Design Your Own Region [ April 18th-May 28th]

Finally finished my map. I turned my mouse sensitivity down so it doesn't look like I have Parkinson's. It's based off of Central/Eastern Canada

N4zmdWa.jpg

Nice :D
But you have to have a minimum of ten towns and twenty routes.
I see eight towns and about 15 routes.

My entry (In progress):

The region is named Serto [S-air-toe]. It is based off of southwest Quebec, Canada, and the Pokémon League is based off of Charlton Island. Compared to Quebec on an actual map, I rotated it 90 degrees so I could have it on the same land mass as Kanto and Johto.

Serto with legend:

[spoiler]HDUNRmY.png[/spoiler]

Serto's map in correlation to Kanto/Johto:

[spoiler]tEWNBdT.png[/spoiler]

Well I mean I decided to do the map first just to get a baseline of where everything should go so it makes it a bit easier to plan stuff out later

Same here, although I try to think of the evil team's plot before I get too far so I can plan out dungeons and routes accordingly

Ye

Well I finished my map, and I guess I'll use it as my entry post (Still in progress). The region is based off of southwest Quebec, Canada, and the Pokémon League is based off of Charlton Island. Compared to Quebec on an actual map, I rotated it 90 degrees so I could have it on the same land mass as Kanto and Johto.

Map with legend:

[spoiler]HDUNRmY.png[/spoiler]

Map in correlation to Kanto/Johto:

[spoiler]tEWNBdT.png[/spoiler]

Nice you did Diamond/Pearl Maps. I'm still working on mine, but can you give me some tips on how to add the Town Indicators onto the map correctly?

See how weird my indicators are coming out?

358q6ox.jpg

Dayum, Smash's map looks pro (as well as Yoshi and Dope's map), since everyone is posting their I guess I'll post mine

Warning huge pic:
[spoiler]q1zRePM.png[/spoiler]

Ye

Nice you did Diamond/Pearl Maps. I'm still working on mine, but can you give me some tips on how to add the Town Indicators onto the map correctly?

pls, smash, tips pl0x

Ye

See how weird my indicators are coming out?

Not smash, though I think It'd be easier to use a software other than MS Paint, if you're going to copy-paste the indicators. I think GIMP is pretty good because you can add layers, etc. Its pretty much like Photoshop but free. Otherwise, just use the preset shapes that Paint has and draw your own indicators, if they aren't turning out great.

You can, so long as it looks different enough from already existing Pokedex's. Exactly the same? While it should be based off of one of our real world locations, it shouldn't be a carbon copy. For example it shouldn't be the same shape as the country, and the towns shouldn't all be ones from the country. So while setting, and theme can be similar, you do need to incorporate originality to the design of it.

The other regions have all been the same general shape as their real-life locations. Did you just mean that it should not be the exact same shape as the country?

Not smash, though I think It'd be easier to use a software other than MS Paint, if you're going to copy-paste the indicators. I think GIMP is pretty good because you can add layers, etc. Its pretty much like Photoshop but free. Otherwise, just use the preset shapes that Paint has and draw your own indicators, if they aren't turning out great.

I would rather do what Im doing with the indicators, rather than making shapes as the indicators. I just want it to look pro like Smash's. This won't be my actual map, I still want to make the best one. I can and use it. All that's hitting me are the routes and town indicators. I dont know about GIMP, but Ill try it.
EDIT: Ugh, Im going to switch back over to the Paragraphs and Descriptions. Until then, Good luck with all your guys' maps.