[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Musher

I didn't mean to discourage you, just showing you some ideas as to how it could look! Rache's Flygon isn't perfect yet, and they seem to have discontinued it for now anyways, so you are welcome to continue with yours. If you are a beginner then maybe it would help to edit another sprite (that isn't currently being used in the patch) into something.

Here is a list with sprites of first and second generation that must be changed and references for change - credits to IaGashetaHardcore.

[spoiler]wi6hy8.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Arisa

@Musher

Here is a list with sprites of first and second generation that must be changed and references for change - credits to IaGashetaHardcore.

[spoiler]wi6hy8.png[/spoiler]

What about my Hitmontop? It's like the least popular moemon in the entire hack.

@Arisa

Oh yeah, that list is pretty useful. Is it considered ok to edit someone else's work? I would think they would want to finish the sprites they start.

I don't think that's ever been an problem.

Edited by Septentrion

There's like there are total of two people who seem capable making good enough spites. Maybe it's mostly people unable to finish there own spite. Should we start trying to exchange sprites and sort out processes?

YOLO-sketched a bunch of ideas in a girafiarig.L3IyeGi.png?1 Not worth a 128x128. I figured Lotus sitting could be used for a really tall moemon, like Rayquaza.

@CW

No. Meowth's face seems to have been rounded in one of the fixes. The right side of her hair/right ear still seems off to me. The backsprite still need a lot of work.

nqums.pngMeowth3.png

Persian's backsprite's eyes don't match the front's style, and the hair is a mess at the moment. The body also seems very disconnected from the head.

persian4_3.pngpersianback_1.png

I was hoping for more commentary on design. The hat really makes her fit in with the original pokemon, and it's cute. It does make her look like she's going to serve me fast food though, and I would rather see her at a fancy restaurant. I don't think my Latios's body has much potential for improvement, although I like his head. I think I'm at a dead end with him.

EM3EiyX.pngme9zPqX.png

I've considered moving or 86ing the ears. I've also though about replacing the pseudoskirt with an actual skirt.

Also. look at this:

me9zPqX.pngrib34m.png

She's like three times bigger than the current chibi! Would she be 6' 6" or more considering she's diagonal across the three dimensions? A latios at least that tall would be perfectible. Maybe she could be rayquaza

Edit: 2Right leg two pixels to the left?

Edited by Septentrion

I was hoping for more commentary on design. The hat really makes her fit in with the original pokemon, and it's cute. It does make her look like she's going to serve me fast food though, and I would rather see her at a fancy restaurant. I don't think my Latios's body has much potential for improvement, although I like his head. I think I'm at a dead end with him.

EM3EiyX.pngme9zPqX.png

I've considered moving or 86ing the ears. I've also though about replacing the pseudoskirt with an actual skirt.

Also. look at this:

me9zPqX.pngrib34m.png

She's like three times bigger than the current chibi! Would she be 6' 6" or more considering she's diagonal across the three dimensions? A latios at least that tall would be perfectible. Maybe she could be rayquaza

Edit: 2Right leg two pixels to the left?

The leg si now muc better. what if you frame the boots in the same red than the "skirt" because the dark outlines create a focus onto the legs due to the contrast.

in the general deisgn there I see still some issues with proportions. look the tiny thin arms compared to the rather mighty legs, that gives a bit a strange proportion over the entire model. so either slimmer and shorther legs or stronger arms. Latios as pokemon has rather wide and very short legs, given behind those "things" are even legs.

about the hat and head. The eyes probably shoudl look more towards the player, She looks like looking upwars to the sky a bit too much. And the angle of the hat seems to be a bit off.The angle we look at the hat is from a but bottom left. (or right from out point of view). While the hat is painted in a stile where e would look more from an upper front view. 

I am not good at painiting at all, but maybe the hat liek this in the left or right (middle is th eoriginal)

gefj3.jpg

I also made the "head wing" on the backside a bit smaller for perspective.

but the hat's tip also seems to not be in the center so mabe move the entire head one pixel to the right (our viewers right)

being bigger isn't a problem, its a legendary at all :P

However if you want to remove the size and probabyl don'T care for your meomoe not to have legs you can make only uppertights covered both in an individual skirt like end. (as original latios has)

Edited by Lilyfromanimove

Hiya,

I've been playing this moemon patch for some time now, great stuff! I'm loving the work you guys are doing on the outdated sprites, they look loads better. My question is, is it possible to somehow replace a moemon sprite with another you're more fond of, as a sort of customized patch?

It can be kinda jarring to go from appreciating the details of an awesome moe Gyarados, to laughing at moe ditto or wingull, or some of the many other derpy looking mons. Thanks in advance!

@Arisa

Ah thank you. Does there need to be any sort of specifics with the sprite file in order to replace it? png size for example?

As a side note, I've been browsing the thread for a bit, and there seems to be repeating questions that many understandably don't care to answer anymore (Moetal in particular). This might easily be solved with a quick FAQ thread or something to avoid any more clutter and frustration.  

@BlooKirby

Here is how I do it:

Save this Clamperl to your computer.

m77u3a.png

Download Paint.net (Just look up 'Paint' or you'll get sent to some random site.) and open the Clamperl: File>Open>Wherever you saved the Clamperl to.

Then click Image>Resize and change the 'Resampling' to Nearest Neighbor, check the 'By percentage' box, and replace 100% with 50%, then 'Ok'.

It should look like this when you are done:

32e5b2fddf18335f4c757e3d67f7738e.png

Then save the image (File>Save/Save As) and you should know what to do from there.

If you are importing the front and back sprites separately they should be 64x64 instead of 256x64

Hopefully that helped!

Edited by Arisa

in the general deisgn there I see still some issues with proportions. look the tiny thin arms compared to the rather mighty legs, that gives a bit a strange proportion over the entire model. so either slimmer and shorther legs or stronger arms. Latios as pokemon has rather wide and very short legs, given behind those "things" are even legs.

about the hat and head. The eyes probably shoudl look more towards the player, She looks like looking upwars to the sky a bit too much. And the angle of the hat seems to be a bit off.The angle we look at the hat is from a but bottom left. (or right from out point of view). While the hat is painted in a stile where e would look more from an upper front view. 

I am not good at painiting at all, but maybe the hat liek this in the left or right (middle is th eoriginal)

gefj3.jpg

I also made the "head wing" on the backside a bit smaller for perspective.

but the hat's tip also seems to not be in the center so mabe move the entire head one pixel to the right (our viewers right)

being bigger isn't a problem, its a legendary at all :P

However if you want to remove the size and probabyl don'T care for your meomoe not to have legs you can make only uppertights covered both in an individual skirt like end. (as original latios has)

Don't save as Jpeg. It's the bane of artists of all sorts. I can still use your image though.

Eyes are very hard for me to do. Merely getting the eyes to look like eyes at all is difficult to me. Although looking at the player is ideal, it doesn't seem to be a requirement. I could imagine a lot of players wanting Latias to look at them. One problem I came across is that yellow eyes often look demonic, and Lati@s are beings of love, not evil.

For legs, there is a big variety of legs on women in RL. I don't think they are a problem by themselves. Arms looks like skin and bones so I am making some adjustments.

Edited by Septentrion

@Septentrion

I found this Latias gijinka:

[spoiler]

2015-03-29-722494.png

[/spoiler]

I've tried the middle one's bow thing a while back but it think it requires too much detail to make it as cute as this. I think all of this artist's gijinkas are loaded with small features. I might have to do the black soles now.

Latios is the bigger issue. I suppose his outfit may theoretically work, but he is far from being a masterpiece.

@Arisa

Thanks a ton! Your help is very appreciated  :) I know this may be a lot to ask for, but do you have a compilation or folder of the updated sprites you feel are close to finished? It would certainly beat trying dig them up from the entire thread..

@BlooKirby

This might sound mean, but honestly, the best way to do that would be to look for yourself. I don't know exactly what you're looking for, so I can't really help you with this one. Are you looking for sprites to edit, or finished sprites that haven't been added to the patch? With the amount of unfinished sprites on this thread, it would take forever for me to compile them all unless you narrow it down.

On the first page there is a collection of sprites that can be used for editing, and lots of people have folders of their favorite moemons if that's what you mean.

Edited by Arisa