[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Regular

That's actually really good in terms of quality. Proportion wise she is a bit tiny to be used since Steelix is huge, so she need to take up the entire frame with her legs bend at least (because of our new standard). Design wise, all you had to do was give her a bit of hair and skin color so it looks more like a human than a robot knight. See below, I just slapped on some skin tone and some parts from the current Steelix and you can see it as a Moemon already. Gender wise, if you want it to be male, you're going to have to change the way you did your eyes since the ones you made are more feminine/childish than masculine.

292r7mo.png

@Bulba

@egg

It looks fine except for the tail on the backsprite and the eyes feels a bit jumboed up. The tail's shading shouldn't be going from left to right like a perfect flip. Keep the light source to one side.

Use this site: http://gifmaker.me/ or any other site you see fit.

Crop and use your two frames and see if they look natural when you animate them. Repeat for all three views.

Is going back one page that hard?

@Chras

I'm not very organized when it comes to sprite. I don't have the sprites collected together. Just extract them from your rom or go through the thread to find the sprites you need yourself. NSE2.0 is the tool to extract sprites by the way.

@Bulba

Is going back one page that hard?

Sorry, must have missed it. I'm a little tired -.-     TWO77Jx.gif                 a1kJUeO.gif             LSaTKBN.gif

I May or may not have been watching High school Of the Dead when I asked how to make GIFs.

@Bulba

No offense, but you really need to go back and read stuff. The entire last page was pretty much focused on working on the follower and making it smooth. If you are tired, just go rest and come back another time.

2v1w9hf.gif

Your front animation isn't properly cropped so it got misaligned. Your back animation is okay-ish but the hair feels really bumpy still. The side animation wasn't updated at all. We used a different frame for the side walking animation because the one we previously used didn't feel smooth. Egg took the time to experiment and made templates, please make use of them.

Sup

XrgvlKV.png

NyxSlhf.gifJk3ObgH.gifwUufcFc.gif

bj1O9QT.png 8qdAfiy.pngGIiNUcT.png 263p0xI.png - wg76T57.png Gp6HRkn.png

Edit history:

[spoiler]

Ver1: yxoE88A.gif

Hmm. Looking at the side view again, the hat looks kind of small. I'll fiddle with it.

Ver 2:KxcykuA.gif Fixed.

Ver 3: hPO1lVw.gif Politoed said it's weird. Flattened the hat a little.

Ver 4: Jk3ObgH.gif Completely disregarded momo's feedback (sorry) on how to angle the hat, but I tried to angle the hat. I did end up lowering it by a pixel, though. Updated op to this.

[/spoiler]

@egg
Try making the hat longer (move the bottom edge down, top edge is fine) since her hat is actually angled instead of sitting on top of her head. Your side view has it end at roughly the level I want. The other two view looks fine.

Edit: Maybe you can flatten the top of the hat for side view a bit. Not completely flatten, but a bit more straight than now maybe.

Well, it used to be flatter. I'm trying to keep the hat consistent with the other views.

Basicaly, int he mugshots, I feel like the hat became smaller in the side view. So it's difficult to find the right balance :P

If I flatten the top (like how it was before), it feels like the character suddenly shrunk when turning around.

The highest point of the hat has to be at that height. I can only adjust the curving.

And, the bottom end of it is actually already lower than on the back view.

If anything, I might try and clear some more front-head space to get that not-gravitationally-logical effect.

Edit: new version in post above

also, if there are previous versions that look closer to what you want, I have still the files for each version that is in the edit history, if you need me to restart from somewhere prior.

Sup

XrgvlKV.png

NyxSlhf.gifJk3ObgH.gifwUufcFc.gif

bj1O9QT.png 8qdAfiy.pngGIiNUcT.png 263p0xI.png - wg76T57.png Gp6HRkn.png

Edit history:

[spoiler]

Ver1: yxoE88A.gif

Hmm. Looking at the side view again, the hat looks kind of small. I'll fiddle with it.

Ver 2:KxcykuA.gif Fixed.

Ver 3: hPO1lVw.gif Politoed said it's weird. Flattened the hat a little.

Ver 4: Jk3ObgH.gif Completely disregarded momo's feedback (sorry) on how to angle the hat, but I tried to angle the hat. I did end up lowering it by a pixel, though. Updated op to this.

[/spoiler]

Damn,Your work is fantastic.