[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Magi

I prefer a masculine or at least more male looking design for the M family. The F family should be more feminine. I don't recommend having them as trap/reverse trap combo, but I won't stop you if you insist on it.

Nidoking

[spoiler]334m845.png[/spoiler]

Nidoran F

[spoiler]10wtvud.jpg[/spoiler]

Nidorina

[spoiler]5yhxg0.png[/spoiler]

Nidoran M/Nidorino

[spoiler]nidoran_stuff_by_morwene-d4yzvvk.png[/spoiler]

I want to submit the left as Nidoking instead of Nidorino also.

[spoiler]28s221.png[/spoiler]

20qbekn.png

2133ke8.png2mzh0nr.png2w6w8ig.png

And shitty sprites I made.

Just so people know, I'm not going to be doing a sprite for Sneasel anymore, since my spriting "skills" aren't exactly suited to the moe area (or any area really). However, I was trying to design it off these two gijinkas. Seriously, the current Sneasel really doesn't look nice.

Wow, those pictures are really large. I'm so glad Spoiler tags are a thing.

[spoiler]

gijinka_sneasel_by_fir3h34rt-d2y18gj.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

sneasel_gijinka_by_uberitachi-d4umuce.jp

[/spoiler]

Also, I really like the new Trapinch.

I've had these done for a while and was going to make a big post with everything later once it was all done, but oh well~ That'll take a while and nearly a week has passed since this thread has had anything resembling activity.

Fixed Psyduck's hair.

nzX5km2.png

Made a backsprite, but likely needs heavy editing. I'm still pretty terrible at these and it's part of why I keep putting them off. I should probably just learn instead.

Beld8UU.png

Attempted Golduck's backsprite, but failed miserably (mostly due to the umbrella) so started working on Manectric on a whim. Will go back to Golduck once I figure out what to do with it.

LFwgDMi.png

Massive-to-do-list-that-I'll-eventually-finish: Togetic backsprite (definitely the twintails), Togepi backsprite, Golduck backsprite, Castform front edits, Castform backsprite, other Castform forms (if required), Manectric backsprite, Spearow front edits, Spearow back edits, whatever else I inevitably add to this list.

@Rache Please do the Castform formes at some point. When my Castform changes forme in game it changes to mostly black.

I'm not entirely sure how they'd be inserted. I'd rather wait until I know that it's actually possible before spending time on them.

@Lache

Psyduck front looks good. Backsprite's face is a bit off, but I can easily fix that up.

Manectric's hair and face looks good, but the rest of the body looks a bit funky.

I don't recall how Castform works, but I think it has to do with a 256x64 image with the four forms, with a total of five palettes (one for each form, and the normal form is the only one with an extra palette for shiny variation).

• 2 weeks later...

Question, can i remove the sprites for when i open my pc boxes, or atleast only see the sprites when i open up my pokemon's info and inbattle?

If so, how? (:

You'll have to either manually insert the Moemon into a clean rom or manually insert the original sprites over the Moemon ones.

@Moetal: I can upload a version of the patch with these instead of the current party sprites if you'd like. It can be rather difficult to sort through boxes at the moment, and it seems to deter some people~ Also, made some more Moemon sprites (Solrock/Lunatone fronts + a few backsprites). Will upload later.

Moemon + XY party sprites here.

Just made a patch from my rom instead of manually inserting hundreds of sprites. I reverted some unfinished sprites that I was using (Ditto, Minun, Plusle, Spearow), but the rest is untouched. As such, contains a few different sprites to the original - un-resized starters, Vulpix, Sandslash etc (higher quality and because some of the newer unevolved Pokemon are the same size that they originally were), reversed the Charizard edits because it looked better before, and some other sprites that I found to be better designed or made (Girafarig, Grumpig, and too many others to list). Feel free to revert these if you genuinely prefer the other ones.

As for new sprites, I'm genuinely happy with these two. The yellow/purple patterns are supposed to resemble the original Pokemons' eyes.

Solrock v1

05kcByD.png

Lunatone v1

T8u2oF5.png

Togepi back v1

MTLtg5D.png

The rest I'm not happy with, so will edit sometime or other. That Golduck umbrella is my new sworn enemy~