[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Majena

Much better, but I feel you could make her fit in the entire frame. There's just so much space you're not utilizing. Design wise, she looks more like a Magnemite than a Magneton.

@McMagister

Both Kabutops and Starmie looks great, but as a personal preference I'd say a spiker hair (in either yellow or purple) would fits Starmie more than twintails.

JwJH06j.png

The only thing I see off with Starmie is the dress's right spikes looking like they're decoration in front of the dress rather than part of it. The dress spikes shouldn't cover her waist that much. I can't explain it well, but see if below shows you what I mean.

spike.png

For Kabutops, since it is a WIP I can't tell for sure, but I feel her right hand (our right) is flipped - the thumb looks like it is on the wrong side.

@Tackle

123%20Scyther%20Edit%20Front%20v0%20x2.p123%20Scyther%20Edit%20Back%20v1%20x2.pn

By current, do you mean this?

Edited by Moetal
1 hour ago, McMagister said:

Although, I admit the right arm is nagging me.

Probably because arms don't bend that way. That makes it look unnatural.

Try striking that pose yourself in front of a mirror to determine the placement of the arm?

@CrookedWings427

Very cute, but it seems top heavy with that head. I think it might just be a bit too wide.

Just my two pesos, since I have nothing else to contribute and stalk this thread more often than I should.

Edited by Neckbear

@Neckbear

The way I see it, there are at least four ways to fix the problem.  There are more ways, but these I have studied:

141%20Kabutops%20Front%20Draft%20v1a%20x

From left to right:

The first pose is the simplest way and simply gets rid of the unnatural right arm.  However, it now looks like she's being handcuffed, so I call it the "The BDSM".  However, not all is lost as her right arm is reuseable.

The second pose "The Twist" twists the torso to match the position of the arms, which makes it look like she's winding up for an attack with the scythe, however the spine might be unnatural.

The last two poses are variations on a theme.  "The Underarm" swaps the position of the arms.  "The Overarm" is the same but holds the scythe with her left hand in an overarm position.

@McMagister

That looks much better, I'm glad my input helped maybe?

I personally like "The Twist" and "The Underarm."

Though the arm is still just a tad unnatural in "The Twist", because it's lacking an elbow. I'm at work or I would indicate how I'd fix it personally. I'll try and do it on a phone app and upload/edit it in a bit.

gnRaqL7.jpg

Also noticed the left?(our right) leg doesn't match up with the way that the waist and spine have been twisted.

Edited by Neckbear

@Majena

Let's not take a base we're already using in the patch. Maybe try salvaging stuff from below - doesn't have to be for Magneton/Magnemite.

http://www.geocities.jp/zassoh2/dot12.htm

crown.png

@McMagister

The Underarm looks most natural to me. The Twist has some issue with the placement of the leg like what Neckbear said.  The BDSM's body feels like it should be more twisted like The Twist although not as much, and it will have similar issue with the placement of the right leg being too far to the right. The Overarm causes perspective issue with the scythe.

Edited by Moetal