[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Just wanna say thank you for this patch! I love the moemon and it makes the game more fun, I think. Currently running a Nuzlocke (and somehow made it to Rock Tunnel without whiting).

Growlithe, in particular, is adorable.

You mentioned possibly adding moemon to HGSS. How is that coming along?

First of all, I want to give a big thank you to everyone working and helping out with the moemon project here.  I might not be able to draw sprites, but I at least wanted to do something useful, so I made a thing.

For anyone wanting to put trainer magikarp-tan into their game, I have put together a helpful do-it-yourself pack with all of the sprites saved as indexed 16-color bitmaps and a tutorial text file with instructions on how to insert them into a clean Fire Red ROM.  It even includes most of the tools needed.

Also, there's a folder of moemon sprites that I put together incuding some I modified and recolored for shiny sprites, and a folder of moemon icons.  The moemon sprites I gathered from this thread, the Japanese uploader someone linked to, and wherever else on the internet I could find more moemon sprites.  The icons came from a different moemon patch I found through a youtube video with a download link.

Anyways, here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddcyc4iz3dqfc76/moemon_&_magikarp-tan_pack.rar

Have fun!

Edit: Please use the updated version instead: https://www.mediafire.com/?9ufmugixr02rl2m

Edited by Kickern

Hi, i dont want be annoying but which are the current rayquaza/aggron sprites? cause i have seen pictures of them and found them really nice and then i was wondering if you changed them, i have other pokemons i wanted to know too but i forgot so i`ll ask later (hopefully not being annoying,also sorry about the grammar)

@Icarus
Why don't you [spoiler]download the patch and find out yourself? I'm not gonna ruin your fun for you. Gotta catch'em all, you know?[/spoiler]

well i was expecting this kind of reply, and i was aleadry playing it, i just asked cause it sucks to play so much and later find out that it was a shame for something in the game, i still like it whenever you changed or not but well thanks anyways

omg all the moemons are so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute >-<

First of all, I want to give a big thank you to everyone working and helping out with the moemon project here.  I might not be able to draw sprites, but I at least wanted to do something useful, so I made a thing.

For anyone wanting to put trainer magikarp-tan into their game, I have put together a helpful do-it-yourself pack with all of the sprites saved as indexed 16-color bitmaps and a tutorial text file with instructions on how to insert them into a clean Fire Red ROM.  It even includes most of the tools needed.

Also, there's a folder of moemon sprites that I put together incuding some I modified and recolored for shiny sprites, and a folder of moemon icons.  The moemon sprites I gathered from this thread, the Japanese uploader someone linked to, and wherever else on the internet I could find more moemon sprites.  The icons came from a different moemon patch I found through a youtube video with a download link.

Anyways, here is the download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ddcyc4iz3dqfc76/moemon_&_magikarp-tan_pack.rar

Have fun!

@Kickern tnx for the help on the magikarp-tan ^^ the only sad thing is that i tried to add it on emerald.... but there there inst any sprite for the acro bike! XD, but who knows maybe some day there will be

Edit!: seems like im having a little bit of problems adding magikarp-tan Q.Q i cant seem to add the ending.bmp the colors are getting messed up every time, even if i import image+palete.... i just wanted a cute magikarp Q.Q

Edited by azureal

Oh um i got to ask you 2 questions while i was playing, so um is the jolteon sprite supossed to be that obe or you plan to update it? Cause in a page iirc you And other members were discussing about a jolteon sprite that looks better than the current one. 2nd is.. Do you know any hack that works with tour patch that is featured in johto? I tried with crystal dust and líquid crystal but they kept crashing and glitches

@Firminus As it has been said before, the patch only changes sprites and does not affect gameplay.  You can try using a randomizer, though, if you gotta catch 'em all.

Anyways, I've updated my magikarp-tan pack, removing the need for a hex editor to do certain things in the tutorial, and updated most moemon sprites to match what the current patch (1.4) uses.

I already posted the new download link in my first post, but here it is again: https://www.mediafire.com/?9ufmugixr02rl2m