[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@flameBRS

Grimer looks good, but I'd say you should keep the eyes the same color as Muk (or change Muk's). You can edit that Cobalon into Skarmory if you want, but I'm actually really fond of the current one we have. I have to see how your edit looks like before I make a decision to replace or not. Again, there are a lot of other moemon that should be completed first, and a lot of incomplete that I really want you to try your hands on. I'll compile them later when I get off work.

Screw it, YOLO.

[spoiler]2nrowox.png[[/spoiler]

[spoiler]2w7o1w5.jpg[/spoiler]

pigey_zps1102c9ec.pngu0YQcmf.png11waa76.png34i4riu.pngvF8zyPm.pngD3JrwDA.png

2646k5f.png11cfjib.png

[spoiler]moemon__pidgey_line_by_cocolin-d7fli97.p[/spoiler]

I personally feel both Magi's Wartortle and Ivysaur weren't moe enough. Wartorle's design weren't exactly what I had in mind, and Blastoise is borderline. Ivysaur's face went under like 9000 fixes and we still couldn't get it right. I was not particularly fond of that skirt either. For Venusaur, Magi promised me the Princess version, but who knows when he will actually get on it.

The Duduo is pretty much at a dead end, but I really feel it has potential. This is the sprite I want you to work on the most really. 

The other ones are Rache's. I think she exhausted herself on these already, so if she doesn't mind you can finish them up or at least take parts or inspiration from them.

[spoiler]14aidxy.png[/spoiler]

I also want this Pikachu, but that can wait.

@Moetal That Doduo look really good I will work on it as soon as I finish ( and start ) the backsprite of Grimer.

The other sprites are...well I dont think I can work with them expet for hypno, that hypno has a good pose.

But as I said first I will finish the back sprite and maybe try to turn this Dusknoir 477Aa_Yonoir.png into weezing.

The other ones are Rache's. I think she exhausted herself on these already, so if she doesn't mind you can finish them up or at least take parts or inspiration from them.

[spoiler]14aidxy.png[/spoiler]

I also want this Pikachu, but that can wait.

I don't mind them being worked on, although I'll be able to make changes myself soon.

As for the Pikachu, I have this one that I started work on around the same time as the Raichu. Should I keep going with it or turn it into something else?

6ecff7242c.png

Here is the weezing/dusknoir I was talking about moemon_weezing_by_riderofwind-d7qdrz3.pn

Oh and I would be REEEEEALLLLYY happy if somebody would do the grimer backsprite for me. I keep failing at everything that has to do with slime back hair...... -_-

>blonde
Are you trying to kill me?
I feel you can change the outfit more to incorporate Weezing's characteristics a bit more, like make it more biker like.

I changed the leg pose and the shading of the eyes a bit the skirt/dress is still not finished. Actually I havent really started to work on it yet :D. I am just posting it to ask if the idea of a leaf covering the mouth works, because I am having some trouble drawing Ivysaurs expression....

Ivisaurb.png

>blonde
Are you trying to kill me? 
I feel you can change the outfit more to incorporate Weezing's characteristics a bit more, like make it more biker like. 

For now I am going to stop working on the weezing but in the future I will change her hair to black and remake the clothes.

@flameBRS

Ivysaur's eyes are definitely an improvement. You can put the leaf over her mouth if you want, but you're gonna need to redraw that hand/leaf. I can actually do the mouth for you if you have trouble with it. I still want it to follow closer to the design I posted (longer hair, shrinking and moving the flower, etc but omit the second flower behind her waist). The legs are a bit wonky right now, but probably because it's still in a rough stage.

Edit: Wait, did you use the Ivysaur from the first page or something? I think you are using the 'original' size one. I've made shrink versions of it to make it more of the same size as the second evolution of the starters. The first two are your for side-by-side comparison. The third one is the one we are currently using in game (I think? I'm not fully sure actually). The other two are Magi's personal edits.

Ivisaurb.png29glrao.png002%20IvysaurV3.3%20Front%20x2.png002%20IvysaurV3.4%20Front%20x2.pngidsi68.png

The last one is actually my attempt to convert Magi's Venusaur into Ivysaur back then. Never really finished.

I'm actually okay with Weezing being blonde since the marking on its belly are yellowy. Black would rather feel unnatural since Weezing is mainly three color: 'cream' yellow markings, purple body, and white eye/fangs. I recommend keeping it blonde or turning it white. 

White hair Doduo looks really out of place since it's mainly yellow colored. If anything, use either the beak color or black (original's neck color) for the hair. I like what you did to the hair shapes and the accessory. That one stray curly strand of hair on the right side disturbs me though; I feel it should be shorter, and/or add a bit more hair in between it and the rest of the hair on the left. The red parts on her outfit should actually turn black or beak color to look more fitting, but I'm open to design changes and suggestions. 

Please use the spoiler tag for the larger images.

@Moetal

I dont know what version of Ivysaur I was using since I used the one I already had in my PC. As for the leaf I think I will do 2 versions of it, one with the leaf and one without it. The waist flower will be a bit of a problem, but I had this idea of putting a flower in her hand instead of the leaf. How does that sound? 

Oh I forgot, the reason why I always post 128x12 images is because I think they look a bit better but if it is a problem to resize them I will gladly put both the bigger and smaller versions.

ooooohhhh aaaaand I am kind of new to this forum soooo I dont really know how to put the spoiler thing :P

@flameBRS
Well, the keypoint is just make sure she isn't too large or tiny. She should be around 64 pixels tall if she was in a standing pose. I wouldn't want you to do an amazing work then realize we have it too large or tiny. No, I said OMIT, as in don't do the waist flower. I don't think we need a second flower as long we got the one on her hair as accessory. 

Edit: I don't need the 64x64 version until the end. I can make it from your 128x128 most of the time, but I will ask if there's a problem.

[spoiler]Your image link here[/spoiler]

@flame

When I say size, I mean the scale of the Moemon. Starters, for example, are small, so they are about 80% of the frame. Second stage are taking up the entire full frame from top to bottom, while final stages such as Blastoise should have their legs bend + taking the entire frame to show size difference.

Second Doduo looks better. The left one looks a bit too red than orange. Remember to change the hair strand on the right.

That reminds me - I made my own edit of the Doduo when it was posted, but wasn't going to show it until I had fixed the backsprite (which never happened, but I can add it to my to-do list if you'd like). I figure that it's relevant now, so... If it's useful, feel free to do what you will with it. Changed the sleeves to black to better reflect the Pokemon (since Doduo has black necks) as well as give me more of a palette to work with.

OfAdAsw.png