[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal or whoever seems to be active
I figured you all may have a idea on my question.
I have Moemon firered, but it's not a firered +patch, i downloaded the rom with moemon already on it, no ips.
I downloaded your ips and patched, but some Pokémon ( for example Raichu and Blastoise) have either the original moemon sprites or not updated (Blastoise is not the updated one).
How should I fix this? I really want the Raichu...

@moetal
thank you!!
also, are you still taking moemon sprites?
I'm (really really) horrible at sprites, I've only dabbled in it once, but after seeing how duodo went through puberty and became amazing, I'd love to try!

Edited by miyabee

This patch got me back into playing Pokemon, so thank you!

After seeing all the recent additions since the last patch, I'm looking forward to the next one.

I know that this is mainly for PokeMMO, but would it be possible to include the Flareon title screen in the next patch?

I really like the way it looks, but I can't seem to insert it into my rom.

Edited by chaosbeat

If the answer comes back no (or you aren't willing to wait :P) then here's a pretty straightforward tutorial for editing the title screen. It's not quite drag-and-drop easy, but since all you are doing is editing the Charizard part of the background pretty much all you need to do is cut the flareon out of the photo, set her in a single-colored background, and then follow the steps that the tutorial gives you for editing the charizard part of the start screen. With a little work you can probably have her up and running in your particular ROM in a couple of hours or so. :)

If the answer comes back no (or you aren't willing to wait :P) then here's a pretty straightforward tutorial for editing the title screen. It's not quite drag-and-drop easy, but since all you are doing is editing the Charizard part of the background pretty much all you need to do is cut the flareon out of the photo, set her in a single-colored background, and then follow the steps that the tutorial gives you for editing the charizard part of the start screen. With a little work you can probably have her up and running in your particular ROM in a couple of hours or so. :)

I did manage to insert the sprites I needed to. The main problem was that the unlz numbers were off by quite a bit.

It would be nice if the titlescreen was included though...

It's possible you just ran out of space in the "safe" regions of the ROM, don't know if you've been zeroing out the replaced sprites with 0xFF or not. If that's the case most likely all you need to do is manually find a place large enough for the sprite and tell it to point to that location, safety be damned. In a worst case you may need to expand the size of the rom slightly.

Can someone tell me how to make a sprite in Paint.net/or Paint Tool Sai? I can't figure out how to change the pixel size... one pixel in one of your sprites is four for me.

that would be because its actually 4 ;p

people usually posts their sprites 2x for better visibility

try with these, this is the actual size for the game:

zipzap4.pngzipzap5.pngzipzap6.png

I attempted to make a Smeargle out of Aozone's Minccino... probably has too many colors.

Not sure whether to make the bandanna into a beret or not, and I don't know how to add the paint brush/tail to the backsprite.

Keep in mind this is my first time making sprites at all.

0A0xgir.png

[spoiler]V18772r.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Arisa

@Arisa

That's pretty good.  Also yeah, it was more than 16 colors.  I fixed color palette and made some edits:

o7sfmc.png

I thought about looping the brush handle down to be longer like Smeargle's tail, but maybe it should be kept short?

I made the eyes brown to match the circles around the original Pokemon's eyes, but does it look weird now?  If so, maybe some brown-rimmed glasses would look better.

@Kickern

Thanks for fixing it!

Added eyebrows and a scarf, 'fixed' the skirt and shading on the bandanna ribbons, and made the tail look rounder.

I attempted the glasses but couldn't get them to look right. Would you prefer the brown rings on smeargle's ankles to be socks or anklets?

OrLqbgO.png

@Arisa

Nice!  I personally prefer the anklets, but it doesn't matter a whole lot.

I noticed Smeargle has a paw print on its back, and thought about how to include it on the sprite.  My idea was to put it on the apron, like how painters usually get some paint on them, right?

I tried adding the glasses; I don't think it looks too bad, if I do say so myself. :)

j8f7g3.png

I think the beret needs to be shaped a bit more like a beret on the backsprite yet.

Edited by Kickern

@Kickern

I'm not a big fan of glasses to begin with, but you made them look pretty good. The paw looks really good; I tried putting it on the back of the beret but it didn't look right.

L0C4kiT.png

Not sure if I made the beret too big, but I attempted to fix it...

@Kickern

I feel as though you lost some of the quality in the eyes while adding the glasses in. Or maybe I've just been looking at it too long. Other than that, it looks fine to me.

Edit: ??

MwnJos4.png

Tried shrinking Hardcore's Barboach. (page 109)

[spoiler]

zeGe9WU.png

Edit:

hTKi68K.png

[/spoiler]

Edited by Arisa

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community and see the work you all do on this forum inspired me to make my own sprite. Not sure if it was in need of replacing or not, :P but I decided to do Flygon since its one of my favorites.

QOvEQz5.png

I'm pretty new to pixel art and I'd love to get some feed back. I'll also try doing a backsprite.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the community and see the work you all do on this forum inspired me to make my own sprite. Not sure if it was in need of replacing or not, :P but I decided to do Flygon since its one of my favorites.

QOvEQz5.png

I'm pretty new to pixel art and I'd love to get some feed back. I'll also try doing a backsprite.

It doesn't match up with any of the pre-evolutions with have.