[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

First of all, I love your work im a sucker for pixel art like these and custom fire emblem animation.

I been playing moemon and well i got a simple question, is there a way to evolve my lvl 45 hunter? i though it would evolve by default at lv 35 or do I need to actually trade it? and is there an official emerald moemon becaue the one i was playing changed some sprites for example the geodude one, and well i like more the ones from your work.

PETITION TO CHANGE EXPLOUD SPRITE PRETTY PLEASE

I remember reading about this earlier on the thread, but it's just that PokeMMO doesn't really use Hoenn 'mons yet. However, I think everyone decided upon making the Whismur line musical (like violins, guitars, pianos, etc). You are free to redesign the sprites as well, the two avalible are honestly quite ugly. :)

First of all, I love your work im a sucker for pixel art like these and custom fire emblem animation.

I been playing moemon and well i got a simple question, is there a way to evolve my lvl 45 hunter? i though it would evolve by default at lv 35 or do I need to actually trade it? and is there an official emerald moemon becaue the one i was playing changed some sprites for example the geodude one, and well i like more the ones from your work.

Moemon is only a change to the sprites themselves. Mechanics aren't changed. However, if you manually import the sprites into a normal ROM, you can change evolution methods using the universal randomizer.

I don't know if you guys know this but there are tools and pathes that not only make pokemon evolveable without the national dex but theres also a 386 patch for hoen moemons in firered when mixed with the moemon patches.

Oh and johto moemons.

If anyone is curious i think the tool is called Misc. Editor and the patch is just firered 386.

Edited by Musica
please don't multi post. Make use of editing your post if you want to add more.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, Im trying now...for like..3-4 hours to get this Trainer Magicarp to work but it wont >-< can someone PLEASE help me?

My Ikarus patch + Moemon includes trainer magikarp…just saying.

But if you want to manually insert it yourself, use NSE2.0 to do it (or any other sprite editor)

What to do:

1. Open up NSE2.0

2. Make up your mind what you want to edit.

a. Trainer card: Open up Plugin for Trainers and navigate to female main character (click the right/left arrows).

b. Overworld: Open up Plugin for Overworlds, navigate to female main character

c. Girl throwing Pokeball: No plugins for this! Just use main menu to navigate to the girl throwing poke ball sprite. Have to search it for yourself. It's there.

3. Replace the original images with your new over world or sprites: Click insert image, select your image, and save. Click insert palette, select your palette (that corresponds to your image), and save.

Notes:

*If it asks to repoint at any time (it shouldn't), click OK to see what happens. If it messes up your rom, you will have to use Free Space Finder (FSF) to find free space in the rom. PM me for this step, but I doubt this will occur.

**The magikarp-tan image should already be indexed and palette given.

Google is your friend

Edited by Ikarus

My Ikarus patch + Moemon includes trainer magikarp…just saying.

But if you want to manually insert it yourself, use NSE2.0 to do it (or any other sprite editor)

What to do:

1. Open up NSE2.0

2. Make up your mind what you want to edit.

a. Trainer card: Open up Plugin for Trainers and navigate to female main character (click the right/left arrows).

b. Overworld: Open up Plugin for Overworlds, navigate to female main character

c. Girl throwing Pokeball: No plugins for this! Just use main menu to navigate to the girl throwing poke ball sprite. Have to search it for yourself. It's there.

3. Replace the original images with your new over world or sprites: Click insert image, select your image, and save. Click insert palette, select your palette (that corresponds to your image), and save.

Notes:

*If it asks to repoint at any time (it shouldn't), click OK to see what happens. If it messes up your rom, you will have to use Free Space Finder (FSF) to find free space in the rom. PM me for this step, but I doubt this will occur.

**The magikarp-tan image should already be indexed and palette given.

Google is your friend

I downloaded and used your moemon patch but magikarp-tan isn't there? and trying to place her in myself isn't working D: