[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Majena

Better.  Magnemite looks good.  Want to try your hand at the back sprite?

@CrookedWings427

Heracross looks much better now.  Back sprite?

Edit:

Trying something.  Not sure if better or worse.

SbDyL4h.png

@burningscarlet

Latios is male only.  Let's keep it that way.

@laGashetaHardcore

Poliwag's arms don't look right, otherwise nice edits to the family.

Edited by Kickern

I think its starting to look moe ^-^"kingdra8_9.png (256×128)

@laGashetaHardcore

It looks good, maybe try softening the outline on the hands in the backsprite? Also, it might just be me, but i think the hair might be a pixel too long. 

@McMagister

Do you mean shiftry?

Yeah its been bothering me, shiftrys eyes are yellow but i want to use the green, it would also free up a color. Ill make a green eyed version just to see. Heracross' eyes are bothering me too but idk what to do about those. 

Edit

Green eyed shiftry! 

shifty2_2.png (128×128)

@Kickern

Looks good! Ill work on the back sprite after today's kingdra edits :)

Edited by CrookedWings427

@CrookedWings427

hera3.png

Enlarged and stuff.

@laGashetaHardcore

Stuff added: Seel, Dewgong, Golduck (I still think the face could be better), Iggy, Azurmarill, Jolteon edit, loli Tangela

Stuff I need in 256x64 (because I am lazy): Charmander edit, Butterfree edit, Nidoqueen edit, Beedrill (butt only, no feet), Gardevoir family, Smeargle below, "smaller head" Beautifly, Jiggly and Wiggly, Fearow, Hariyama, Kabuto/Kabutops, Slugma

Spoiler

ohjplg.png4ryq1e.png1zyklqp.pngw0gowz.pngMdl8l3a.png267%20Beautifly%20Edit%20Front%20v1b%20xhari2_1.pnghari2%201.pngfear3.pngfear3%201.png218%20Slugma%20Front%20Edit%20v1a%20x2.png218%20Slugma%20Back%20Edit%20v1b%20x2.png

Stuff need review: Illumise/Volbeat (I get your concept Kickern, but the color in the edits look pretty bad imo, and I am siding towards Crook's new one), Poliwag family (MUCH MUCH better, but I think I need to make some edits myself)

Edited by Moetal

@CrookedWings427

poly2.png

I think the problem with poliwhirl is that her pose rather stiff, and her relatively simple design doesn't help bring her charm out.

wrath.png

Wrath's right (our left) twintail has the wrong shading - light should coming from the right rather than the left. Also reduced the shading on the gloves. Two face variations, not sure which is better. 

EDIT: Also, this is the reason for my lack of activities the past few days:

Spoiler

ape10.jpg

Edited by Moetal

@CrookedWings427

Feel free to ignore anything I say.

The horsea line (especially seadra) might benefit by making the shading a little more pronounced.  Right now the shades blue you're using are pretty similar so it looks a little flat.  Also where the lighting is coming from is kind of ambiguous.

(See the lighting on Magi's Gardevoir)

282%20Gardevoir%20Front%20v3e%20x2.png

Edit: might as well copy past it in if I'm referencing it.

Edit2: other comments

- The dark part of seadra's hair in the front sprite looks weird to me.  Probably mostly because I can't figure out how the hair is supposed to be hanging.

- The edges of kingdra's fan (not the pointy edges, the long straight edge) needs some shading.  It looks very 2D.

- For some reason kingdra's face doesn't look very moe.  Maybe you could try to go for the four lines face that Magi posted about before? 

Edited by Majena

Sorry I haven't been doing anything lately. I have to run Windows on my Mac to use paint.net, but all of my schoolwork is on my Mac partition, and work comes first :'(

@CrookedWings427

I personally disagree with Majena on most points.

-While some sprites benefit from sharper contrast in colors, I really like the light shading on your Horsea line.

-Some anti-aliasing would be nice on the straight dark blue part, but the fan is supposed to be pretty flat, so it would make sense for it to look 2D. 

-I think Kingdra's face shape is pretty moe as it is. There's something about her right (our left) eyebrow that's bothering me, though (it looks a bit...sharp? ouo)

The gripes I have are just that Kingdra's backsprite's mouth/nose seem a little low, and Seadra's backsprite's head looks a bit too narrow. Also, something about the spike in the middle of Seadra's bangs looks a bit off to me, but I can't quite figure out what.

That being said, you deserve a break after all that hard work! Thanks for being so on top of things :)