Design Your Own Region [ April 18th-May 28th]

HJ3qzgv.png?1

Dates and Times: April 18th, 7PM EDT - May 28th 11:59PM EDT

Prize

1st Place: 228.gif

2nd Place: 1000 reward points

The reason for the choice of shiny is because this is a big project that will require a great deal of effort to create. It's going to take a lot of work and critical thinking to construct, orchestrate, and execute a winning entry.

Explanation:  I've always loved creating stories, and fictional worlds, going into great detail in design, functionality, and mechanics. I decided to make this contest to reach out to other creative individuals who might also enjoy this sort of challenge in this medium. 

For this contest, you will be given the grand challenge of creating a Pokemon region! Have you ever had a great idea of the next Pokemon land you'd like to explore, or thought it'd be cool to include new or old elements into one place? well now's your chance! Feel free to really go above and beyond for this, and provide as much detail as you can to really paint a picture of your creation. The more detail, the better. This is a big project, so good luck to all entrants!

Rules: 

• Only one entry per Forum Account. You are free to update/edit your post until the contests ends.

• Entries can only be submitted during the contest, not before or after. 

• You have to provide an in game name.

• Your entry must be original in design, but can have basic stock elements from Pokemon such as the Nurse Joy sisters, Pokemon Centers/Marts, trainers, Pokemon Battle Towers/subways/domes, Pokemon Contests, etc. If you're uncertain about including something, please feel free to post here to make sure it's allowed.  

• As a side note, please know that this is in no way related to the custom region at all. It's simply a creative challenge.

• One sentence answers for the requirements will not impress, or earn you many points with the judges. Really make sure you give thorough explanations. At least a minimum of five sentences per explanation. 

• Be sure to put your entry in spoilers, so as not to stretch the page.

• Also make sure you're not breaking any of the basic PokeMMO rules: Here

Requirements: 

• Your IGN { in game name. }

• A name for the region, along with its meaning and an explanation for why it was chosen.

• A map of the region. This just has to be readable so that we can identify what ever is on it. { Routes, towns, landmarks, etc. } If we can't it will not be counted. So while it doesn't have to be a masterpiece, please do make it easy to identify.

• Please make sure the region has a similar theme that it goes by, related to our world. For example, Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn are based on parts of Japan. Kalos is based on France, and Unova has some sprinklings of themes from the USA.

• 8 Gyms and gym leaders. No using already existing gym leaders or gyms. You'll also need to provide a description of each one: Names, physical description, age, Pokemon type of choice, their badge and its design, etc.

• 4 Elite Four members, and a champion. Each of the Elite Four members need to specialize in a specific typing, which can be one from already created Elite Four members, as well as a team. The champion is free to have a team of various types. You'll also need to provide a description of each one: Names, physical description, age, Pokemon type of choice, etc.

• An original Professor with: a name, physical description, age, and what area of Pokemon study they specify in. 

• A Pokedex with a new design. Please try to keep it from being close in similarity to other already existing Pokedex's. While they can share traits, having a carbon copy shape with just a few buttons moved around will not do.

• minimum of at least 10 towns. You must provide: a name for each, description for each, as well as what's in them. {ex; poke center/mart, gym, market, hotel, battle dome, Pokemon contest, etc. }

• minimum of at least 20 routes. Be sure to include landmarks, or important points of interest.

• Include what Pokemon are native to the region, as well as their locations. This also means providing what three starters are available. You cannot mix up the starter generations, they have to be a set from the same generation. { ex; Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Charmander = good | Teipig, Totodile, Snivy = bad. } You are allowed to include how the other generation starters are obtained, should you choose to have them available as well in your region. 

• You are allowed to include a maximum of 8 native legendary's in your region. Please include how they're found, and where.

• Make sure to come up with at least one "villain" organization. Give us an explanation as to why they created their group, their team uniform, their head quarters location, what they stand for, what they do, their leader{s}, and what they strive to accomplish. Include a few instances in which they have already taken action for what they believe in. Are they really evil villains, or just misunderstood with alternative ideals? or maybe they've just lost sight of what they were striving for. Really give us a feel for what they're like.

Now while these are the requirements, this is only the basics of what is expected. You are more than welcome, and encouraged, to branch off and include more than what's bullet pointed on the list. 

Notes: 

• Please feel free to include in additions that aren't on the requirements list. This is all about being as thorough and detailed as possible, that really pique ones interest, and draw the reader in.

• You're more than welcome to include art in your entry. While this is not an art contest, and your art "quality" will not be judged, we do need to be able to tell what it is you've made. 

• New content not usually in Pokemon games is permitted, and welcomed, excluding making Pokemon that do not exist. Items are fair game. Maybe there's something you've always thought would be cool to have in a Pokemon game. Or perhaps you have an idea for new items. Feel free to include it, so long as it follows the rules! 

• What we're looking for is who can create a region that could easily run alongside already existing regions {doesn't stray too far off from fitting in the Pokemon World }, creativity in design and explanations, as well as overall detail. 

Judges; RacheLucario, Tranzmaster, XelaKebert, Patrick

Entrants:

eggplantoftime

Satoshi

Feravyne

catela

Emlee

Mastin

Fizzinc

Hinrak

Deanopiero

InfiniteHeartz

Pidgeysaurus

Mauru2

Just to make sure, i have to submit the map of the region, but no need for others pictures right? Gym leaders, E4, Professor etc can just have a text description, no need for a picture too ( but i guess a good picture will get me more points ), right? Same for cities and ruotes

Btw, great event and prize <3

Just to make sure, i have to submit the map of the region, but no need for others pictures right? Gym leaders, E4, Professor etc can just have a text description, no need for a picture too ( but i guess a good picture will get me more points ), right? Same for cities and ruotes

Btw, great event and prize <3

Yes, you are correct! 

"Please make sure the region has a similar theme that it goes by, related to our world. For example, Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn are based on parts of Japan. Kalos is based on France, and Unova has some sprinklings of themes from the USA."

I want to create a new region, so it has to be similar of a place in the real world or can i create something totally new?

"Please make sure the region has a similar theme that it goes by, related to our world. For example, Johto, Kanto, Sinnoh, and Hoenn are based on parts of Japan. Kalos is based on France, and Unova has some sprinklings of themes from the USA."

I want to create a new region, so it has to be similar of a place in the real world or can i create something totally new?

It simply has to hold a theme to it that is based off of a place in our own world. The actual shape and layout is completely up to you though. Hopefully that answers your question?

tfw Years ago I drew 4 full regions each connecting to each other in some way with gym leaders and storylines half completed with them, but chucked them out. Though it wasnt irl themed

[spoiler] Logical reasoning for doing this [spoiler] ... [spoiler] I have no life [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]

HOLY FUCK, this is one hell of an event, Mu. I am beyond excited for this! ;D 

Okay, a couple questions... I did read the OP but I am all excited etc (from the event and I have an exam later.. plus seeing my sweetie pie LOL) but umm..

No fakemons? 

Legendaries have to be previously occurring legendaries?