More diversity in battle text.

OldKeith

Question

Ever wondered why you love the game, but you feel that you get no love in return?

There is an easy explanation. The lines you get in battles are too robotic, and need a fresh take.

Here are a few examples, although I am sure you guys can do better than me:

1. When a fire attack crits, the text we should get is: "A critical HEAT!"

2. When ATTRACT is used by pokemon A on pokemon B, a suitable line would be: "But it failed! B does not swing that way."

3. When COUNTER/MIRROR COAT is successfully used to OHKO an opposing pokemon, an automated line with the word "HUE" should be generated to stop players from manually typing that.

4. Audio or just text, it would be awesome to have a line of "FIRST BLOOD" when a pokemon is ohko'd, especially if it happens after 5 minutes had passed.

5. When you afk timeout an opponent, the message generated after declaring the victor should be "Ain't nobody got time fo dat."

6. The "A is fast asleep" line is redundant. Each turn should have a different line to prevent boredom: "A sleeping tight", "A hit the snooze button", "A turned the pillow" etc.

7. When a pokemon uses EXPLOSION, it can be preceded by "Allahu Akbar!", reminiscent of the explosives jokes in Family Guy.

8. The message "A flew up high" should be followed by the line "like a G6."

Those are just some, but this game really needs more diversity, and with an update just around the corner i.e. before 2015 it would be great to have these things taken into account.

Love, 

Keith

4 answers to this question

I'm actually pretty sure these are things that can be changed/personalized in your rom. I'm not 100% sure though. But yeah, would be a neat thing to make and share in client customization.

#seriousanswerstonotsoseriousthreads