[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Cheats somehow doesn't work for this.

What cheats I'm using? A cheat that turns all wild pokemon's gender.

Its just logical. I... It's just distracting to look at. The sprite is clearly female looking but it shows male besides the name.

So, how can I make a patch so that the sprite for the male symbol turns into the female symbol?

So even the starter pokemon and everybody else's turns into 'female' since no cheats to modify starter pokemon's gender exists.

Edited by pokemonigot

Cheats somehow doesn't work for this.

What cheats I'm using? A cheat that turns all wild pokemon's gender.

Its just logical. I... It's just distracting to look at. The sprite is clearly female looking but it shows male besides the name.

So, how can I make a patch so that the sprite for the male symbol turns into the female symbol?

So even the starter pokemon and everybody else's turns into 'female' since no cheats to modify starter pokemon's gender exists.

@pokemingot bro use YAPE(yet another pokemon editor) it will allow you to change the base ratio of the sex of every pokemon in the game (leave ralts on 87% or you will never be able to past willy, wallo, walle? i dont care how the kid name is) but is necesary for the first pokemon catch tutorial

I noticed that McMagister's Collection of Moemon Sprites (the download) doesn't include some (or all) of the changes made in version 1.4 of this patch. Is it because McMagister didn't make them, or is it just that McMagister hasn't gotten around to updating it yet?

Also,

bro use YAPE(yet another pokemon editor) it will allow you to change the base ratio of the sex of every pokemon in the game (leave ralts on 87% or you will never be able to past wally)

That's a stupid way to design the tutorial. Why would Creatures, Inc. do it that way? They must have known that people would hack the game and change the gender ratios! (Maybe if you're really good at it, you could make the game work there despite a gender ratio change by adding an exception in the coding for that tutorial? I have no idea if it would work or not, but it's worth a shot! At the very least, you should be able to change Ralts' gender ratio once you're passed the tutorial.)

I noticed that McMagister's Collection of Moemon Sprites (the download) doesn't include some (or all) of the changes made in version 1.4 of this patch. Is it because McMagister didn't make them, or is it just that McMagister hasn't gotten around to updating it yet?

I kinda wanna try my hand at inserting Moemon sprites into the Ultra Violet version, so an updated version would help, thanks. :)

Hello there, I just wanted to ask why Jynx was turned white for this mod? It's not like black girls can't be moe!

EQnbLsn.png

Okay, the long haired pop diva may not be a very good example, but skin tone doesn't really do much for that either way. The clingher though, is Smoochum.

o65EMQo.png

How can you resist this?

dkIzn2m.png

Awww. Look at that brown cutie.

I also gave Shiny Ponyta and Rapidash propane-flame blue hair instead of the more subdued sprites in the current patch, but good luck ever finding one without a cheat. Still, this is the source of the sprites, so it's only right to pass my modifications back, even if they don't get put into the oficcial collection, or patched into anyone else's personal copy. I won't be posting them anywhere else, either way.

bErK3jG.png

9IYcg40.png

I'm having rather less success finding out how to put Magikarp-tan in as the female PC. Anyone want to give a few hints?

(IE, name of a good tool for the job, since my searches are giving very little results for three hours or so of poking around. I did manage to remap the colors of the "wants to battle!" image so her orange hair/outfit is the two shades of red in the two slots that PokeMMO changes the color of if you play as a different color than red, but the secrets of overworld sprites have remained obscured. Probably because I haven't followed the rom hacking community long enough to learn the terminology etc. I should be searching for, but that's why I'm asking.)

Edited by dialNforNinja

@dial

For Jynx family, the black skin looks really bad on the sprite (ruins perfectly good sprites imo). It just feels very out of place and not harmonize with the other colors. If you can ever find a good shade however, you're welcome to experiment and change my mind.

Ponyta and Rapidash actually looks a lot better. I'll swap them in in the next patch... whenever that is. 

Go back one page (Page 70) for Magikarp-tan. Kickern made a guide in his file.

Edited by Moetal

Is there any hack that is compatible with this patch? As in, any other firered patch I can use with it to play on an emulator? I love the sprites, but I'm tired of the normal storyline, and the sprite pack doesn't have all the changed sprites in it. I've been testing a few that seemed that would be compatible, but I've had no luck so far.

Edit: Yes, I know how to edit the sprites into a hack, but the sprite package isn't updated.

Edited by shino

@Moetal - oh fer cryin' out loud, how did I miss that? I did actually read through the thread, but I guess my eyes must have started to glaze over a bit by the end. I'm still working through the sprites I decided to change, so I guess I'll keep spitting them out here

This one is a slight mod of an older version's Ho-oh

hYQLK4r.png

becasue while the one in 1.4 (this:UsAYzvc.png) has a somewhat better skirt and legs, let's face it, you're maybe going to face off against Ho-oh twice (aside from Ubers vs. battles) whereas if you catch her it's the back sprite you'll be looking at most of the time, and the older one has much more interesting detail there. Had to redo the shiny on this one from the base colors, because for some reason the palettes wouldn't synch up with the separate .png's in the archive I got it from. replacing the front view body with the second/current official one while keeping the head would be the best I think, but my skills are not yet there.

@dial

The two sprite have different designs, so it wouldn't be easy to make the older backsprite to look like current's frontsprite. It's not really a high priority, and we don't have the resources/talents to change it at the moment anyways.

Gah, it's like I've been sucked into a black hole of pixels and color maps. This thread needs a warning label!

Anyway, I think what I meant and what you thought I meant were nearly opposite, Moetal - it turned out to be rather less complicated than I was expecting, and would probably work quite well in the hands of someone with more practise. What I ended up with, though, is three sets of two minor color variations...

This was the basic ide, which leaves her looking up  at the sky like the original. Works pretty well though.

5hzH0rk.png

AkCRgeD.png

Then I tried turning it 45 degrees, to keep something like a grid for the pixels to align to while fixing the sky problem. It would probably need a cleanup, despite my best efforts.

PPGFNls.png

iG6HjBo.png

It looks like she's vaulting over a wall or something, but I kinda like it.

To reduce ceaning issues, I also truied rotating just the head.

SV0PRrj.png

77hlBO4.png

... miiiight be hitting more yandere flags than moe, there. Even so, the yellow-band version of this is probably what I'll be using.

Like the man said.

Come to think of it, the first and thrird versions could possibly work with one of them as the second frame for the Emerald version...

Edit to add: I use Sneasel/Weavile fairly often, so I might take a look there... I'm pretty sure I subbed in a different sprite for the random ninja girl.

Edited by dialNforNinja

These are some of the moemon sprites I personally use for my game. Figured I might as well share them here. :P

A handful of them are recolourations of newer pokemons. But other than minor differences I feel they fit in quite well.

020. penhoDU.png (While Raticate Maid is "prettier", this one feels more true for the pokemon's character.)

053. wxB0aAE.png (If it weren't for the star and tail tattoos, this would be a perfect replacement.But it's still a better sprite as is than the current one.)

071. k5dlpYz.png (MOE~!)

095. 3aqA3l8.png (A more natural and cuter looking Onix is always welcome in my book.)

108. ljSo6K8.png (Eh, ahoge are cuter anyway.)

110. zOhXSqa.png (Lacks a bit of gas here and there. Then again, anything's better than the current Weezer.)

121. tvuc66Z.png (The current one is way too thin, small and overall of lesser quality for my taste. And I love this one's face.)

123. HX5S6a8.png (Simular to the current one, but with improved detail and larger body.)

138. MMbv6Jl.png (A worthy replacement.Though the lack of tentacles still hurt a bit.)

139. m9glVzh.png (Again, very fitting. All that's left is adding a spike or two on her helmet and removing the cross.)

167. dA53IER.png (I feel that this recolouration of Ariados dubs very nicely as Spinarak. I'm especially fond of the poisonous look in her eyes.)

204. GdF4ZKc.png (Again, anything's better than the current one. And this moemon fits the job nicely with her bandages.)

215. TzzH41j.png (Vastly better looking Sneasel. Nice size too. Also, choco fits her the best!)

On a side note, when will McMagister's Pikachu family be included into the patch? From what I saw it was already completed for quite some time.

Edited by Kamigoroshi

020: What's the stripey thing she's got?

110: I'll get on those gas clouds and crossbones insignia, because while I don't mind the current 1.4 version, this one is cuter.

121: I used what I think is an earlier one from when the water types were usually swimming toward the vieewer, with a similar skirt flared out behind her and a second layer like Starmie's second set of arms behind it. It's from McMagister's arhive.

138&139: The scarf on Accelawhatever does work well to add a tentacular look, and original Omanyte could probably be turned into a hat like Shellthingy with wild hair subbing in for tentacles. I'll see if I can put something together like the head swap on Ho-oh, only, you know, with less suck and mess.

167: I can never keep the spiders straight, but that should be the little one, with a more adult looking girl with a similar mod be the big one.

204: That doesn't look like Pineco [i]at all[/i] though. Maybe the slab pattern of the current one could be turned into a dress and scarf/shawl sort of thing?

215: YOINK! THough I might try adjusting the headdress to Sneasel's single feather, and tone down the claws. I take it that's meant to be Weavile?

020: What's the stripey thing she's got?

A baguette, most likely. Or did you perchance mean her tail?

204: That doesn't look like Pineco at all though. Maybe the slab pattern of the current one could be turned into a dress and scarf/shawl sort of thing?

Perhaps. Though I still like it more than that other nighmarish abomination. :P

That combination could do wonders though. Especially mixed with plate armour parts, similarly to the geodude family.

215: YOINK! THough I might try adjusting the headdress to Sneasel's single feather, and tone down the claws. I take it that's meant to be Weavile?

Was it that obvious? ;)

I meant the thing she's holding. Could be a baguette, I guess. That gives me an idea for Lickitung, though - give her a popsicle, so the sprite can have her tongue out without being lewd, and so there's an IC excuse for why her  tongue is cold and probably sticky enough that licking constitutes an attack.

N1OY2Uq.png

110 Weezing, using the sprite @Kamigoroshi posted as a base with the mini-Koffing hair ornament and gas clouds from the 1.4 version

kUgfIkx.png

138 Omanyte, based on Manaphy's sprite from the archive with shell hat and hairtacles

ttCHe0w.png

139 Omastar, based on the current version (exact same color map, in fact) with bigger shell hat and scarf tentacle.

DBZWRdv.png

204 Pineco, using the Gen II shiny colors. If you prefer Gen III+ plain brown, try this instead:

ewdrF8J.png

I'm not really happy with the hair on this, to be honest. As it's the first one I've done much more then recolor or paste in parts of another sprite, any comments on it would be particularly appreciated.

If someone with more spriting experience wants to challenge the Hair Gym, it should be an easy battle. Here's a bald version:

wCoxQ9R.png

FFilIFO.png

311 Plusle, just a little more saturated on the shinies

rwO9o9I.png

328 Trapinch, now with 200% more meganekko

I forgot what I was doing.

Is that good? I see you liked the grape dress/lilac hair combo, at least.

h1QCQQv.png

337 Lunatone got a hair color different from the "moon" part, so it looks more like a girl sitting on a moon-shaped hover-throne and less like a big blob of beige what-the-poke? It also makes the shiny more interesting than just changing the eye color, but the blame for the lies at the feet of Game Freak.

I also de-volved this Crawdaunt

5EcMw9S.png

into a Corphish

crjVSU9.png

to fit better with this Crawdaunt

FkTuK2p.png

which is the one in 1.4 but doesn't really suit

TfQdbPa.png

the 1.4 Corphish. It's certainly cute, but it doesn't much resemble the original pokemon and only slightly the evolved moemon, hair clips notwithstanding. If Corphish had a pre-evolution, it would be perfect, but sadly this is not so. I don't really expect this one to go into the official patch sinc'e it's [i]less[/i] cute, but I'm puttting it here anyway for the benefit of anyone who likes it, and/or so someone can tell me why the face looks so blah.

I'm still bnot sure what I'm doing wrong with the faces...

2vmzogm.png

Maybe someone with better color sense can do a better job than me.

@dial

The different hair color concept is pretty good, but I feel those colors are out of place. I rather you use red for normal and blue for the shiny. You can keep it yellow too as long it is a different shade/tone from the moon.

That "Corphish" does not look moe, nor does it feel more fitting in terms of scale.

The Weezing looks fine with matching hair hue - I didn't realize I'd mixed in one of the dress colors when I was remapping it to seperate them in the first place, since the preview images when modifying shiny colors in ASE can't be zoomed in. Unfortunately there's nowhere to really squeeze another color slot out of the dress without making it look flat, and there's already only two cloud tones and three skin tones. All the outlines could be turned black, but I think that cure would be worse than the disease. Accepting the hair as synchonized with the dress would allow for putting the insignia/trim and clouds into differnt slots, though, so they could still be yellow on the shiny while the clouds turn purple. Shall I give that a go?

Edit: She'll be right.

x

Might be better with the shoes matched to the dress, though.

Edit 2: Yup.

BDRfiiv.png

No unexpected news re Corphish. I might revert it myself; the new one is just too derpy, and the big hair makes it look beefier than the evolved form.

For Lunatone, I was thinking "by the light of the silvery moon" for the blue, but anything that differentiates hair and moon is good to me. The pink is Hue=200 for the four hair colors, blue is hue=135, and yellow works at hue=40.

Pick your poison parfait:

CyvIFT1.png

Since it's so light compared to the eyes, the matching hair looks better than I thought it might.

S35HndG.png

Yellow with red eyes looks a bit odd somehow. Like it should have wings, or maybe fairy lights.

pnBhcEL.png

There's a joke in here, but it contains vampires so I'll refrain aside from mentioning the movie Iron Sky.

Starting from blue, turn down the saturation to 20 and you get a rather nice silver, though it could still be made a bit lighter.

bszO03T.png

RULE 63 INUYASHA, SIT!

6xTb2Bh.png

This one is rather nice, I think, with the paler moon to go with the silver.

BNn5Ev3.png

The shiny moon may also be made of green cheese, instead of the normal yellow kind.

Edited by dialNforNinja

hi,im new in here,just wanting to let you all know that im actually working in a moemon patch for the platinum version :D

But,the thing is...i really(REALLY) like your moemon patch(i know...)so...can i use your sprites? please :) (with all credits of course)

i will give you the copy of the patch.

im mainly into the pokemon sprites right now,i will try(some day) making one for the HG/SS with pokemon overworlds :3

can i have your permission...please...

moemon%20prueba_zpszta9r0ca.png

by the way,sorry if my english is kind of bad,k?

also,how can i make a spoiler box...

Edited by K0suk3

Okay :)

i just started today(but i have some exp in hack roms,and now even more :D)

by just thinking about the lil moemons following you in hg/ss is just... X3  xD

thats my goal :3   also,i´ll be probably listing soon the sprites i´m using in the hack along with the creator´s name.

--- if im forgetting someone,please let me know,k? ---

if everithing goes like OK ill be releasing the first patch tomorrow or past tomorrow :)