[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal

Made some edits

The shading on her right (our left) twin tail is tricky. Because, though the light source is coming from the right, the twin tail should be flowing behind her. I took out the highlights and added darker shading, so i hope it makes sense now. 

I made her face shorter and went more with the moe face magi taught me about (her hair should appear to be blocking part of the left side of her face (our right)). She was missing the left strand of hair, so i added that to make it semetrical. Lightened the darkest shade of blue so it could be utilized for more than just a second color for outlining. Also removed one pixel of blush on each side cause to me it looked like her blush was overlapping her eyes. 

Plus other small shading and anatomy edits. 

Before                                After

wrath_1.png (128×128)wrath.png (128×128)

Im really happy with her right now but im sure ill find more mistakes x.x

Its strange working on my first sprite again xD

Edit: do her boobs look too big to anyone else?  x.x

The first poliwrath xDDD

dotpict_20150917_081827.png (128×128)

@Kickern @toottoot

I made a poliwhirl without goggles but my app force closed before i could save >.< ill redo it. 

Edited by CrookedWings427
1 hour ago, Kickern said:

Made some edits to Girafarig to make shiny not have a blue mouth:

jxTdlCI.png

Tried adding blush with the new color, but she might look better without it.

I may have to play with the shiny palette more later.

I think it kinda looks odd because of the way both her legs are facing towards the middle kinda like they're forced. If the feet were more obvious and pointing towards the center it might look more natural but it might look better if the right leg was facing a different direction

@toottoot

I personally love all your designs though, so please don't take too harshly :)

Well, I agree that Poliwhirl's bust is a little too big now, even for an evolved Pokemon.

On another note, we now have a nice Totodile.

Wished the three legendary birds would take the cake though.

Speaking of which, doesn't articuno look kinda irritating with the red in it?

I get that we wanted to make the designs kinda similar to mahou shoujo girls from anime and stuff, but wouldn't Japanese mythology work out, too?

For articuno, we could base the design on Yuki-onna, for example.

The red on the mahou shoujo dress looks kinda irritating on articuno, in my opinion.

I know that a lot of people said that there was otherwise too much blue in the sprite, but wouldn't another aproach on its design do the trick?

I'd imagine a Yuki-onna giving off an elegant vibe - perfect for a legendary Pokemon such as articuno.

Maybe, finding a balance between white and several shades of blue based on a Yuki-onna design would make the sprite look less blue-ish.

Feel free to disagree, just my two cents. :3

I know this may sound a little left field, but does anyone have a modified GBA format rom of Fire Red (or any other gen 3 rom) that allows all Pokemon to get caught without outside help, one that would be compatible with the latest patch? I would like to take advantage of the game fully, instead of being limited in what can be caught. I know Fire Red Omega was able to work this way in the past, but no longer will cooperate with the more recent patches. It's a bit disheartening to see some of the changes, knowing I won't be able to catch then, especially only using a GBA emulator on my phone like I do. 

Just now, SOAForever said:

I know this may sound a little left field, but does anyone have a modified GBA format rom of Fire Red (or any other gen 3 rom) that allows all Pokemon to get caught without outside help, one that would be compatible with the latest patch? I would like to take advantage of the game fully, instead of being limited in what can be caught. I know Fire Red Omega was able to work this way in the past, but no longer will cooperate with the more recent patches. It's a bit disheartening to see some of the changes, knowing I won't be able to catch then, especially only using a GBA emulator on my phone like I do. 

You'll have to look elsewhere for a ROM like that, it's against the rules to distribute them here.