[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Magi

The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised. I'm actually not even sure how many color palette I can use for the followers. Second one looks better.

In celebration of FFF the white Charizard in TwitchplaysMoemon, make the official shiny Charmander family white? Y/N?

Edited by Moetal

@Magi

The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised. Second one looks better.

In celebration of FFF the white Charizard in TwitchplaysMoemon, make the official shiny Charmander family white? Y/N?

Can you keep all shinies their original shinies colour? example shiny marill is a sad brown xd

33nw28j.png

I actually had to go back and swap your original's palettes/pixels around to make it so I can change the colors without the mouth and blush going berserk. Took way longer than I expected. I'm way too sleepy to finish Charizard for now.

I'll look at your backsprites tomorrow, and maybe do some edits to show you the spike/horn-hair.

@Magi

10zzsyb.png

4vmedt.png2rcwjki.png Earless version (also fixed palette and minor edit on eye shadow)

2ezixhl.png33vyqfm.png Earless version

I asked her. She was working on Kabuto last I checked.

Dugtrio's body feels small (or scrawny?) compare to her head. Your backsprite's ponytail doesn't reflect the front's. The front's hair spreads out while the back one is neatly bundled. Her right (the one closer to viewer) puppet should be enlarged (bigger than her left's) due to perspective.

Diglett's hat's top-rightish feels flat. The eye looks way too sparkly. You'll probably disagree, but I feel that since she is REALLY low into the ground, you can probably only see just the hat or half her face at most . It'll most likely look super weird at the moment in normal battle and even more so in dual battle. I feel the mud/ground part should be omitted/cropped out completely at least.

Edited by Moetal

Fixes on Nidoran and Nidoking back sprites look good and made some touchups, the bent horn (which is what it is) does not look good on Nidorino or Nidoking, because it looks like it cannot decide whether to be a lock of hair or a horn.  Ear versions are still better.  Diglett back sprite can be moved down in the sprite position editor, eye is fine.  Dugtrio ponytail fixed, puppets fixed to be almost the same size (since they are close together, her right puppet should just be a teeny bit larger if at all).

032%20Nidoran%20Male%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.034%20Nidoking%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png050%20Diglett%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png051%20Dugtrio%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png

Mankey

056%20Mankey%20Front%20v1%20x2.png

Edited by McMagister

Fixes on Nidoran and Nidoking back sprites look good and made some touchups, the bent horn (which is what it is) does not look good on Nidorino or Nidoking, because it looks like it cannot decide whether to be a lock of hair or a horn.  Ear versions are still better.  Diglett back sprite can be moved down in the sprite position editor, eye is fine.  Dugtrio ponytail fixed, puppets fixed to be almost the same size (since they are close together, her right puppet should just be a teeny bit larger if at all).

032%20Nidoran%20Male%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.034%20Nidoking%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png050%20Diglett%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png051%20Dugtrio%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png

Mankey

056%20Mankey%20Front%20v1%20x2.png

Mankey look like cat o.o

@Magi

Remember to fix Nidorino's eyewhites also. I've made some minor fixes on both the front and back's eyes on the earless version only.

NidoranF and Nidorina's body still looks off to me instinctively, but I can't really place my finger on it. Nidoqueen's front expression does not match the back's, nor does her pose. Design wise, I still feel it can be pushed further.

EDIT: Nidoking

[spoiler]Double the ears, double the fun. You now realize Nidoking have two pairs of ears.

034%20Nidoking%20Back%20v1.1%20x2.png

You cannot unsee.[/spoiler]

Dugtrio's neck might be a pixel or two too long and made the body look smaller than it should. See if you can make a variation with the neck shorter by a pixel (move head down).

Diglett's backsprite eye just look sparkly to me. I'll try to reshade it tonight.

Mankey's outfit looks a bit plain. See if you can borrow elements (or everything if you want) from below.

[spoiler]120nl3k.png[/spoiler]

@Cyrus

Do you mind not quoting? I really don't see the point of you constantly quoting a post right above you and repeating every text and image the poster above you just wrote and stretching the page down further than it needs to be. In truth, it makes it very annoying for me to view on the phone since I am literally scrolling down through the same texts and images twice every time I refresh because there is no "view bottom of page" function/button.

Edited by Moetal

I'd just like to call some attention to Cloyster,  and how disappointing it is.  I dunno if you guys are actually updating stuff or just having fun with sprites,  but either way...  Cloyster is kinda sad .w.  

http://i.imgur.com/TDEUL.png

Two alternative designs, just off a cursory google search,  that are much much nicer.

I remember there being one design that was similarly disappointing but I've forgotten it...  Oh well.

Edited by Noad
Removed first image as it is a bit too adult for our forums

WzzgtDl.png

That outfit and that pose makes Octillery look decent lol

There's this one Cloyster sprite which is nice but doesn't actually look very much like Cloyster at all, IMO

ms33602.png

@Moetal

What about Nidorino's eye whites need fixing?  I don't see anything particularly different about your version of the sprite or mine in that area.

Nidoking has two pairs of ears, I saw that and I think that's fine.

051%20Dugtrio%20Back%20v1.2%20x2.png

Mankey's outfit is simple becuase it's design is simple.  Simple is good.  High contrast is even better.  Unfortunately that mankey design is neither.  This is one of the reasons why Crino-line is such a godsend, in addition to drawing chibis so their poses can be translated directly into pixel art.

Edited by McMagister

I kind of like that Cloyster's clothes, but her facial expression just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Personally, I believe Cloyster to be most fitting as a menacing hikikomori, yandere, S, or possible all three things at once. Like below:

[spoiler]

VzW7kHI.jpg

[/spoiler]

Or maybe this one, for a more human-like appearance:

[spoiler]

5fsIr9t.jpg

[/spoiler]

And let's not forget about Lady Knight Shellder as well.

[spoiler]

fAd239Q.jpg

[/spoiler]

As for the Abra family line, these one strike me as rather fitting.

[spoiler]

SEQma7Y.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

09dljrK.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Gsh0koQ.jpg

[/spoiler]

Well, maybe not the geezer one. But perhaps his design may still prove useful in some way when gender bendering.

@Cyrus Good grief...

1. Because it's called Moemon, and not Arthritismon; except for Pokemon that have its gender signified like Nidoran♂ for instance, the Pokemon are supposed to look loli-like and cute. Simply ''Moe'', as the title of this thread suggests. This works best with female anime lolis, since it's more or less the epitome of what's considered to be ''cute'' in regards to gaming/anime and stuff (everything fictional, not to be confused with cutesy as we know it in real life; that's quite different).

2. It's less work to do for the Abra family. What's easier: To change one sprite to make it female, or to change two sprites to make these sprites male?
Also, for Alakazam, the active spriters here might have already a pose to work with (subject to approval, I guess). There is a good chance of Abra and Kadabra having to change their poses, if they are going to be male.
Besides of that - why making this specific family male to begin with? All other Pokemon are implied females as well, except the ones specifically stated to have a male gender.

3. It never got stated that Alakazam would be specifically male; Kamigoroshi even mentioned that it's a ''male'' sprite, yet that it could give inspiration for a pose for Alakazam. I hope that these guys can pull off something really good. Alakazam is my all-time favourite Pokemon and totally badass, in my opinion. :)

@Magi
Don't mention it, you're welcome. Guess it's wait and tea time for now, hope the situation calms down there soon-ish.
By the way, that Cloyster sprite you've posted is just gorgeous!
But I can see it does seem a little off and not really represents the nature of Cloyster. 
VzW7kHI.jpg
^

Now that sprite works really good for Cloyster, I think Kamigoroshi made a nice catch with this one.

(Excuse me, I don't know how to use spoilers here... how can I put images as spoilers? Sorry about the trouble.)

Oh, and I noticed that Charmanders front and backsprites don't reflect it each other. Is it just me, or does Charmander's backsprite look like its right arm is going straight down, while its front sprite shows Charmander's right arm slightly angled?
Maybe it's just me seeing things though, I'm not a spriter after all.

Will be looking forward further updates.
I'm already extremely curious about the Abra family. :)

Edited by animeloverxX93

(Excuse me, I don't know how to use spoilers here... how can I put images as spoilers? Sorry about the trouble.)

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler ]

without the ending space

[/spoiler]

WzzgtDl.png

That outfit and that pose makes Octillery look decent lol

There's this one Cloyster sprite which is nice but doesn't actually look very much like Cloyster at all, IMO

ms33602.png

Sorry about the first one being a little too lewd,  I don't have a very good internal "Filter" for "Too lewd" or not.  .w.

That sprite looks great!  I agree with the sentiment that the expression is off however.   (though I'd directly prefer this sprite to the existing one)

I kind of like that Cloyster's clothes, but her facial expression just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Personally, I believe Cloyster to be most fitting as a menacing hikikomori, yandere, S, or possible all three things at once. Like below:

[spoiler]

VzW7kHI.jpg

[/spoiler]

Or maybe this one, for a more human-like appearance:

[spoiler]

5fsIr9t.jpg

[/spoiler]

The first sprite with the expression of the first and the hair of the second here (Which matches the hair in the first pic I gave but was cut (Mybad)) would be perfect I think.

Edited by NaughtyNature

@Magi

Just some more gray in the eyewhite.

k19xkn.png

vou3cx.jpg

Two fixes.

EDIT: I've went to moonspeakland and returned with moes.

NidoranF/Nidoqueen

[spoiler]i727af.pngmtqp3r.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler]2u481g6.gif[/spoiler]

Wartortle

[spoiler]immhxz.gif[/spoiler]

You should be able to solve this.

[spoiler]1pgjed.jpgutqb5.png[/spoiler]

Shellder/Cloyster is relatively lacking even in moonland.

[spoiler]2lnrth.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]2lsy5he.jpg[/spoiler]

Koffing/Weezing are surprisingly cute.

[spoiler]2qla8o6.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler]281wm52.jpg[/spoiler]

Came across this cutie. I had to save her.

[spoiler]286v6dh.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

We posting gijinkas?  Ok

Charizard

[spoiler]

50748241_p3_master1200.jpg

[/spoiler]

Gyarados

[spoiler]

49434399_p0.png

[/spoiler]

Onix

[spoiler]

tumblr_lgqbv6fDTm1qgj2rto1_1280.jpg

[/spoiler]

@Moetal

Too much gray in the Nidorino's eyes.  Definitely worse.  Left diglett.

@NaughtyNature

Don't worry about it, the Takanya lewd meme is just in jest, I don't really know how lewd is too lewd for this forum.

Cloyster will probably be some sort of gothic lolita.

Edited by McMagister

@NaughtyNature

Cloyster will probably be some sort of gothic lolita.

That reminds me what my other disappointment was!  It was Houndoom.   I was soooo looking forward to seeing what Houndoom looked like only to be really let down.  I dislike the gothic lolita look on it (Though that aesthetic fits some other things I don't like it on Houndoom) and don't believe it fits at all,  though would have fit Houndour better.    The horns forming a heart shape with a big bow on it were an extra point of "Ew" (And they don't even match up with the back sprite.

Houndoom needs more ferocity and seriousness to her,  with a sprinkling of lust as something of a succubus design with an outfit more comparable to what Absol or Sandslash is wearing with what appear to be fishnets. But on houndoom perhaps more of a leather and bone feel.

As-is I kind of don't want to use houndoom because of it :/

I'd adore a moemon where the early stages are cute and adorable while later stages are more... Taking an example from Seviper and Absol.   "Serious" I guess.   But perhaps that'd be more of a "Gijinkamon" or something... still though...  

(Absol ftw,  I love it's design.     Absol, Seviper, Salamence, Dragonite, Charizard and Gengar (though there are other designs I'd love as well, the current one is still one of the best) are my favorites I think, off the top of my head...  And Houndoom has all the right elements to be my #1 favorite with an improved (though that's a bit subjective) design~)

Edited by NaughtyNature

@NaughtyNature

So you want something like this?

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19280001

[spoiler]

19280001.jpg

[/spoiler]

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=6664157

[spoiler]

6664157.jpg

[/spoiler]

However, Houndoom was one of the first "new" sprites I saw in moemon, and one of the first that really impressed me, so she has a soft spot in my heart.

Edited by McMagister