[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Fixed everything (I think). Hat is 2 pixels shorter and a pixel or two thinner, arm extended, and slightly adjusted the baby. It's probably as big as I'll be able to make it.

bjj4SBA.png

Will get to work on the backsprite soon, maybe tomorrow. Aside from it no longer resembling the front, are there any glaring issues with the backsprite?

@Lache

Your first baby was good; just paste it like so.

20qb4t5.png

The face shape of your backsprite is a bit strange. I think you are trying to make her head tilt back/looking upward, but you didn't move adjust the hair/back of the head accordingly so the face ends up "sticking out". Either that, or you got a big nose.

ok i was just wondering if there had been any recent changes and if so if i could get a changelog of them, cause i have this on an emulator on my phone and i noticed some sprites got changed and i found out the emulator had a setting to automatically download new versions of IPS patches and i was just wondering if the changes i saw came from here or not

Edit: in particular i noticed (and please keep in mind my memory could just be slipping on some of these) lickitung, seaking, ditto,cyndaquil (<-- probably just forgetting that one), surskit (this one too), lunatone, solrock, barboach. anyway i was just asking to confirm if they were changed or my phones downloding patched from weird places or if im just crazy 

Edited by dragonicath

Hello Moetal & people who's reading this so i figured out how to insert the magikarp-tan this is just a screenshot how it look in PokeMMO.

6ABYXPv.png

This is the trainer card i replaced the red male trainer with magikarp-tan.

VJcajcf.png

The backsprite of male i also replaced it with magikarp-tan and it worked perfectly.

huNmVhE.png

And this the face sprite red i replaced with magikarp-tan.

f8lET3q.png

Finally this is the friendlist but the female sprite pallete had crashed so i figured i should fix it.

isQr6uP.png

Sadly i wasn't able to get the female sprite back so i ended up putting colour over it since the female sprite face in friendlist pallete had crashed but i can't replace it with magikarp-tan i tried it but end up even worst.

Edited by CyrusZathen

@Kami

You can go further.

[spoiler]2ngwpwy.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]9zum3s.jpg32ztjyv.jpgSome other designs in this pic are pretty nice also.[/spoiler]

I personally like the first's weapon and legging/sock-thingy, but the second's bodywear is nicer (although we'll need to change the colors like the third image)

Edited by Moetal
  • 2 weeks later...

I've started working on a bunch of backsprites that I've been putting off doing for way too long, will dump them all here together (with some minor front sprite edits) when I'm done~ In the meanwhile, attempted Kabutops (combined the two designs posted earlier), then saw a Flygon design that I really liked and attempted to make it too. I'm not sure how either of them turned out, both probably need some work.

qOZhrAi.pngTNfPd2s.png

[spoiler]Flygon.full.1437829.jpg

Flygon.full.1692779.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler]This Shuckle is still better made and designed~

xW6V2gW.png[/spoiler]

I think more liberties should be taken with the designs. Steps could be taken to make kabutops more moe(I hate using that word but it's appropriate now.).

I know my instinct aren't that good but I think wings should be present. Flygon is a pretty awesome sprite as you show it, although side by side comparisons with the preevolutions would be nice.

Also, it is my opinion the final evolved forms of dragons should be more busty(and maybe a bit older in this case). Of course, I have such opinions about nearly all sprites so you can disregard that.

Edited by Septentrion

I think more liberties should be taken with the designs. Steps could be taken to make kabutops more moe(I hate using that word but it's appropriate now.).

I know my instinct aren't that good but I think wings should be present. Flygon is a pretty awesome sprite as you show it, although side by side comparisons with the preevolutions would be nice.

Also, it is my opinion the final evolved forms of dragons should be more busty(and maybe a bit older in this case). Of course, I have such opinions about nearly all sprites so you can disregard that.

I'll see what I can do about Kabutops~ Will probably have to completely change the pose though.

Wings don't really fit (both physically in the image and with the design as they're already represented by the coat). The pre-evolutions don't really fit it at the moment, but I could always edit/remake Vibrava at some point. Trapinch is the odd one out in Pokemon, so it (probably) doesn't have to match super well.

9m76kBf.png

@Lache

TNfPd2s.png --> 20uqwz9.png

The other arm makes her pose look very unnatural, so I hided it behind her body partially. The goggle's and eye's highlights feel off, but I probably made it worse. I've shifted the head by a pixel to the right so it's more centered with the body. I get you are trying to make a smug/snicker face, but it's way off centered so I had it more aligned with the face.

Do you guys keep a clear collection of all the most-updated sprites+backsprites? The collection link on the first post doesn't exactly keep up with the latest, and it's hard to keep track of them by searching through the pages. You guys have a LOT of pages in this, after all. (Not that that's a bad thing, it's good, but hard to keep track of)

Cool work and project, by the way. Just wondering if there's any easier way to keep track of all the latest sprites.

Do you guys keep a clear collection of all the most-updated sprites+backsprites? The collection link on the first post doesn't exactly keep up with the latest, and it's hard to keep track of them by searching through the pages. You guys have a LOT of pages in this, after all. (Not that that's a bad thing, it's good, but hard to keep track of)

Cool work and project, by the way. Just wondering if there's any easier way to keep track of all the latest sprites.

In game pokedex just apply the latest version then go to the pokedex is easiest way for me at least but it's unfortunate if you don't have much record of pokemon..

In game pokedex just apply the latest version then go to the pokedex is easiest way for me at least but it's unfortunate if you don't have much record of pokemon..

If you're using an emulator, you can use a GameShark code.

Also, does anyone know what program Moetal uses to make the patch? I've been wanting to change a few of them for me in-game, but none of the programs I find online work. Help?

Also, does anyone know what program Moetal uses to make the patch? I've been wanting to change a few of them for me in-game, but none of the programs I find online work. Help?

I do not know what program Moetal uses for swapping sprites, but I can recommend the Pokémon Gen III Rom Hacking Suite

Having the possibility of changing Pokedex description entries, spawning points, battle sprite positions, abilities and attacks makes this tool really useful for creating your own modified patch.

When playing this game/rom on android there's a bug when I open the TM inventory and picked a slot (the text are all gibberish to like some random texts) it would crash I tried re-downloading it but whenever I press any inside of the TM it would crash, and just so you know I'm using gba for android