[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Moltres' head could be two pixel smaller. And Articuno's face may look better when showing a tad more skin, as it currently looks somewhat cramped/tiny compared to the other two birds. Bonus points if both Articuno's and Zapdos' wings were the same size as Moltres'.

Edited by Kamigoroshi

@Kickern

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy with my studies and work.

I really like your most recent edits to Articuno.
The turqoise looks a little off on Articuno though; with this cold stare and the smile, she looks more like a Yandere instead of a ''cool'' type of cold, somewhat emotionless stare, like a Kuudere, for instance.
The latte would fit very well with Articuno pertaining the facial expression in my opinion, but it's moemon after all, so I'm fine wit cutesy shit, too, I personally like this stuff. :3

As for the palette, maybe change her ribbon into a darker shade of blue, while the eyes get either a light blue (not turqoise) color, or an even darker blue tone as the ribbon would get.
As for the body, a light blue would work out too, similar to the gloves.

I know that people said that Articuno looked too blue otherwise, but I was thinking about it.
If we compare it with the original, Articuno generally consists of blue.
Maybe, we will simply have to put in more details to the moemon sprite to make it look less ''bland'', so that all this blue doesn't strike people, that see it for the first time, as ''a big blue blob''.

No idea if making the general design of the sprite more detailed is even viable, nor do I know how to specify what exactly I mean under ''the sprite becoming more detailed''.
It's simply a question of expression and perspective, I guess.
What exactly are we trying to express with Articuono?
Like, what do we want the player to think about the sprite, when he encounters this moemon?

@General

The bird trio looks nice.
Moltres wings look kinda small/cramped, to be honest, like it can't extend its wings properly.
I can see that the room for extending it is probably somewhat limited.
In general, I agree with the wings of all the legendary birds being slightly taller/wider, while also being varied.

As in:

Zapdos ----> spiky wings ('cause it's an electro type)

Articuono ----> broad wings, kinda similar to a fan, which looks kinda elegant (works for an ice-type, imo)

Moltres ----> ... chicken wings? (fire type, obviously; not sure if the flames could extend slightly over the actual wings and it still looking like ''flames'', and not like a variation of Zapdos' spiky wings)

@toottoot

Your drafts are amazing, very nice designs you have there!
I personally think that a kimono would be fitting better than a mahou shoujo kind-of costume, but since the other legendary birds have mahou shoujo designs as well, Articuno wouldn't be consistent with its design in comparison to Zapdos and Moltres.
If you guys go down the route of making a sprite for this one, by all means, go for it, as I can imagine it to become a potentially very neat design. :3

Also, hope you'll be able to sprite in the near future, sorry to hear that your laptop is broken. :/

@CrookedWings427

http://rs349.pbsrc.com/albums/q370/Crooked_Wings66/Mobile Uploads/poly 2_2.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

This looks really nice, a very good sprite.
The hair looks, in comparison to the other three designs you posted as of recent, the best, in my opinion.
I will have to agree though that the pose looks kinda off.
Why is her right (our left) hand behind her, instead of putting it on her waist?
Also, the left glove looks bigger than her right one.

As for the legs, it kinda looks like a cheerleader cheering you on.
While this does indeed look pretty cute and stuff, is there another pose we could try?
I don't know why, but I feel like that kind of pose doesn't fit with poliwhirl.
But that's probably just my own preference here, feel free to disagree. :)

As for the hair, shouldn't we leave the duts to Poliwrath?
That's actually why I really liked your Poliwhirl design with the hair I just linked to that you made.
Just saying. :o

Also also, I really love the new Growlithe sprite, but agree that it currently looks way too much like Arcanine.

http://i.imgur.com/X9xUECl.png

This here looks like a very neat attempt so far, but since it's Growlithe, the hair should be not as long.
Maybe, make it up to the shoulders in length?
Not sure if it has to be a ponytail again, or not, but I feel like incorporating a ponytail with Growlithe while keeping this ''swingy hair'' like with Arcanine could be difficult to accomplish.
Should we try open hair?
I don't know. :o

Well, in the end, you guys do all the work, I can't do shit with pixels.
If you listen to my points or not is up to you; I am however glad whenever I can see that my advice has been put into consideration.
Thanks a lot, guys. ^-^
The pose however is very fitting, but something seems off about how Growlithe stands, probably the angle.

All three birds' wings are not aligned with the body.  Articuno and Moltres' wings are facing directly forward but their bodies are tilted.  While Zapdos' wings are tilted in the right direction, but not enough to match the angle the body is facing.

Also Zapdos looks like Kawakami Mai.

281%20Kirlia%20Back%20v1a%20x2.png281%20Kirlia%20Front%20v2b%20x2.png

282%20Gardevoir%20Back%20v3a%20x2.png282%20Gardevoir%20Front%20v3f%20x2.png

Possible alternate eye for Gardevoir

Edit:

284 Masquerain Front Edit v1a x2.png

Edited by McMagister