[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I'm using the Advanced Series Sprite Editor and am trying to insert this Starmie sprite in. However, it doesn't synchronize the palettes at all and ends up looking like someone ran their fingers through a freshly painted canvas. I have no idea how this is happening, and I'm not super knowledgeable on finding out the exact amount of colors an image has besides using IrfanView. This series of Starmie sprites and previous ones before edits don't seem to have 16 colors or less and I suck at making sprites, so it'd be nice if someone helped out with this.

11jq2yp.png

16acn14.png

@GetRekdm8

Use the Import All button:

1zbe0jl.png

And then click the Synchronise Palettes button.

Yeah, the whole process of adding a sprite is edit->import all->synchronize palettes->okay->(change more if you want)->save.

Turns out I had part of them mixed up when trying to import and it was freaking out. Lesson learned, trying to do this at 5 am makes me go full on stupid. Never again. Thanks!

@moetal

yes! much better ^-^

still want me to change up the backsprite? im assuming it has the same palette issue.

Also i have a friend from pokemmo that has a couple of questions.

1. is it possible to make the sprites bigger to fit the summary box better.

2. is there any plan to make male counterparts for the moes.

i couldnt answer for certain so i asked .-.

Edited by CrookedWings427

@CW

1. No. I brought it up with Desu a while back, he said it was on his to-do list but it never happened I suppose.

2. Only Gold/silver support male counter parts, and this ROM being based on FireRed does not support it. PokeMMO runs on FireRed, so unless future update changes it, PokeMMO does not have support for male/female difference.

11kecz5.png

You might have an easier time using the original base and reapplying the edits.

Edited by Moetal

@hardcore
You forgot mewtwo and shiftry.
I personally think tyranitar, starmie, slugma, mewtwo, and cyndaquil are good to go. But thats just my opinion.

Also this is the heracross thats currently being worked on. I just need to make a back sprite.
heracross2_1_1.png

After persian, meowth backsprite, and heracross backsprite i plan to work on the horsea and trapinch lines so this helps, thanks hardcore.

@septen
Im not sure i want my new special sweeper to look like a grandma .-.

But the current kingdra is too small for a third evo, i can easily make it a seadra now and still use the kingdra in the making.
Which leaves me with horsea

Ok so heres a list of pokemon i would like to moefy pretty soon

horsea

seadra

kingdra

arcanine

growlithe

trapinch

vibrava

[strike]staryu[/strike]

and i offered a friend a request when she decides..

i think shes making me a list x.x

but yeah thats my plans for when i finish up the meowth line and heracross back sprite.

@CW

I'm lovin the heracross it totally fits the pokemon i always use heracross whenever possible and now i'm gonna enjoy looking at her so thank you any chance though that you might wanna show a version where the spear ends in the butterfly shape that the horn normally has.

@Nerak

One thing I can say is that it is obviously zapdos but I think it lacks a few elements that would improve it immensely

1. if you changed the dress into a skirt it would serve a double purpose you could make the legs visible and maybe add some socks that looks more like zapdos' legs and the skirt would look more like zapdos' tail plumage.

2. I'm thinking the arms might look better if you end the sleeves at the elbow.

3. please add definition to the chest area.

4. maybe move the belt in one pixel on both sides she looks pudgy (zapdos is not a pudgy bird)

5. I think the neck might benefit from being moved over one pixel it doesn't look quite centered on her chest

6. It might take some reworking but the straight line at her chin is too pronounced look at CW's Heracross above as an example she has a straight line for the bottom of the face but due to the angle of the face it doesn't seem as pronounced and instead adds to the curvature whereas on zappy the straight line makes the face less feminine and more masculine.

Edit:

7. the nose is way too dark and pronounced either remove it completely or rework it lighter maybe I'm not sure.

Edit2: I should clarify that when i say make the legs visible I assume she will be sitting like the other legendary birds in hardcores post

Edited by missiri
2. I'm thinking the arms might look better if you end the sleeves at the elbow.
Maybe it would look better if Zapdos's sleeves started at the elbow? All three birdies could have upper arms.

@septen
Im not sure i want my new special sweeper to look like a grandma .-.

But the current kingdra is too small for a third evo, i can easily make it a seadra now and still use the kingdra in the making.
Which leaves me with horsea

I think it's a bit odd for the middle evolution to be the one with short hair.

Dragons are probably best if we want to try older. Perhaps not a grandma and more of an age of approximately 40 would be better. There's not many evolved dragons in the first three generations though.

@septen
I could easily adjust the hair lengths of either sprite. I could try to make the larger one look older but the current kingdra is just too small to pull it off.
Im not quite sure what to add to make her look older though, tiny pixel crows feet xD
But yeah like you could make a mom like design or something but i dont think thatd fit well with kingdra, so im lost.

@Sep

actually i think you may be right about the sleeve starting at the elbows

Altaria Dragonite Salamence Kingdra and flygon are the evolved dragons latias latios and rayquaza are the non evolving ones

Still I must agree with CW I'm not sure how I'd feel about older dragons maybe if we had a comparison of a teen/tween dragon and a 40ish dragon i could agree with you but as is it would look sorely out of place when even the oldest looking pokemon Alakazam looks teen\tween

@Nerak

Don't lose hope it's coming together quite nicely (i'm not a spriter personally) all I can do is try to offer suggestions and make edits to try to display what I'm talking about.

btw this was what I meant by rework the chin (my edit sucks though)

2urq8ux.jpg

i screwed up the bang and made her face a little pudgy but perhaps her mouth can be changed to fix it i dunno

Edited by missiri

I made Hitmontop more like Hitmonchan. I just don't feel like I understand outlines, so I did my best to make the outline look like other sprites.

dBPPpx9.png

On hitmonchan: Does he really need to wear a skirt to know who he is? It's pretty obvious enough without.

On tyrogue: Maybe he could be a boy flexing muscles that he doesn't really have, like a 12 year old boy in front of a mirror.

I don't' know about hitmonlee.