[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@axx

I'm a bit busy this week, but when I have time, I'll make some minor edits for you. I think you are overworking on this sprite and end up losing a lot of good traits you had earlier. Move on and come back to this later.

Hello guys, I have been watching this project ever since it started and I only recently found time to actually post a reply. If it doesent bother you I would like to help you with spriting. I dont have that much experience with spriting itself but I do paint digitally quite frequently.As a sample I tried to make a moemon version of muk based on this picture Muk.jpg

here is my version moemon_muk_sprite_by_riderofwind-d7q3h2b

hope it helps :)

Houndoom appears as a square of chaos... Is this a download/ROM problem on my end?

If you have an overworld patch applied to your rom, the two tend to clash a bit and cause this. Your options are to either uninstall the overworld patch or manually insert the Moemon sprites.

@flameBRS

I think it looks great. The neck's lines are a bit over-exaggerated (and ended up looking like a granny) and the body is a bit wide, so I've taken the privilege to trim it for you. The skin tone change is optional, but I recommend changing it to make it stand out more from the purple. I'd say you got enough room to add the Mug hand back in. Face is also optional change.

330wa4j.png9h80hz.png

15 palette atm, you can add another color if you want. If you can drop another color (or if you want to drop the mouth red completely), you can turn the eyes back into blue/green.

Edit:

@axx

21f0akz.png

You can probably make the back hair lines smoother, but that's generally what I am aiming for. Don't overdo the strands unless you really want it to look like Tangela. You can readd a bit here and there to the the front bang also if you want.

If you have an overworld patch applied to your rom, the two tend to clash a bit and cause this. Your options are to either uninstall the overworld patch or manually insert the Moemon sprites.

Gotcha, thanks for the reply

@flameBRS

I think it looks great. The neck's lines are a bit over-exaggerated (and ended up looking like a granny) and the body is a bit wide, so I've taken the privilege to trim it for you. The skin tone change is optional, but I recommend changing it to make it stand out more from the purple. I'd say you got enough room to add the Mug hand back in. Face is also optional change.

330wa4j.png9h80hz.png

15 palette atm, you can add another color if you want. If you can drop another color (or if you want to drop the mouth red completely), you can turn the eyes back into blue/green.

All the changes that you made are great expet the face....I dont know why but I personally think that a Muk should stare at you with some sort of ,,blank,, expression but maybe that is just me. I made the skin color as close to purple as I could in an attempt to make Muk look a bit like a slime girl but this works too :)

Here is another version of her face maybe this one is better,the skin doesent matter, really. moemon_muk_2_by_riderofwind-d7q7ym7.png

Oh and here is my verson of Gardevoir. I think the clothes and pose is good but I failed her head,anyway feel free to use it how you like moemon_gardevoir_by_riderofwind-d7q7yei.

P.S. : I am not really a native english speaker so if I make some stupid mistakes , please have patience with me :D

Oh and here is my verson of Gardevoir. I think the clothes and pose is good but I failed her head,anyway feel free to use it how you like moemon_gardevoir_by_riderofwind-d7q7yei.

P.S. : I am not really a native english speaker so if I make some stupid mistakes , please have patience with me :D

Gardevoir has been redone so many times. There are plenty of other sprites that need attention.

@flameBRS

Your Muk is acceptable quality now. I can import it if you can make a backsprite and Grimer sprites also.

Edit: For the skin tone, I feel you either go all the way purple like goo girl or you don't. Halfway skin color just looks funky. In this case, I'd side with natural skin color than make her purple.

Your Gardevoir has her charm, but I feel those hands are a bit wonky. While I appreciate your effort to make Gardevoir, I feel there are plenty other Moemon that desperately needs your talent and time. You are free to continue on this sprite through.

There are a lot of incomplete sprites in the thread actually, so if you want please feel free to finish or polish them up so we can actually import them. *cough*Racheandhertonsofincompletes*cough* I can compile them together for you if you want.

I'd rather have broken English than no English. Besides, your English is actually really good compare to even some native speakers. I'm not a native English speaker either, but I learned enough broken English to get through life with.

@moetal

do you have a 1:1 version of your edit?

the front sprite is alright for me, just will edit the hair of the backsprite, also true about the tangela thing haha

All the changes that you made are great expet the face....I dont know why but I personally think that a Muk should stare at you with some sort of ,,blank,, expression but maybe that is just me. I made the skin color as close to purple as I could in an attempt to make Muk look a bit like a slime girl but this works too :)

Here is another version of her face maybe this one is better,the skin doesent matter, really. moemon_muk_2_by_riderofwind-d7q7ym7.png

Now that Muk. That is just sexy.

I love you sir.

@flameBRS

Your Muk is acceptable quality now. I can import it if you can make a backsprite and Grimer sprites also.

Edit: For the skin tone, I feel you either go all the way purple like goo girl or you don't. Halfway skin color just looks funky. In this case, I'd side with natural skin color than make her purple.

Your Gardevoir has her charm, but I feel those hands are a bit wonky. While I appreciate your effort to make Gardevoir, I feel there are plenty other Moemon that desperately needs your talent and time. You are free to continue on this sprite through.

There are a lot of incomplete sprites in the thread actually, so if you want please feel free to finish or polish them up so we can actually import them. *cough*Racheandhertonsofincompletes*cough* I can compile them together for you if you want.

I'd rather have broken English than no English. Besides, your English is actually really good compare to even some native speakers. I'm not a native English speaker either, but I learned enough broken English to get through life with.

Yeah, compiling the unfinished sprites would really help, but for now I will work on the backsprite of Muk and then try to do grimer.

Now that Muk. That is just sexy.

I love you sir.

I changed the hairstyle of Muk a bit since I had some problems doing the back sprite for it moemon_muk_3_by_riderofwind-d7qbx4i.png

And here is the backsprite moemon_muk_back_by_riderofwind-d7qbx77.p

again feel free to change it up as much as you like

Teach me your ways, flame-sensei

I would love to but I suck at teaching people how to do stuff, sorry xD

@flameBRS

The backsprite's back of the head is too long. Move it rightward a bit (and the rest of the hair if you want). Lower the purple on the chest or remove it completely; even one side is good enough. Her frontsprite shows the purple part pretty low on her chest, so unless you change the front, it won't reflect perfectly.

@flameBRS

The backsprite's back of the head is too long. Move it rightward a bit (and the rest of the hair if you want). Lower the purple on the chest or remove it completely; even one side is good enough. Her frontsprite shows the purple part pretty low on her chest, so unless you change the front, it won't reflect perfectly.

Done but I dont know exactly what you mean by back of the head so I just moved the left side of the hair a bit to the right.moemon_muk_back_2_by_riderofwind-d7qc37k

Also I am working on the Grimer sprite.