with the largest city.

And Polis is just a suffix because it's a large city.

In here you'll find all sorts of buildings like in Lumiose, with various offices and services, the largest shops and restaurants, but most importantly, this is where Interpol HQ lies. Since the main theme of the region is law and justice, this is an important place. (Get it, Lyrepolice, hahah).[/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-5th Gym (Ghost)

-Pokemon Center / Market

-International Police HQ

-Tribunal

-Lyrepolis Train Station

-Clothes Boutique (business or city-wear)

-Café Mystère, where everyone is a fan of riddles.

-Restaurant le maybe

-Restaurant le je sais pas

-Skyscrapers with various offices of things

-Apartments

[/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

Looker

[spoiler]

Looker! Because if Interpol HQ is in the city, Looker has no excuse not to be found here, especially if he's found in every other game. But, no details are available about what he does. He's just here.

[/spoiler]

5th Gym Leader: Buster

[spoiler]

Codename: Buster (because who're you gonna call?)

Type: Ghost

Illustration: http://imgur.com/Q8UpNam.png

Description: Buster is an employee at Interpol. Much like Looker, she goes by a codename, and no one actually knows her name. And, much like Looker, she's often short on money due to her low pay, and she runs the gym part-time alongside working as an international police officer. She also finds odd jobs during her free time, helping other citizens with diverse chores, such as mowing lawns, repairing things, cleaning up... Thankfully, the only affordable meal which is ramen, happens to be her favorite.

Buster is in charge specifically of paranormal investigation, as she's got a passion for that, as well as mystery, secrets, riddles, superstition, speculation, and ghost-types.

She also has habits of running on little to no sleep, getting easily distracted and daydreaming. She tries to be professional, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. She's also secretely very feminine. Even though she looks a bit creepy at times and has unconventional interests, she really does appreciate being called cute.

Motto: "There are two ways to solve a problem. First of all, every problem has a solution. The first way is to find that solution, and just solve it directly. It is always possible to find the solution. The second way, is when there is no solution. Well, that goes against the definition of a problem. If there's no solution, it might not be a problem to begin with."

Team: Mismagius, Spiritomb, Sableye, Froslass

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Route 33:
[spoiler]
Likely one of the most enchanting routes to look at, but frustrating to cross without repels. This route is mostly just surfing up the river, and you know how encounter rates are on the water. There are a few ledges on which you'll find some grass and you can take a break.
You increase in altitude as you approach Lyrepolis, so you'll encounter some waterfalls on the way.

Grass:
-Pikachu
-Cubone
-Gloom
-Seedot

Water:
-Poliwag (Surf)
-Lotad
-Surskit
-Tympole
-Poliwhirl (Good Rod)
-Chinchou
-Corphish
-Basculin (Super Rod)
-Remoraid
-Gyarados
[/spoiler]

Route 34:
[spoiler]
This route is relatively high up in the mountains, and as it's nearing grelee, it's cold. It tends to be snowy there. It's a high, narrow mountain path that people would rather avoid, except for the most hardcore of hikers. The pokemon are of rather high level here.
When battling on this route, the weather is constantly hailing. You'll have trouble riding your bicycle.

Grass:
-Snorunt
-Snover
-Ursaring
-Vannillish
-Cubchoo
[/spoiler]

Aviron:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] Aviron is located on Nomos' main river. It is based off real-world Avignon, and its name mixed with Macaron. It is famous for its great bridge that connects the two sides.

In the real avignon, half of the bridge was destroyed in some revolution (typical french) and never fully repaired. I want to translate this into the game by having the villain team destroy it later on.

Aviron is basically the most charming of towns. It's not just industrial or modern, it's the image of beauty people get when they think of France. Bridges, plants, rivers, nice houses. The population there is mostly the upper class, they enjoy fancy expensive things. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-Pokemon Center / Market

-Café deluxe, where everyone's dressed fancy

-Clothes Boutique (the expensive one with frilly things)

-Aviron Bridge

-A dock for fishing / hopping onto a surf

-Charming residential houses

- A luxurious hotel

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Route 36:
[spoiler]
This is the path that leads from Aviron to Mousseille. It's a very attractive route that people enjoy strolling on, as it's near the richest cities of the region, and since it's close to the seaside, there are some pretty cute natural ponds.
And so, it's a popular place to take your date, and it's now known as Romance Way, and you'll find essentially only couples on it who enjoy double battles. You're literally the only single person walking down it. Isn't that sad.
There are still some fancy wild pokemon:

Grass:
-Vulpix
-Ralts
-Pancham
-Furfrou
-Espurr

Water:
-Luvdisc
-Tynamo
-Alomomola
[/spoiler]

Mousseille:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] It is located on the southern coast. Mousseille is a large port and gathering place for fishermen. It is based off the real town Marseille, mixed with Mousse au chocolat. (Which translates to chocolate foam, sort of). Foam because, that's what the sea does.

There will be ferries that will take you to Corsante Island and San Cannel for a fee. Everyone here has a passion for the sea, and exchange. It is filled with sailors and fishermen, street merchants, and the people are typically loud and enjoy exchange. They are happy with appreciating the little things in life. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-6th Gym (Water)

-Pokemon Center

-Mousseille Port

-Street Markets

-Outdoor Café

-Fishing fanclub

-Clothes boutique (summer clothes)

[/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

6th Gym Leader: Moone 

[spoiler]

Name: Moone (because he's a sailor...)

Type: Water

Illustration: http://imgur.com/WGtrBUE.png

Description: This jolly single man knows the meaning of life. He doesn't have a lot, but he has what makes him happy. He claims to be married to the sea.

He thinks sunsets are overrated. The moonlit sky's reflection on the ocean is much more beautiful because, it's like having the sky below your feet. He's a romantic guy, but perhaps he's single because women prefer sunsets.

Despite not having a wife or kids, he likes to make the typical "dad jokes" and bad puns.

Motto: "Look for the bare necessities. It's all you need to be happy. I don't have a wife or kids or a lot of money. But I've got my pokemon, and I've got the sea. If ten things make me happy, I'm willing to sacrifice nine of them for the one that makes me happiest, without hesitation. Even if you can't have everything you want, as long as you have the one thing you want the most, you can be happy."

Team: Starmie, Poliwrath, Wailmer, Tentacruel 

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

San Cannel:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] San Cannel is a coastal, provencial town just east of Mousseille. It is inspired by both Saint-Tropez, which is now a resort in which famous people live, and Cannes, which is famous for its film festival, much like Clermont-Ferrand. Cannes and San Tropez are around the same area in real life.

Cannelle also means cinnamon.

There is also a port here, which will take you to either Mousseille or Corsante Island, but you can also simply walk or swim.

In San Cannel, you'll be able to meet some PR video stars, some sports stars, other rich people in fancy hotels, and unlock more backgrounds, effects, tracks, and various bonuses for your PR video making. You can get your PR video showcased here in front of a large audience if it did well in Galland and win some neat prizes. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-Pokemon Center / Market

-San Cannel Port

-PR Video Festival

-Celebrity Hotel (You can stay here after you beat the elite 4)

-Café Equality, where famous people can hang out and mingle with regulars and chat without it being weird to see them out in public.

-Restaurant le fancy

-A tropical-styled beach.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Corsante Island:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] This place is based off Corsica (albeit downscaled), a rather large island below France (but that still belongs to it), mixed with the most relevant dessert, île flottante (floating island).

Stereotypically, the people in Corsica are rather macho, so it'll be the same in Corsante Island. They also aren't very open to strangers. They'd rather be independant and preserve their culture. And so, this island will be populated with half-naked martial arts men, who make semi-serious jokes about being arrogant, and about being superior to women. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-7th Gym (Fight)

-Pokemon center / Market

-Corsante Island Port

-Residential houses

-Sir Angler's home, record holder of largest magikarp caught

-Residential houses

[/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

7th Gym Leader: Bruce

[spoiler]

Name: Bruce (because Chuck already exists)

Type: Fight

Illustration: http://imgur.com/EPL3VsP.png (excuse the cellphone pic but scanner dun goof'd)

Description: This young man's had a rough childhood, growing up surrounded by local bullies. People tried to bring him down all the time, bash on his hopes and plans for the future, but he never gave up. He was smart. But he was weak. So, he trained. He learned how to stand up to bullies, stand up to people who try to force their selfish authority onto him, and stand up for people who need it, because he knows what it's like to have no one there.

Motto: "If I were given the choice between receiving wisdom, power, or courage, I'd choose courage. People are already smart and strong. And if not, you can learn, or you can train. People can plan how to do anything, and have the means to do so. So, what holds them back? Guts. They don't have the guts to go for it. You, don't fall into that trap. You can do it and you know how. Just trust in yourself; and do it."

Team: Hitmonlee, Throh, Sawk, Mienshao

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Grelee:

[spoiler]

Description:

[spoiler] This icy cold town is just at the foot of the mountains, and it is the last town before the league.

Grelee is a not-so-correct form of the word "hail" in french. It is based off Grenoble, as well as the dessert, Crème brûlée (burnt cream), which is ironic for a cold town.

Even though it is a large crossroad, it remains a small village because of the harsh climates, and not everyone's willing to put up with those living conditions. The layout of the town is on many different altitudes, with cable cars pulling you up and down the different areas of town. The people that live there are mostly people who've grown up there and never wanted to leave their family, and who will continue to raise their families there. The people of Grelee are the most knowledgeable about the region's myths and legends, because they at least took the time to read the books before throwing them in the fire for heat. [/spoiler]

Contents:

[spoiler]

-8th Gym (Dragon)

-Pokemon Center / Market

-Foster home for children and pokemon

-Library

-Cable Cars

-Residential houses

[/spoiler]

Characters:

[spoiler]

8th Gym Leader: Jeanne

[spoiler]

Name: Jeanne (because she's secretely a reference to Joan of Arc)

Type: Dragon

Illustration: http://imgur.com/zjaL2n2.png

Description: Jeanne's grown up in harsh surroundings. Not just the climate, but people too. When people struggle for survival, they sometimes put aside morality for their own good. She's witnessed people do bad things, such as fight and steal, and so she thinks people are fundamentally bad, without the binding of laws. They are selfish and have not much consideration for others. They are quick to judge if it's convenient for them, and her current situation isn't helping either. And so, she is afraid of other people, and she trains to be the strongest in order to protect herself and her family.

She also has a bit of a crush on you.

Motto: I've always strived to be the strongest. I need strength, to protect myself and my loved ones. I can't remember the last time I've lost. I dislike losing, because it means that there's someone that I can't protect them from. But, this was different. You fought me in good spirit. This was rather thrilling, because I know you mean no harm. So, it seems you're stronger than me. In that case... you can come protect me when needed, right?

Team: Dragonair, Salamence, Garchomp, Hydreigon

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Victory Road:

[spoiler]

Nearing the end of the itinerary, Victory road is the cave that leads from ice-cold to even colder Mount White. Here, the classic ice-cave and endgame cave are one and the same. Here are the highest level pokemon, and there is a dominance of ice-types rather than the usual onix, graveler and machoke.

This is also the resting place of Kyurem, who doesn't have a role in the story, but whom you can encounter with the right conditions.

Pokemon:

Cryogonal

Seel

Spheal

Snorunt

Jinx

Bergmite

Beartic

Swinub

Delibird

Lapras

[/spoiler]

Routes 35-42: No time to finish. but I mean, they're routes, can't be too difficult to imagine.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Remaining Characters:

[spoiler]

Villains:

[spoiler]

The third generation of pokemon was the only one to have two version-exclusive villain teams.

Well, we're going to change that.

Each of these teams search for the meaning of life. They easily agree on the fact that it is to become happy. So, they search for "happiness", and have different philosophies concerning it, and go about achieving it in different, conflicting, and probably wrong ways.

Team Anarchy:

[spoiler]

"How do you become happy?" The answer is to do what you want, of course. Find what makes you happy, and do it. If there were no rules and laws to prevent you from doing so, you could do what makes you happy without a second thought.

Ultimately, team Anarchy wants to abolish the entire law system so that people can have absolute freedom and be truly happy.

The problem here is that, people will abuse the abscence of laws. It will become the rule of the strongest. If everyone does what they want, the stronger ones will prevent the others from doing what they want.

What if we had a world without laws, but in which everyone could still get along?

This is why Team Anarchy seeks the legendary pokemon, Zekrom. Born from the desire for ideals, it could have the power to change the world and turn it into a utopia.

Also, their hideout is below the Zekrom statue in Ecloges.

Admin Hobbes:

[spoiler]

Codename: Hobbes (Thomas Hobbes was a philosopher who thought that in the "state of nature" before laws were created, humans were fundamentally evil and selfish. It was a state of war and survival. Anarchy Admin Hobbes wants to bring back that state of nature.)

Trainer class: Anarchy Admin

Description: Hobbes is a former resident of Grelee, who left after having been victim of a burglary, in which he lost most of his belongings, as well as having his wife hospitalized in a coma. She had been home alone that day. The burglar broke in thinking nobody was home, and panicked at the sight of Hobbes' wife, and attacked her with his pokemon. Since there was no identifying evidence and the only witness is in a coma, the culprit got away.

This frustrates Hobbes a lot, as he is a strong man, who believes he could set the "rule of the strongest" in a survival situation, where there are no laws to protect you. He is bound by laws, yet he lost everything he had because the law didn't protect his wife that time. Why should he obey the law if others will ignore it? Might as well just get rid of the law, and "eat or be eaten". And he is the type to eat.

[/spoiler]

Admin Schopenhauer:

[spoiler]

Codename: Schopenhauer (Arthur Schopenhauer was a philosopher who believed that man is not made for happiness. Because, you get a craving, work hard to fulfill it, only to get another craving soon after, and never really reach true happiness.)

Trainer class: Anarchy Admin

Description: Schopenhauer is a fugitive. He's got a bit of a criminal record in thieving. He'd been on the run from the law for a while, until he found his new home at Team Anarchy, who already pretend that the law is gone. So he decides to help them eradicate the law so that his criminal record may be wiped.

He's kind of a depressing person. He isn't in the team to help people get their happiness through freedom, he's there just to keep himself safe. He's very selfish and materialistic.

Admin Hobbes intimidates him a lot. Hobbes thinks Schopenhauer is just shy and funny to look at, so he's taken a liking to him. Little does he know, Schopenhauer is the one who attacked his wife and stole his things. Schopenhauer knows that if team anarchy succeeds, he will be free from his criminal record. But Hobbes will be after him once he finds out. And he doesn't know which is worse.

[/spoiler]

Admin Rousseau:

[spoiler]

Codename: Rousseau (Rousseau was a philosopher who criticized Hobbes a lot for his views on the state of nature. He thinks that humans in the state of nature were fundamentally good people, because they didn't have corrupted morals yet.)

Trainer class: Anarchy Admin

Description: Rousseau is an optimist. He thinks that, even without the threat of laws and punishment, people aren't nomally selfish. Much like Admin Hobbes, he hopes to get rid of law to return to the "state of nature". He thinks men were meant to live unbound by laws to begin with, but that somewhere along the way, something went wrong when the first person to claim "this land here is mine" appeared, and other people were foolish enough to believe him. With Zekrom's power, Team Anarchy may be able to "reset" the now corrupted mindset to how it originally was, so that people can live peacefully and freely without interfering with each other. A complete new start for humanity; just maybe monitored to make sure the same mistakes don't happen.

[/spoiler]

Leader Kant:

[spoiler]

Codename: Kant (Emmanuel Kant was a philosopher who basically said among other things, that you're never really acting out of pure free innocent will. You always act under pressure of something, or for another motive. Even helping someone out is just so that you can feel good about yourself, rather than for the sake of that person.)

Trainer Class: Anarchy Leader

Description: Kant thinks that humans should be completely free, which isn't the case. They are bound by laws. Your actions aren't free if you're doing it because you fear punishment. They're not what you really want to do. You are only free if you act morally, because you feel like it, and not influenced by any things such as pressure, threats or guilt.

This is why, to achieve true freedom, she wants to get rid of all laws and bad social values like discrimination, harrassment, other types of judgement, so people don't have to fear being different and can act like they want, rather than how others want. But for this, humans need to be changed. Just abolishing laws won't be enough, as people will still be the same people. Humanity is beyond hope, but she's willing to give it a second chance. With Zekrom's power, she could reform humans into a decent species that isn't blinded by modern social values and "trying to fit in", and that can just focus on being free and happy. Of course, this implies the erasure of everyone's memories, or even of all human life to be started anew. But she's willing to go through it herself, as she's just another one of these corrupted humans. [/spoiler]

Team Anarchy's uniform (art kindly provided by my girlfriend because time restrictions).

986814_678333198882435_533202335_n.jpg?o

[/spoiler]

Team Democracy:

[spoiler]

"How do you become happy?" Again, the answer is to do what you want. But your desires will conflict with others'. And so, for everyone to be happy this way, everyone has to want the same thing. Which is tedious. The most fair way to go about it, is the majority rule. Whichever decision makes more people happy, should go through.

The problem here is that it's pretty sad to only cater to the wishes of the majority. Also, if you can't prove that you're right to the majority, you'll end up as the minority, and people will ignore your wishes to carry out what they think is best, and they will become happy, and you won't. Making only half of the people happy just isn't enough.

This is why Team Democracy seeks the legendary pokemon, Reshiram. Born from the desire for truth, it probably holds all the answers that man could ask for. It will lead the path to reason. And with it, Team democracy can show who's right, and get everyone to agree with the real, uncontestable truth. And so; the whole world can unite as one, work as one, decide as one, and be happy as one.

Also, their hideout is below the Reshiram Statue in Galland.

Admin Pascale:

[spoiler]

Codename: Pascale (Blaise Pascal is the philosopher and mathematician who said "The heart has its reasons, of which reason knows nothing". Which is saying "Love makes you blind". He also said that not everything can be proven to be true; as logic is the process of deducing something based on something we already know. But that element itself needs to be proven true by another to back it up. And so, the first proposition has nothing to back it up; it is only assumed to be true. If that first proposition happens to be false, life as we know it is a lie.)

Trainer class: Democracy Admin

Description: Admin Pascale doesn't believe that everything can be proven. Sometimes, you just don't have the evidence. Look at religion. Look at politics. If they could be proven, everyone would already agree on what to believe. She is convinced that Team Democracy's goals are the right thing to do; but she can't prove it. When she finds herself in a sutiation where she can't prove that she is right, she'll use a method that she believes to be stronger than logic.

It is sex appeal.

Everyone knows that when in love, sometimes you neglect to think. You will do unreasonable things for love.

With a strong sense of logic, and just a little bit of sex appeal when logic can't help her further, she usually gets what she wants.

[/spoiler]

Admin Descartes:

[spoiler]

Codename: Descartes (René Descartes is the philosopher and mathematician who said "I think therefore I am".)

Trainer class: Democracy Admin

Description: Descartes only trusts irrefutable logic. He is convinced that everything can be proven, unlike Admin Pascale. He says, "Every theory is false, unless proven to be true." He thinks that logic is the ultimate tool to get people to agree with your point of view. If you believe something, it's for a reason. If you know you're right in an argument, you can always find a way to defend your point of view.

Descartes currently thinks that Team Democracy's methods are the only way to go about making as many people as possible happy.

The argument seems solid, after all; Team Democracy will reveal the real truth thanks to reshiram, and everyone will follow that truth, and nobody will object it if it isn't questionable.

Even though he's a master of logic and can't lose an argument, he still loses to Pascale in a debate, because of her superior weapon that is her beauty. He's secretely head over heels for her, and because he wants to stay with her, he neglects to imagine the possibility in which Team Democracy's goals are wrong, as he will realize later when defeated.

[/spoiler]

Admin Spinoza:

[spoiler]

Name: Spinoza (Baruch Spinoza was a philosopher who thought that your own natural rights are equivalent to your own power. You can get anything that you want, as long as you can. And society helps you with that.)

Trainer Class: Democracy Admin

Description: Admin Spinoza believes that society is necessary for the well-being of humans. Humans will feel stronger and more confident when surrounded by people who are alike. People don't like being different. That is why, if everyone were the same, we'd be as happy as possible. If everyone worked together, all our tasks would be divided between the entire population as well, and our efforts would be optimized. Admn Spinoza wants to help Team Democracy gather such a strong bond between all the people.

People find comfort in being similar, yet others will want to preserve their individuality. But that is equally possible. Being different is still up to you in the end. Reshiram will just show the optimal path; and you are free to stray from it if it is what you wish.

[/spoiler]

Leader Machiavel:

[spoiler]

Codename: Machiavel (Nicolas Machiavel was the kinda cynical philosophy guy who said "the end justifies the means").

Trainer Class: Democracy Leader

Description: Machiavel believes that you are in charge of your own destiny. Luck may influence a lot of things in your life, but the rest is entirely up to you. Don't like something? Change it. You can do it yourself. And well, he's not very content with the current system. He's the mastermind behind the plan to reveal "the truth", to get all the people under his wing, and rule over them with the guidance of Reshiram, in a way that will make everyone happy.

To him, an efficient ruler who wants respect and authority should be both loved and feared by his people. But these two elements are kind of contradictory. And so, he finds it safer to be feared rather than loved. "The end justifies the means", he says. So he's willing to do no matter what to get to his end goal. Since everyone will end up happy anyway, it's completely fine to go through an evil process. He doesn't need to be understood or loved yet. Only the ending result that counts. He will be feared by the people for now, and loved later when he brings them the solution to their problems. [/spoiler]

Again, art kindly provided by my lady friend. I was going to do it, but I figured I'd rather post her design than none at all.

10423560_678333195549102_622746831_n.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Elite Four:

[spoiler]

The Nomos Pokemon League is situated on Mount White (conveniently named after a dessert like every other place, as well as the actual mountain in the actual alps).

There are gathered the strongest pokemon trainers from the area. Anyone who defeats the elite four can take over a spot. And so, all the members are ex-champions of the Nomos League.

Alice (Fairy):

[spoiler]

Name: Alice

Trainer Class: Elite Four

Type: Fairy

Description: This young talented girl is a fan of dreamy and cute things. She's originally from Unova, but she crossed the sea without much hesitation when she heard that regions abroad were flocking with this "Fairy type" that she had seen so little of. She has not the slightest clue of what pokemon are naturally strong or what kind of strategies to use, she uses her favorites, whatever she happens to find adorable. But even so, with the way she raises them, they've grown to be very strong, and she climbed up all the way to be a member of the Elite Four.

Motto: "Learn to appreciate the little things in life. Don't let yourself get distracted by the negativity. If you take things for granted, you won't notice how happy you were until they're gone. And so, I am happy just with the thought of getting to play with my friends like this."

Team: Sylveon, Gardevoir, Florges, Mawile, Klefki

[/spoiler]

Jack (Electric):

[spoiler]

Name: Jack

Description: "Jack of all trades, master of none". This man has many various hobbies and strives to be master of all. He is here just because he wanted to prove that he could be good at pokemon battling. He's pretty much reached his goal concerning battling, he'll just be here until new members arrive. His newer focus is to become a rockstar, and after that possibly president of a renowned company.

Motto: "Practice makes perfect! Some people may have a headstart over others and find things easier. But, if you really want to, as long as you keep trying, you'll make progress, and there is no limit to the progress you can make. That's why I think I can be good at everything; because I'll never stop."

Team: Jolteon, Magnezone, Raichu, Electivire, Manectric.

[/spoiler]

Jayce (Ice):

[spoiler]

Name: Jayce

Description: Jayce is kind of a cold kid at the core. He is very lucid, and he figured out how to control his own emotions. He understands his feelings, his subconscious, and can choose not to feel emotions that he doesn't want to. He no longer needs fear, hatred, sadness, anger. He still appreciates the good things, but he's rather reserved and seems to be antisocial. Devoid of real emotion, like a robot.

But, calling him a robot is a false statement. There is one thing that makes him human, and he noticed it too.

He thought he had complete control over his emotions, until he fell in love, and he has no clue why that happened, or what he can do about it. But seeing his beloved happy brings him more joy than anything else ever has, and so he's willing to give up anything to bring her said happiness. He's only a trainer since recently and the newest elite four member other than the champion, but he trained very hard and fast to be with the girl he fell in love with at first sight. He finally made it up to the Nomos League so he can causally hang out with Alice every day.

Motto: "There's no such thing as wasting time if it's something that makes you happy. If you're trying to get work done, but get distracted by something that makes you happier, maybe that thing is what you should be pursuing instead."

Team: Glaceon, Froslass, Glalie, Vanilluxe, Avalugg

[/spoiler]

Malva (Fire):

[spoiler]

Name: Malva

Description: Yes, that's right. Malva from the Kalos Elite Four, ex-member of Team Flare, and Kalos News announcer. Since recycling existing members is allowed, why not make use of the feature? :P They're neighboring regions after all.

Basically, Malva is originally from Nomos, and she's the oldest member of the Elite Four. She was champion long ago. She's just a member until a full new 5 champions appear and take over. She went to Kalos for personal reasons and took on the elite four on that side and won as well, so she is simply in both leagues.

The choice of adding Malva is that she is just a general plot-twist character who always has more to let you discover. The feeling of "what, her again?"

Also, since Looker lives nearby, this can explain their past and open up new opportunities of conflicts. Also, I needed a fire type to complete the fire/ice/lightning trio.

Team: Flareon, Pyroar, Torkoal, Chandelure, Talonflame.

[/spoiler]

Sir Dark (Champion):

[spoiler]

Name: ???

Description: He is Jeanne's older brother. You will have already encountered him previously in the game, but, I hadn't the time to write it out.

He's kind of a little bit depressed guy, who was looking for the answer of "how to be happy". Since he grew up in Grelee with his sister, he has the same morbid past, and has lost most faith in humanity. He visited the villain teams but he wasn't satisfied with their answers at all. He realized that their philosophies are a sad and pessimistic way to see humans. He didn't want to acknowledge that all humans are a lost cause. He thinks of himself as a nice guy, as well as his sister. So he knows there are good humans out there; That is why he turned against them and helped you take them down.

He is called Sir Dark because he dresses in black, long coats and things, because of his personality, and his preference for dark-type pokemon. But mostly, because that happens to be his actual last name.

Team: Umbreon, Gliscor, Luxray, Dusknoir, Tyranitar, Shiny Charizard.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The Scrapbox:

[spoiler]

This section is for all the ideas that I didn't have time to finish explaining, or even begin explaining, or didn't finish imagining, or alternative ideas that I've had. Stuff that you can imagine on your own and expand upon and see more or less what I might have had planned.

-In the caves, you can get fossils, and they will of course be the Dome Fossil and Helix Fossil.

-Anarchy Leader Kant has a Kabutops, and Democracy Leader Machiavel has an Omanyte. The rest of their teams are whatever were the gen 5 version-exclusives.

-Either you take down both teams, or the main team is version-dependant, much like ruby and sapphire.

-Jeanne is based off Joan of Arc. Much like N from Unova, she can hear pokemon's voices and understand them. And so, team Democracy is after her so she can translate Reshiram's "truth".

But, I didn't know what role she'd have in the other version with team Anarchy.

-Jeanne is falsely accused of something that the villain teams did because of this power, and a trial is held in Lyrepolis. That is the first time you encounter her, and it's revealed only later that she is the 8th gym leader. You meet her brother at the same time, who is also later revealed to be the champion.

-Everytime you beat an admin, Looker shows up and arrests him.

-The swords of Justice show up and help you out.

If you get Keldeo through a download event or something and place him in the first party slot, you can challenge Kyurem in Victory Road. If you bring him there after along with Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion, they will teach him the move Secret Sword.

-Keldeo appears in Aviron rather than through download and has a role in the story. And is somehow related to the blowing up of the bridge.

-Team Anarchy blows up the bridge because someone didn't understand their ideals and thinks they're trying to bring complete chaos.

-Team Democracy destroys the bridge because they want to be feared rulers.

-There is a reference to MISC in every gym.

-All the macho inhabitants of Corsante island are members of MISC.

-There are new trainer classes such as "Retro guy /girl (hipster)", "Interpol Agent", "Street Merchant", "Bodybuilder misc" etc

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Forgot to ask, is it alright if we don't include any fairy type Pokemon? I really dislike them, but Im wondering if it will count against me or if you will gain points if you have each type of Pokemon and Pokemon from different generations/regions?

Forgot to ask, is it alright if we don't include any fairy type Pokemon? I really dislike them, but Im wondering if it will count against me or if you will gain points if you have each type of Pokemon and Pokemon from different generations/regions?

Yes you are definitely allowed to include them should you want to. If you don't want them then you don't have to have them. 

Yes you are definitely allowed to include them should you want to. If you don't want them then you don't have to have them.

Well I want my region to have lots of cool and unique Pokemon, so I guess Ill try to fit in some fairies there and there

Me hopes you are all proud of the five and a half minutes it took to make it <3.

EDITS here:

[spoiler]

Because something frightening happened to the spoilers and I don't want to mess with them, I will put all my edit remarks up here.

EDIT: Hm.. I think the nordic Sweden/Norway area on the map is a bit uneeded, and it makes it seem a bit to obvious that its Europe. I'm thinking about removing it.

EDIT: oh look, I added Crimea!

EDIT: oh good grief, I made a lot of spelling errors

Fixed

Fixed layout a bit.

EDIT: AARG! Why does the spoilers hate me so much!?!?!!
Fixed-I was being silly.

As a gift for checking out my beautiful EDITS section...

[spoiler]

Made it using a [url=http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1801391/]Scratch Thingy[/url], you can use it too, if you want <3 It is supposed to be the area right outside of Lampton

bKtwCnp.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Prepare for spoiler-seption ahead!

[spoiler]

MAP

[spoiler]

LQxr036.png

[/spoiler]

The Region name is Calieu.

For those of you who have not yet figured out what it is in the three seconds it took to see it, yes, I did just fuse Europe and the United states together to form a whole new monstrosity.

You start out at the bottom left of the map in a small village called Lampton, then make your way around the map clock-wise.

Lore:
[spoiler]

The Lore of Calieu begins with a constellation.

You see, after slightly attempting to destroy all of Humanity, Arceus felt pity on Humanity, and resolved that he need not destroy them, as they will eventually destroy themselves.

So he came down, and told a select Few individuals that he deemed worthy to leave the old regions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and even the northern region of Sinnoh. He found around 5 thousand people worthy of being sent off, and he told them to follow his own Constellation every night as it rises from the seas. As they did, the pace was relatively slow, for they could only move east, the direction of the rising constellations for half a night, as long as it was in-front of them to the east. Then they would stop.

It took them ten days and ten nights to leave the Vermilion City bay, where they began their journey.

In the months that followed, many starved, and the peoples from Kanto and Johto began to blame each other for the poor fate. They began to fight. The peoples from Hoenn decided to separate the ships by their respective regions, as to minimize infighting, they had already partially done this, as they had their own ship that left for Kanto (which was still visible in the distance). And as the months and years wore on, and as they starved more and more, they wondered if Arceus hadn't sent them on this journey to save them, but to punish them. A year passed. Then another. And gradually the Fleet began to wither away. But as it withered, only the strongest and most fit managed to survive. More than half the fleet had been rendered inert by year five. Whether it be by storm or food shortage or mutiny. Eventually, the Sinnoh fleet took it into their own hands. And instead of moving East for half a night, then sitting there, being pushed twice as far west for the rest of night and day, they decided to move East the entire time, for they knew that their destination lay in the East, did they not? And so, the Sinnoh fleet left Kanto and Johto and Hoenn behind to their own devices, and was soon gone. Eventually, the Kanto and Johto fleet starved or sunk, which happened was never known, but they never arrived at their destination, or any for that matter. The Hoenn fleet eventually decided to leave their dying friends behind and travel back. However, their ship was tossed around in a deadly storm, perhaps Arceus's anger, and found themselves washed upon an alien shore.
They named this shore Kalos.

The Sinnoh fleet, however, quickly made their way to their destination. They landed on a shore that seemed very much like home. So they named it Calieu, in memory of their King. At first they thought this was an island, and although many did land on various islands surrounding the mainland, they discovered that the mainland never did have an end to it.

Their first civilization was called Conston.

The peoples of Sinnoh found the land lacking in any native Pokemon.
At first they were pleased, the pokemon that had caused them troubles in the past where no where to be seen.
But eventually they missed having pokemon wander about in the land, so they went to the pokemon in their ships, pokemon from the regions of Sinnoh, Kalos, Johto, and Hoenn, all of them. And set them free.

Eventually, as the civilization grew in Conston, they decided to expand. There were giant mountains to the west, the only route around them a cold and icy tundra, so they decided to explore west.

The explorers mapped out lands for cities and towns, and then towns and cities grew there.

Then they found a bizarre site. The explorers found something which was already built up.

A city, of some sorts, but no city was ever built there.
There were strange pokemon wandering about the city, pokemon which they had not introduced to the region. They were pokemon of the deceased. Dead pokemon. Ghost pokemon. Pokemon which had never been living.
They ventured further, and found an alter.

An alter that looked eerily familiar.

An alter to Arceus.

The explorers stepped forward, and Arceus awoke.

We was furious that the Sinnoh fleet had betrayed his command, and ventured to the new region both day and night.

So he cursed the explorers.
But not only the explorers, all of the Humans in the region.

He opened the doors to the dead and let the ghost pokemon plunder the lands.

He took the Humans.
He killed their King and painted the rest an orange color, so that their fault would be forever known.

Eventually, the rest of the world grew, and explorers came upon what they thought was an uninhabited land. They built cities there and turned it into a sprawling metropolis much like the other regions. Eventually they found ancient cities, and found the name of the region which they had stepped foot on.
The region was named Calieu.[/spoiler]

The following routes have the following pokemon (and a short description of each route)

[spoiler]

Route Alpha:

[spoiler]

Route Alpha is the first route the player goes on in their journey in Calieu.
As such, the pokemon are the easiest in the game and the first portion of the route, the player travels over a short rocky region that has the following pokemon of:
Geodude
Weedle
Clefairy
Diglett
Kabuto (rare)
Turning left and down the rocky slope and into a small coastal plain, the following pokemon will be found:
Caterpie
Sunflora
Oddish
Weedle
Clefairy
Exeggutor
Dunsparce
Continuing left there will be a beach. Surfing will be optional and there will be a bridge/land routes to connect to the next City. The following pokemon will be found:
Poliwag
Seel
Omanyte
Mewtwo(Jk)
Weeper
Marill
Tentacool
Tentacruel
[/spoiler]
Route Beta:
[spoiler]
After the Music-City of Angleton is passed, the Forests of Route Beta has many characteristics that have obvious influences from Angleton.
The Pokemon found here are:
Bulbasaur
Ivysaur
Beedrill
Pidgey
Venonat
Machop
Magikarp (water only obviously)
Sunflora
Scizor
Loudred
Exploud
Spoink
Jigglypuff
Meloetta
Milotic (rare, water obviously)
[/spoiler]
Route Gamma:
[spoiler]
After Route Beta and Florton comes Route Gamma, which includes a giant Bridge that connects Florton to the Northern cities. The pokemon found here are:
Spearow
Rattata
Clefairy
Clefable
Persian
Meowth
Psyduck
Drowzee
Hypno
Chikorita
Ledian
Lanturn
Bellossom
Hoppip
Natu
Skiploom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Tentacool
Wailord[/spoiler]
Route Epsilon:
[spoiler]
After the Ancient city of Roton is reached, the equally anchient route of Epsilon has the unsurprisingly ancient pokemon of:
Rattata
Raticate
Nidoran
Golbat
Venomoth
Arcanine
Machoke
Onix
Gyrados
Lapras
Omanyte
Omastar
Kabutops
Aerodactyl
Dratini
Dragonair
Noctowl (night)
Cleffa
Natu
Togepi
Xatu
Espeon
Umbreon
Unknown
Wobbuffet
Gligar
Delibird
Skarmory
Trapinch
Anorith
Armaldo
Regirock
Relicanth
Bonzor
Bronzong
Rotom (only found near Roton)[/spoiler]
Route Zeta:
[spoiler]
After Petsthan is passed, the frozen Route Zeta is reached. It is home to what was once the longest railroad, though constant snow storms have all but destroyed it. Snow pokemon are abundant here, and most lakes have frozen over and now serve as paths. In a suprisng irony, it is home to many Fire-type pokemon:
Charmeleon
Vulpix
Ponyta
Snorlax
Sneasel
Swinub
Piloswine
Delibird
Snorunt
Beartic
Sealeo
Florlass
Dewgong
Lapras
Snover
Abomasnow
Hitmonchan[/spoiler]
Route Theta:
[spoiler]
Route Theta is a coastal route, connectig the frozen route Zeta between the two cities of Vasinton and Pearton. It is home to many medium-to high level pokemon among the coastal plains. It is heavily influenced by Pearton's electric influence.
Pikachu
Raichu
Voltorb
Electode
Electabuzz
Elekid
Magnemite
Magneton
Rotom
Chinchou
Lanturn
Abra
Tangela
Snetret
Hoothoot
Igglybuff
Ledyba
Murkrow
Heracross
Porygon2[/spoiler]
Route Eta
[spoiler]
Route Eta is a long route along the central plains of Calieu, being home to the Pokemon Nursery as well as many grass-type pokemon. It is home to a large forest and farms.
Cacturne
Flygon
Cradilly
Tropius
Grotle
Wormadam
Nidoqueen
Nidoking
Gloom
Vileplume
Venonat
Weepinbell
Farfetche'd
Scyther
Pinsir
Spinarak
Ariados
Xatu
Sudowoodo
Yanma
Pineco
Forretress
Dunsparce
Teddiursa
Miltank
Blissey
Dustox
Stantler
Brelom[/spoiler]
Route Iota:
[spoiler]
Route Iota is an entirely oceanic route, going through the warm, shallow waters to Keyston city.
In it the following pokemon are found:
Wartortle
Zubat
Golduck
Poliwrath
Poliwhirl
Tentacool
Tentacruel
Shellder
Seadra
Staryu
Magikarp
Croconaw
Politoed
Remoraid
Octillery
Wailmer
Wailord
Feebas
Gorebyss
Luvdisc
Phione
Gyrados
Qwilfish
Wingull[/spoiler]
Route Kappa:
[spoiler]
Route Kappa is a primarly a desert. The following pokemon around found:
Raticate
Ekans
Arbok
Sandshrew
Sandslash
Machoke
Machamp
Graveler
Phanpy
Donphan
Mawile
Numel
Camerupt
Cacnea
Cacturne
Lunatone
Seviper[/spoiler]
Route lambda:
[spoiler]
Route lambda is one of the last routes in the game, it goes through a cave system to the starter town of Lampton, but can only be accessed once the Neserton gym is beat (You can't just go to it from Lampton from the get-go). It has the following pokemon:
Beldum
Geodude
Salamance
Elicanth
Dusclops
Claydol
Lunastone
Solrock
Aggron
Skitty
Mawile
Nosepass
Golem
Graveler
Chansey
Ditto
Eevee
Snorlax
Igglybuff
Umbreon
Unknown
Tyranitar[/spoiler]

Route Delta:

[spoiler]

Lastly, comes Route Delta. The last route Accessible in the game, only accessible once all the Gyms are beat.
It is home to Lanton, which is the gateway to the Elite Four.
The following pokemon are found on the entirely water route of Route Delta:
Blastoise
Wailord
Corphish
Gyrados
Empoleon
Torterra
Infernape[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Gyms!
[spoiler]
Normal Gym: The normal Gym is located in Angleton, with Jessica Ordinaire as the Gym leader.
Grass Gym: The grass Gym is located in Florton. With Vie Texton as the Gym leader.
Ghost Gym: The ghost Gym is located in Roton. Lan Lexiorn is the Gym leader.
Fire Gym: The fire Gym is located in Petsthan. The gym leader is Pier Agua.
Ice Gym: The ice Gym is located in the abandoned city of Vasington. A hyper-intelligent Abomasnow is the gym leader.
Water Gym: The water Gym is located in Aston. The Gym leader is Lan Feu.
Electric Gym: The electric Gym is located in Pearton.  The Gym leader is Olaf Roger.
Rock Gym: The rock Gym is located in Neserton. It is the most difficult gym with the highest-level pokemon. The Gym leader is Abby Yami[/spoiler]

Evil people plot!
[spoiler]
The Evil people are Team Orange.
They are stationed in Conston, and may have lead to the demise of Vasington. They worship Ghost pokemon and it is suspicion that many of the members are themselves possessed by ghost pokemon. (egotistical much?)
Their leader also happens to be a ghost of someone murdered by a pokemon (A ghost pokemon, no less!), so their goal is to turn all other pokemon to ghost pokemon (Kill 'em).
They are known to hide out in cold places and burial grounds.
It is rumored they can raise their dead comrades from the ground.[/spoiler]

A short description of each town (in no particular order):
[spoiler]
Vasington:
[spoiler]
A city made in Roman-style architecture.
It was overrun by Abomasnow from Route Zeta and now lays partially abandoned, except for the New Ice-Gym that now inhabits the center of the city.[/spoiler]
Keyston:
[spoiler]
A small city, not even having a Gym or supermarket. The most pronounced feature of Keyston is the marsh that it connects to, with an abundant of unusual and dangerous pokemon.[/spoiler]
Lanton:
[spoiler]
The last city the player visits. It is the gateway to the Elite Four, and is only accessible once all 8 gyms are beaten. The Elite four is located on the surrounding Islands, with the first one being on the one Lanton itself is located on.[/spoiler]
Lampton:
[spoiler]
The first city the player visits. It has the the coast to the left and a few small buildings, along with a pokemon center and a pokemon research center. It has no Gym.[/spoiler]
Angleton:
[spoiler]
The second city the player visits, it is an exiting city that is always buzzing with energy. It has many high skyscrapers. It has a normal-type gym.[/spoiler]
Florton:
[spoiler]
The third city the player visits. It is a flower-filled city and is home to the largest bridge on Calieu, which connects it to the Northern cities. It has a grass-type gym.[/spoiler]
Roton:
[spoiler]
The fourth city the player visits and is among the oldest cities in the entire region. The people there worship Rotom and other ghost-type pokemon. It has a ghost-type gym (though it is closed until the Neserton gym is beaten, as the Gym leader in Roton is mentoring the Gym leader is Neserton).[/spoiler]
Deuton:
[spoiler]
A small coastal village. It has no gym[/spoiler]
Petsthan:
[spoiler]
a giant industrial metropolis. It has many fire-type pokemon wandering about and likewise has a fire-type gym. The people of Petsthan admire fire-type pokemon as they saved the city many times when the all-encompassing winter threatened to snuff out the city many times.[/spoiler]
Conston:
[spoiler]
Conston is another ancient city, much like Roton.
Though in recent years, it has fallen into disarray and has no gym. It has a museum, though, and is home to many previously-thought extinct pokemon and much of the city is currently being excavated.[/spoiler]
Pearton:
[spoiler]
Pearton is the most populous city on the entire region, home to many skyscrapers and many large corperations.
It used to connect to Petsthan by railway, though the railway has fallen to disaray as winter pushed its way southward, and Pearton is largely isolated from the other cities, the only other near-by city of Vasington being abandoned. It has an Electric-type gym.[/spoiler]
Aston:
[spoiler]
A coastal city that is heavily trafficked as a crossroads from the western cities of Lampton, Angleton, Florton, the northern cities of Petsthan, Conston, Deuton, and Roton, and the eastern cities of Pearton and Vasington to the popular tourist destination of the small village of Keyston.
It is world renowned for its good food, and has a water-type gym. (though many people in the city use poison/bug type pokemon)[/spoiler]
Neserton:
[spoiler]
A desert-village. near a collapsed cave-entrance that used to lead to Lampton. It has a rock-type gym.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]
why
[/spoiler]
isn't
[/spoiler]
this
[/spoiler]
working?
[/spoiler]