[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Rache

Your Duduo has better body and I prefer your right side bang, but I feel my original face/expression and flame's spikier looking hair are cuter. I think the left hand change is alright, but you need to change the right hand too to make it look more in sync.

Oh and on a side note could this Cobalon be remade into a skarmory? ms33200.png

It's pretty hard to imagine Skarmory as a moemon but I'm guessing those sleeves are turning into steel wings. I imagine skarmory standing straight up with her feet close together although a martial arts style stance works. I'm not sure a sword would be nessecary since the wings my count as swords.

It's pretty hard to imagine Skarmory as a moemon but I'm guessing those sleeves are turning into steel wings. I imagine skarmory standing straight up with her feet close together although a martial arts style stance works. I'm not sure a sword would be nessecary since the wings my count as swords.

[spoiler]skarmory_by_nelsinki-d65imyc.jpg[/spoiler]

Our current Skarmory is similar.

5_zps57649a1d.png

@flame

It looks okay-ish right now, but it's still quite far from the design picture. You don't have to convert our current Ivysaur if you have trouble with it; you are free to use another sprite as base. To be honest I feel you'd have an easier time using this Venusaur-edit as base since it has similar hair and body. 

idsi68.png

If you want to keep working on what you got so far though

1. Shrink the head flower and move it rightward and in front of the 'horn' 

2. Reorganize the palette. The leaf's green is a different green, and the sleeves/leggings will be the same palette color. You're gonna need to add a darker tone for the 'spots', and if you have palette leftover, a yellow would be nice for the linings of the outfit.

3. Move the dress lower since she shows off more of the upperchest. The side opening you will need to enlarge (open more leftward and downward)

4. Hairband

5. Reshape the hair a bit

6. Expression/eye shape change is optional.

Again, the Ivysaur second revamp isn't as high priority as other Moemons. You can always come back to this later.

@axx

Yeah, the front sprite's hair is just different from backsprite's. The front is really like Tangela, while the back doesn't reflect it at all. Make a choice between the two. I actually recommend sticking to the 'Tangela' one since your front looks really good.

As it seems not only have I failed to change the Ivysaur , I also have BIG problems doing the backsprite of Doduo.....

I think I wasted all my creative energy in the first days of spriting T_T

anyway this is my current ,,version,, of the doduo backsprite dodu+backb.png

@Rache
That looks good. The left hand I feel should be changed so it shows the back of the hand for a more natural pose. Take the back sprite flame did above or your own edit and finish it up.

@flame
That's why I try to keep my hands off them unless I have to. It distorts your perceptions when you work within limits. Do a normal sketch of your favorite moemon or something before you jump back into spriting. I'll try to make back for Grimer later.

I'll look at your Sprite more closely when I get off work.

@flame

I recognize dat ass.

[spoiler]wtwz09.jpg[/spoiler]

I don't have more time today to show you an edit, but a lot of your proportion are off because you tried to squeeze her into the frame. Her head is short, her legs are too skinny, the feet shading looks a bit wonky, don't follow exactly and just have her right sleeve hanging instead of holding in her hand, and the braid is coming out from an awkward angle (looks like it comes from her neck right now instead of the back of the head). There's more stuff here and there, but it's probably because of the proportion issue. Address that first.

v5elwl.png2wmfmmf.png

Messy work. 14 palette at the time, and I've actually added an extra palette for the back hair you don't have in the front.

@axx

34plt78.png20h7l9c.jpg

Maybe something like this. I'm shitty when it comes to technical/neatness, you can fix it up as you see fit.

Edit:

Less horny version. Personal opinion, but she'll look a lot less monster-like when you incorporate the horn into the hair. Y/N?

25svjb6.png

@moetal

I be dying in stuff to do thats why I didnt post before x.x

That backsprite is looking awesome now, and I feel the horn is needed since its part of what differentiates laprass.

edit:

Ill take a look at it at some point this week (just minor things, now I feel backsprite is more curly than front). sleep is overrated anyways...

65r61w.png

@Moetal 

v5elwl.png2wmfmmf.png

That backsprite looks awesome. :o

I will get to changing the dodrio sprite as soon as I can, but I will be away for a few days (3-4).

Oh and I have been looking for that picture 

Spoiler 

I knew it was something pokemon related but I forgot what it was. I did the sprite based on a sketch I have on paper :D

....It looks like I still cant use the whole spoiler thing....

@Alex
So let me get this straight: you want to apply a moemon patch specifically for FireRed on omega and expect it work, then actually have the guts to ask what you did wrong/ask for help here? Please go and never come back.

There are no stupid questions; there are only stupid people.

well that was harsh and here i wanted to help in the end but no it was fire red omega its a rom if theres a site i dont know whats up with it i didnt know this patch is for a clean only fire red i can use the moemon on the fire red omega rom but not your patch im sorry i didnt mean to offend you guys...

@Alex

Again, you asked a really terrible question or at least, the way you asked it was highly inappropriate. Think about it this way: You're trying to drink a bowl of soup, and for some reason, you thought it was a good idea to use a fork instead of a spoon because "hey why not they're similar". Things don't go your way, and you actually dare to ask "WHY CAN'T I DRINK MY SOUP WITH A FORK?" Use your brain for once please. I don't think you can help us when you can't even help yourself. Yes, I'm actually extremely offended. 

@Ceberux
Not wanting to sound rude here but, before asking questions (i know this is tiresome to do but) please look through the forum pages to check for the answer and save yourself being scolded by Moegod/Moetal.

I've seen about 3-5 people ask this same question, and I'm pretty sure it's already been answered.

If it hasnt and you have acrually checked then, pardon me and wait for Moetal or some other smarter person to help you out cuz im noob.