[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

the emerald revival project has apparently been discontinued. the last update was a port of revival 1.3 from here

that was the reason i was asking if this is going to be picked up again

i used the dodgeflyer patch for a while, but i was just wondering if emerald was going to get a patch with the revival sprites

and ofc as the idiot that i am i fail to notice that pokemmo only uses the FR sprites making an emerald patch obsolete for the mmo variant. it would still be nice to be able to play emerald roms with the revival sprites though

also as a possible suggestion when zigzagoon gets remodeled could you remove the shaded bar around the eyes? it looks kinda weird

Edited by slashburn

the emerald revival project has apparently been discontinued. the last update was a port of revival 1.3 from here

that was the reason i was asking if this is going to be picked up again

i used the dodgeflyer patch for a while, but i was just wondering if emerald was going to get a patch with the revival sprites

and ofc as the idiot that i am i fail to notice that pokemmo only uses the FR sprites making an emerald patch obsolete for the mmo variant. it would still be nice to be able to play emerald roms with the revival sprites though

also as a possible suggestion when zigzagoon gets remodeled could you remove the shaded bar around the eyes? it looks kinda weird

Ah, I wasn't aware they discontinued it :X

Well, here's a perfect opportunity for you to pick up where they left off!

Inserting sprites is easy :P Just takes an hour to learn how to insert sprites, then it's just all based on time!

Feel free to ask for help via PM :)

Are you planning to make emerald ikarus patch   ^_^ ?

Emerald's art-style hurts my eyes :P

Edited by Ikarus

well i might be interested in looking ito it, but the biggest issue for me would be fixing emeralds animations. as emerald, together with crystal i believe use a second animation sprite

ps: I have newer done spritework or pixelart before and i have a horrible artistic sense

Edited by slashburn

Quick question, is Pikachu revamp in 1.4? Is Lache's Togepi/Togetic/Psyduck/Golduck? Flame's Doduo? What am I missing besides the below three? What day is it?

1.bErK3jG.png

2.9IYcg40.png

3.98fy8h.png140kefp.png

MTLtg5D.png30lnlgy.pngKtooVXw.png8bZ9QQr.png055%20Golduck%20Edit%20v1.1.pngSChuNbu.png?1084%20Doduo%20Edit.png2iksi8p.png

More compiling. Ignore below.

[spoiler]

2ryjabt.pngmoemon_weezing_by_riderofwind-d7qdrz3.pnidsi68.png[/spoiler]

I don't always organize, but when I do, it means something big is coming *winkwink*

Edited by Moetal

Backsprites coming soon™. I'm nearly finished with two quite major things that I've been working on for a while to say the least and that have been eating up the majority of my time lately.

Needs more twintails Togetic

Edit:

Quick question, is Pikachu revamp in 1.4? Is Lache's Togepi/Togetic/Psyduck/Golduck? Flame's Doduo? What am I missing besides the below three? What day is it?

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, most sprites are there, Friday.

Edited by RacheLucario

McMagister's Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu revamps are not in. Rache's Hoothoot and Kabutops come to mind as well.

Also, this Wingull here may be more appealing than the current "flying diapers" in the patch;

PMLbpjY.png

Baka Schwartz patch not working link and is 1.4 latest or is a link available for clean 1.0 fire red AND Mormon 1.5+

Edit:can the sprites have cool boy counter parts and more buxom and revealing girls ...plz I'm not a perv so don't call me such like charizard bait but no fish

And any legendary cool re vamps with other Pokemon like emerald ruby or sapphire

Make GBA diamond and pearl Moemon patch with d&p sprites would be cool or maybe some d&p sprites like dialga,glameow,gallade,gastrodon,lucario,and luxray

Edited by RacheLucario
Please don't post multiple times in a row. Use the edit feature if you wish to add something to a post.

@Lache

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I never liked the actual design, and the face never striked me as moe. I'll recycle the current Ivysaur into parts. Can you shade the hair and dress for the new Ivysaur when you have time? I've slapped on the shape of the hair with the darkest tone at the moment.

Edited by Moetal

@Lache

Gonna have to disagree with you there. I never liked the actual design, and the face never striked me as moe. I'll recycle the current Ivysaur into parts. Can you shade the hair and dress for the new Ivysaur when you have time? I've slapped on the shape of the hair with the darkest tone at the moment.

I'll see what I can do with the old Ivysaur, and will have an attempt at the new one. Will probably have time over the weekend~

Princess Venusaur rough draft. The long dress of the original design covers the legs and makes her look deformed when we have to bend the legs, so gotta change the design a bit. I couldn't get the umbrella to look good, so she only have the handle at the moment. The side flowers are small, so the quality went down a lot. Might have to just make them bigger (and possibly drop one).

2u5zvpg.png

Original reference:

[spoiler]2usd9ic.jpg[/spoiler]

And old/new family comparison:

x1a5xk.jpg

Edited by Moetal

Princess Venusaur rough draft. The long dress of the original design covers the legs and makes her look deformed when we have to bend the legs, so gotta change the design a bit. I couldn't get the umbrella to look good, so she only have the handle at the moment. The side flowers are small, so the quality went down a lot. Might have to just make them bigger (and possibly drop one).

2u5zvpg.png

Original reference:

x1a5xk.jpg

Did you made backsprite of new venusaur and ivysaur?

2u5zvpg.png

Original reference:

x1a5xk.jpg

I believe that if you reduce her hair volume by a pixel or two, the parasol could fit in a similar pose to Golduck's umbrella. Or at least just parts of its oversized petals. 

The lower body of the older Venusaur sprite is the main problem. Compared to the arms and waist, both the tights and calves are too thick. Perhaps by upping her right shoulder (our left) by some pixel and enlarging the torso somewhat, her posture could become more balanced.

Then again judging from the reference picture of Venusaur-hime, I get the feeling that our Maido Snorlax may provide a better base for the lower body and dress. Hmm...

@animelover

Magi was actually following Twitch plays Moemon very closely. I've spotted him on reddit and I've sent him notes on dA, but he's not responding.

More compiling:

[spoiler]054%20Psyduck%20Back%20Edit%20v1.png[/spoiler]

Are you gonna make flower umbrella thing for venusaur? like this picture

[spoiler] 2usd9ic.jpg[/spoiler]

Edited by RacheLucario
Spoilered large image