[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

11cfjib.png

I'm a bit tired to see straight, so I'll probably pick up on more things and maybe redo the faces again later. For front sprite, the arms are too low and consequentially the rest of the body got squished up. The feet change is optional, but I feel she's really off balanced when you point the toes inward like that. For back sprite, the left wing just need to be moved up a bit, and the goggles/head shape was a bit strange and a bit of trimming here and there will do.

NAW! ... O.O sorry T.T

btw, i captured a shiny weedle yesterday in class! Yelled so hard! Yeah yeah, its just a weedle, but its my first wild shiny! Good luck with the pidgey line! ;)

Congrats! Bet that was awkward.

But this really isn't the place to announce your first shiny... #WhiteText

@egg

It looks fine except for the tail on the backsprite and the eyes feels a bit jumboed up. The tail's shading shouldn't be going from left to right like a perfect flip. Keep the light source to one side.

Use this site: http://gifmaker.me/ or any other site you see fit.

Crop and use your two frames and see if they look natural when you animate them. Repeat for all three views.

@egg

The front and back looks great. The side sprite's second frame looks a bit off sync because her head is moved down and left. Move the head right and up a pixel or so and have the head in the same position as the first frame. Also, maybe make the bottom of the tail of the second frame a bit higher; I can't tell if it is really necessary until you move the head.

We'll need to update the templates also later depending on how this fix goes.

I moved the 1st frame head one pixel left because it was indeed my mistake.

But other than that, the weird effect is from the project calis template itself.

Child (eevee base): L6lapXV.gif Adult Female: I5soDEp.gif

I think the guy just messed up his shadows or something. Either that, or the shadows don't align in each frame, but that seems weird.

So, I think this is the correct position:

4vBWi48.gif

I aligned it this way because in-game, followers' heads don't move, only the body.

I didn't bother re-drawing the shadow because there are no shadows in-game. I could if you want me to, but I think they should all be removed anyway.

Anyway, how does it look?

@egg
Try a variation with the head dropping and going up by a pixel as she moves. It looks like she is sliding if the head doesn't move. Your original tail might be better actually, fixed tail doesn't move at all now.

So, I went for something else.

It really drives me nuts that you can't tell the difference between left and right leg from side view even on the original template.

So instead of using left/right leg frames, I switched to walk/stop frames.

Zb0r4wV.gif

Is this not much better?

I want your input on this one before I try thing you suggested. I feel this is what we want.

Also, I knew very well you're perfectionist before I started  :P I was prepared. Don't worry.

Child Short Hair: OhFUJv2.png  Child Long Hair: OpLdxN6.png

Medium Short Hair: 5vEFLzA.png  Medium Long Hair: 12CMPcn.png

Adult Short Hair: ZOhJ7Of.png  Adult Long Hair: ilMn2SJ.png

Every character is positioned correctly in a 32x32 grid in a way that they'll animate correctly if you overlay them. Their feet are also always on the bottom border of their tile.

With this, I'm off to bed. I'll make another follower tomorrow hopefully.

@Miku

I don't see the benefit of making a Moemon version of his CrystalDust game when it cannot be used on PokeMMO. Please think about what you say before you post. I've ignored your previous post questions for a reason when the answer is right in front of you/obvious.

[spoiler]15iown.jpg[/spoiler]

Moetal, you should try working with diegoisawesome to make a moemon version of his CrystalDust patch.

It may use Emerald as a base but everything he uses is from FireRed.

Im pretty sure all u need to do is simply patch it with the Moemon Emrald ips if u want Moemon on it. Other than that, please remember that this is a Pokemmo forum, hence why this moemon fire red is mainly for the pokemmo ((if what i said just made sense))