[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

[quote name="Septentrion" post="1254625" timestamp="1460844587"]

It seems like the manager of that project disappeared. I don't think the art aspect of that would be hard compared to what's already being done here, but I don't think anyone with the technical skills is working on it.[/quote]
Well thanks, it would be cool for sure.. also would be sweet if we could make them move like X / Y but I am sure that's far off :P

[quote name="DewAddicted" post="1254109" timestamp="1460783279"]

For some reason, the sprite in the pokemon summary is very small, can I change it?
Thanks[/quote]
I would also like to know this.. I was always hoping to be able to see the pokemon/moemon up closer but I think its just a apart of PokeMMo

BUG REPORT:

Charmeleon comes out looking like Missingno. when you send it out to fight, and when you look at it, it looks like a purple demon girl with a little goth flame going.

This version has been out for months. This is mostly likely a problem with the original Rom being the wrong version or the patching process.

EDIT

w4hsXTd.pngq5xu3bS.png

I'm working on the backsprite for Raquaza and figured I should at least get the hair color to what everyone wanted. I darken it two stages so it would be darker than the shirt. I still like the brighter color though.

I cut the hair locks in the third image here. To me, it looks like the blending problem is greater with darker hair and the player would just think it was part of the shirt instead of majestically flowing hair. Last image is just brighter boots which I don't like.

Edited by Septentrion

Hello again~

Is there anyway to convert the latest FR patch into an Emerald ROM without having to manually replace every sprite? If not, may I have a folder of the updated sprites so I can at least have them all to put in the Emerald ROM? Thanks

Edited by BlooKirby

Hello again~
Is there anyway to convert the latest FR patch into an Emerald ROM without having to manually replace every sprite? If not, may I have a folder of the updated sprites so I can at least have them all to put in the Emerald ROM? Thanks

I think you could export the sprites in the Nameless Sprite Editor. I think there's an issue with trying to directly transfer form Emerald to Firered and vice versa. There are a couple of emerald versions that haven't been updated in a long time.

For Rayquaza, I have a very rough backsprite. So much work left to do. Can't look at it too long

[spoiler]Ije6hjq.pngRYl2DaS.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Septentrion

Hello again~

Probably the fastest way to do it would be to start with my Other Emerald Moemon Patch (which is already equivalent to the last official release of this fire red patch) and then just manually update any changed sprites you want to match with the advanced tool. The only big change that you have to do to the firered sprites before importing them with the advanced toolset is to double the forward frames like so to ensure that they work properly with the emerald animations (which can be done in pretty much any image editor).

WhHjDiN.png

Edited by OtherPlayers

Hi guys! I'd just like to know if it's appropriate or in line with this hack if I change every gender ratio of every pokemon to 100% female, considering that there're are some 100% male pokemon. I ask this because while some moemon do look more masculine such as the Nidoking line of evolution, I still think that they can easily pass as a tomboy character, which is how I prefer to interpet it. I'd just like some form of confirmation if it's a case of 'without a doubt' male moemon or if we're free to interpret it any way we like.

If you guys want, I've been working on a Moemon version of the ever popular YAFireRedHack, with a bunch of stuff changed/added. You can give it a go, bear in mind there's still a lot of stuff to do. Be warned, it's quite a bit harder than normal Fire Red.

Also don't talk to the weird May in Viridian City,  at this point it will crash your game.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2b2ji9qope5j9pd

24gsgsi.png

2iuu6he.png

24b3qxh.png

Edited by Chuggiedynasty

If you guys want, I've been working on a Moemon version of the ever popular YAFireRedHack, with a bunch of stuff changed/added. You can give it a go, bear in mind there's still a lot of stuff to do. Be warned, it's quite a bit harder than normal Fire Red.

Also don't talk to the weird May in Viridian City,  at this point it will crash your game.

https://www.mediafire.com/?2b2ji9qope5j9pd

24b3qxh.png

Do you need any help with that? I see a forth gen. Do you need somewhat mediocre sprites in place of nonexistent or terribad ones?

Edited by Septentrion

Do you need any help with that? I see a forth gen. Do you need somewhat mediocre sprites in place of nonexistent or terribad ones?

Yeah, most of the sprites are just asspulled right now from everywhere. First I need to finish working out a bunch of the bugs and shit. Go ahead and see how far you can get.

Hidden gems. Shame these have no backsprite. With some editing and backsprite, they can be turned into something usable.

zsr3hk.gif

28hhq9s.png Food for thought, Septen.

2a5n14x.png

A larger face/head and wider body and some editing and it'll pass as a Hitmonlee or something. 

2u8gpdx.gif

Legs and body are a bit skinny, slight touch up here and there and it's good to go.

Latias(?

fcp9vq.png

Is this going anywhere?

28hhq9s.png Food for thought, Septen.

2a5n14x.png

A larger face/head and wider body and some editing and it'll pass as a Hitmonlee or something.

I actually did experiment with a skirt like that but it was a disaster. It may be had to compete with the quality due to the character being 14 pixels too big in both dimensions. The hair is very good in design. I would have preferred to stay true to the character art, but the crown is a problem. Too bad it affects both the backsprite and frontsprite. Much work.

I've been thinking about dropping the yellow eyes completely and giving her jade eyes. Since my color precept must be out of wack, I don't know if my eyes look red or yellow, and red eyes are far too common.

Hitmonlee sure has been a hard one to even think about. I don't think we've had any suggestion on his actual getup.  Maybe he should be shirtless with a mask? I might end up doing a thing with that.

Edited by Septentrion

I see a few big issues working together Musher. The first is a bit of a left/right width issue. Her head is simply too thick in that aspect compared to her body (23 odd pixels "thickness" to her head+hair with only 10-12ish for her body thickness once accounting for perspective). Big heads may be moe, but warp it to far and things start to look off, a fact that is aided in this fact by the reason that we are looking at her from the side instead of the front. The solution to this would probably be to reduce the left to right distance of her head/hair slightly or too increase the width of her body slightly (or a bit of both).

(Alternative possible idea: Make her wing possibly come in front of the very back edge of her hair rather than behind it.)

The other big thing I see is the fact that the vertical front of her hair lines up perfectly with the vertical front of her nose/face. This gives her the impression of having a very flat face. Simply adjusting the front of the hair to the left or to the right by a single pixel should fix that issue.

Lastly is the light pink spot supposed to be her mouth? If so the angle on it doesn't quite match the angle of her head, and it's a bit difficult to see. I'd shift it right by 1 pixel and swap it out with a darker red (like is used in the front view) to differentiate it more from her skin.

@laGashetaHardcore
You haven't even given Latios a hat yet and you already moved on to the next thing I'm working on? You seemed to make a better tail but the bonnet is not good. 80x80 Ray has best hat
LBT8RMs.png?1Cs2WtG0.png?1
Dress looks better, although I can't see battles commencing in such a thing.

Made an attempt at a back sprite for Venomoth.

KMLTz7c.pngWKoymNH.png

Something seems off to me about it still, but I can't figure out what exactly. Any advise?

Other than what other players said, the wings should be be angled

Edited by Septentrion

@Moetal

w9jqms.png

4ie841.png

xmphs1.png

2w5q63r.png

Not sure what you had in mind for finishing touches, so these are mostly unchanged.

@Septen/Hardcore

Ray needs more science:

Give this outfit 28hhq9s.png to this sprite 2a5djdh.png

What do you guys think of that idea?

Edited by Kickern

@Kickern

Well I just want your opinion before they get added in. If you feel they're good enough too, then they're good to go. Can you give me the original sizes for the four?

The Rayquaza I posted is actually 80x80 and might be difficult to work with directly, but I do agree the outfit/design/pose is way more charming. I do want to see it happening but it'll be a lot of work since it's almost like redoing the sprite from scratch.