[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal

The ears, brows and flowers are slanted in the opposite direction as her face; the left thigh (our POV) is too thick and placed too far from her waist that makes her figure look like an extreme hourglass; the little locks of hair touching her shoulders, take them out or make it longer, they make the shoulders look lower than they actually are; head is too high up and looks disconnected from the rest of the body.

@animeloverxX93

Thanks for asking, I think you are the only one.  I'm all right.  The Legislative council will vote on the PRC government's electoral reform package in June, so bascially nothing much has happened between then and now.

032%20Nidoran%20Male%20Front%20v1%20x2.p

Edited by McMagister

Most pre evolutions look like little girls so that makes it more kawaii than moe and delcatty looks...like Skitty in emerald patch,speaking of I was wondering if a link to 1.0v fire red rom was available and the Roms I use crash on the screen prof.oak brings out a Pokemon...well before then,also can boys get cool sprites and custom deoxys form

Edited by sonicturbo

@Magi

You think too highly of my skills. I'll see what I can do.

To be honest, I don't like how Nidoran (male) went from green hair to purple hair when he evolved. I still feel his ears can be incorporated into the design even further, like maybe a pair of purple headphones with antenna + the center being green similar to below.

[spoiler]1486705-wireless-headphones-with-antenna[/spoiler]

Male Blastoise y/n? If not, I'd still take this design and put it on a female base. 

[spoiler]drb2ow.gif[/spoiler]

Male Blastoise y/n? If not, I'd still take this design and put it on a female base. 

[spoiler]drb2ow.gif[/spoiler]

Ehh... Honestly, I'd say nay on both accounts. Not only wouldn't it make sense to suddenly switch from an hot Onee-san to some gloomy Ikemen host. The design shown above also looks rather inferior to what we currently have in the patch, considering that he'll most likely has to crouch.

But if you have already decided to give Blastoise some sort of overhaul anyway, then I'll vote for a rough female replacement with sarashi.

What I have in mind would probably be best described akin to a wild mix of Blastoise-hime:

[spoiler]

VRuiNAy.jpg

[/spoiler]

And Musashi below (minus the ship hull parts):

[spoiler]

99BeWtl.jpg

[/spoiler]

szan4p.png

70x70 pixels rough sketch. Can't fit the umbrella in 64x64. RIP umbrella.

EDIT: And then there's this thing...

35at5r7.png

Smoking hot variation.

2552zcp.png

Not sure where to put the second head at. I don't want to be un-creative and turning it into a hairpin. I was thinking maybe I should add two of them to her coat with drawstrings to look like pompoms, but reducing them in scale would make them stand out a lot less and clash into the coat color.

EDIT 2:

And a bottle I stole somewhere, because you can't go smokin hot without a bottle handy. 

21l37g0.png

Edited by Moetal

@Magi

I liked your old avatar more, and Butterbae's actual sprite is cuter than that new one.

Male family

Nidoran male looks good aside from the horn and pant which I will point out below. Nidorino and Nidoking's ears are still out of place; I feel you can drop them completely as the earphone and the hairband are more than enough to represent them. The horn/spike feels like it can be enlarged a bit more and completely incorporated into the hair, like shounen-ish (such as FF7 Cloud, DBZ Goku, etc). The Nidoran male's hood can slide back slightly (either entirely or just around that area) to let the "horn" stick out. As for the pants, the green looks pretty out of place. I'm not sure if it's the shade of the green itself or what, but the color really stand out like a sore thumb.

I was thinking about sliding the headphone of Nidorino down around his neck so it looks something like O> shape due to the angle (using the headphone band to look like the tip of the ears). Nidoking's "arm warmers" feel kinda silly, so you might be better off giving him wrist bands like Nidorino.

Female family

The entire female line's quality dropped really hard. I thought you were going to use the Nidoqueen design below? What happened? I personally feel my poorly made Nidoran female is cuter. Nidorina's current design isn't very cute and could use a touch up. The rebellious design I posted previously felt like a good bridge between the tempered Nidoran female and the warrior queen Nidoqueen.

2n56oj.jpg2w6w8ig.png

[spoiler]5yhxg0.png[/spoiler][spoiler]nidoqueen.png[/spoiler]

Might be useful as a base for something in the future. More compiling.

[spoiler]jutthw.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

What previous avatar?  The magikarp is the default.  This butterbae is just an oekaki (sketch) and not a sprite, its only natural the sprite would look better.  But gravatar resizes images ruining pixel art so I'd rather use this.

I believe the Nidoran line's ears are critical to their design and should be incorporated as is for recognition's sake.  Same with the horns in the male line.  The green colour is taken directly from your own sprites, but you can fiddle around with the colours if you find one that looks better.

NidoranF and Nidorina are revamped versions of my old sprites, the bodies were still acceptable so no reason not to use them, the face is original and quite moe IMO.  Nidoqueen is original and designed to match the existing backsprite.

@Magi

I mistaken your dA with your account here. Your Kakuna one.

Check the length of the arms of NidoranF and the width of the arms of Nidorina; both are small compare to the rest of the body. The hair for both NidoranF and Nidorina is far from the quality of the sprites you make now.

All must obey the helix god.

[spoiler]10xrl8h.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

@Magi

dhbu2t.pngqn69vq.png

Trimmed left side of the face and slightly softened the darkest color. Highlight correction.

2nqtwzn.png

Added hairband, lengthened hair, corrected eye highlight. I still feel this design could be pushed further.

28rjgye.png2hgert4.png2cnc9yr.png

Dulled the green more. No ear variation.

Edited by Moetal

@Magi

While not foolproof, the position of the eye highlight is usually determined by the main light source. NidoranF's and Nidorina's light sources feel like they are both is coming down at them from the top right instead of left.

Diglet looks good. Dugtrio's left (her right) puppet feels like it should face the right than left and could use more foreshortening (lowering the eyes and squishing the nose) because of the angle of her arm.

Optional, but maybe you can lengthen the side bangs a bit to make it look like Diglet's or trim Diglet's.

EDIT:

[spoiler]You know you have lost control of your life when you start dreaming about moemon and sprites.[/spoiler]

EDIT 2:

Somehow I'm getting a Reimu vibe from this. I think it's because of all the reds. The mouth uses one of the red color, so I can't really change the feathers to another colors besides orange. I've gave your original a blue sleeve shadow while the shiny one uses your duller shadow. If only the outfit used a different color than hair, we'd have ourself a Mashiro clone. Oh well, in the end it's a luxury shiny sprite that only a lucky few will ever see it in their lifetime.

16k3z4g.png

2ensz7a.png

Edited by Moetal