[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

130%20Gyarados%20Front%20v1%20x2.pngo9jwg2.png

No change to front. Just rounder head + neck for back.

EDIT:

wb6zaa.png

15 palette used.

EDIT 2: Kabutos

[spoiler]2ihp3zt.png[/spoiler]

I like the design for Kabuto, but I feel more attracted towards the other Kabutop designs I posted previously:

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/40418-ips-moemon-fire-red-revival-project-updated-6-7-2015/?p=1044080

qOZhrAi.png

Lache's Kabutop for thoughts.

138%20Omanyte%20Front%20v1.1%20x2.png139%20Omastar%20Front%20v1.1%20x2.png

And don't forget how Lord Helix looks like. I sure don't want Lord Helix to get picked 10/10 games solely because she looked cuter or anything.

Crino is working on Abra line and Steelix now.

Edited by Moetal

I missed so much while being in my little girl dungeon.  Gay marriage just legalized in US and FIre Emblem IF just released, and FE:IF also has gay marriage or something. 

Kabutos look great, and I can't wait for Abra's design.

This was the Loli gyarados I was making but I think I will put it on hold for Kabuto

130%20Loli%20Gyarados%20Front%20Draft%20

Edit

140%20Kabuto%20Front%20v1%20x2.png

Edited by McMagister

@McMagister

Yup, saw that one as well today. But, well... neither its design nor drawing style was what I was looking for in an Parasect gijinka. So in the end I did my own little edit.

Seems I just can't warm up to towards porthole glasses with thick frames. But to each their own, I guess.

@Magi

>little girl dungeon

Terrible joke. Never again please.

Kabuto looks good. I think the color is a bit dull for outfit/hat though.

8wjc6t.png

Somehow I am seeing her as Tensai.

[spoiler]vo8jh1.png[/spoiler]

The Shellder backsprite looks good. I think you can probably stick the tongue out more to make it stand out better, but I'm not gonna be too picky about it. Cloyster looks plain (due to just pure hair), but it's okay. I feel you can widen the entire head though since her hair looks really spread out in the front sprite.

zn7e4m.png

More centered Lolidos.

EDIT 2:

Poll is up.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54782-pollsprite-moemon-gyarados/

Had to remove some shading on your traditional draft to even the playing field a bit.

If you are a "Mr. Moemon", what does that make me?

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

I feel that I am one of the few people in the world qualified to make the joke out of that Jontron reference, since I am a "Mr. Moemon".  But sure, whatevs.

Edit: You, and Lache and the others who contributed would also be in this select group of "Mr. Moemon".  Anyone else making the joke I would consider to be an insult.  In the best interests of everyone here, I will refrain in the future.

Edited by McMagister

I feel like the Garados shouldn't really be smiling. Its a Garados, it had to go through being a Magikarp for 20 lvls. I think it should look a bit more like a bully. After all it would probs be all ready for revenge after what it goes through as a magikarp. Guess what I'm saying is, is that the smile doesn't really feel right.

Double posting because I can.

I've looked around a bit, and it seems like a lot of patches are incompatible with Moemon patch. Is there any particular patch that is completed and is worth making compatible? In addition, should Magikarp-tan trainer and/or Flareon start screen be included?

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

I'm not sure if these are completed (there can always crop up a bugfix after all), but weren't a lot of people asking for your Moemon patch being compatible with ''Pokemon - Liquid Crystal''?
''Pokemon Throwback'' and ''Pokemon - Dark Cry'' might be a good alternative as well.
Or, what about ''Pokemon Naranja''?
Though I know for a fact that the English version of Pokemon Naranja wasn't ever completed... but I guess the original version could work out?
Not sure. :/

Also, how does the Magikarp-tan one look like?
I just know how the start screen looks with Flareon, and that one looked really, really well. :)
I was already wondering why you guys didn't make Magikarp-tan as a playable character at default.
And if you were to do just that, wouldn't there be a need for a male counterpart moe protagonist?

But, that would probably take away from the initial thought of making this vanilla and just change the sprites themselves.
Whatever, food for thought, I guess.

@Moetal

FireRed A Reboot is both complete, has side quests and also adds the Fairy type. All things which are quite nice to have.

If you're interested, I even have a private patch where I imported all moemon sprites and party icons.Though there seems to be a problem with six pokemon of the newer generations that my program for inserting sprites can't handle. :/

I'm all for the Title screen by the way. But as the patch mentioned above only has a male trainer, magikarp-tan would be better left out.