[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

My wife was watching a lets player do a nuzlocke of this and so I decided to give the hack a shot. It is definitely a great way to spice up the game, Im trying my best not to spoil what the mons look like until I see them for myself in game,

Anyway just want to say thank you to the community for making this, I really appreciate the quality of the sprites, they are fantastic.

Also I read on bulbapedia that it changes the game making it so you can catch the starters and that you can catch eevees. Is that true? And also do pokemon that evolve threw trade evolve threw leveling instead? If this has been answered in the forum already I'm sorry I couldn't find it. 

I don't think this patch alone changes much, if any parts of the game besides the sprites of the Pokemon. There are quite a few hacks out there that do have most, if not all Pokemon available to be caught, and without trading. Be aware that patching multiple times with different patches can easily lead to the game not working (usually the very beginning). You would most likely have to re-extract your rom, patch it with the other patch first, then use some sprite inserting software (Advanced Series is what I find best for people new to it) to manually insert each sprite. It's a fairly tedious process (considering it's a lot of clicking), probably at least an hour if you kept at it non-stop. I would advise using a macro on your mouse if it's available, it helps. Assuming you are playing this on a rom, make frequent save states if you do end up doing this just to make sure you have something to fall back to if it messes up big time. There are ways to recover your game data if something bad does happen.

Edited by GetRekdm8

I have a colorful bunch if dragon people sitting in a square ♪

Please don't mention that Latios currently have different hair ♪

Like Simon, their bodies are Yellow, Red, Blue, and Green ♪

Please accept my buxom Latias as your moé-queen ♪

#380 Latias & #381 Latios

qNVuGJi.png

I discovered that my Latios backsprite is horrible compared with the only equivalent male sprite we have.

exKeE1B.png =/= nIyuRLi.png

Why are men so hard to moe? We really need to get somewhere with them.

Edited by Septentrion

I figured out how to use the randomizer application and changed impossible evolutions. It was easier than I thought it would be. It's strange tho that bulbapedia says those things are already in the hack. 

this thing, like in this concrete page is not a hack ffs, this project only changes pokemon sprites

bulbapedia is probably refering to some other project that is actually a complete rom hack

I like the science Shedninja, but I feel that because that body's head isn't tilted as much her right eye (on our left) needs to be raised to be level with the other one (or at least a little closer to level than it is now). Right now it gives the impression that her eyes are at different heights on her face when I look at it.

vctkhy.png

That looks so much like kogasa from touhou. Did I win Name That Sprite? It's a lot better hair than I could produce. Face is good too. It doesn't match up with the costume. I don't know if his eyes could be made to match the front sprite as I was pretty much stumped for hours

Maybe a bit less hair-curl around the bottom?

Meanwhile, everyone remember that horrible Hitmontop sprite that needs to be thrown into an incinerator? I made an alternative in about 90 minutes. Some may recognized the sprite I used.

foupejQ.png

The backsprite is to die for though.

[spoiler]leqv33H.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Septentrion

As with every time I actually post here, my attempt at editing a sprite to replace another one. This time is Misdreavus. There would be waves, but I cant make them look nice. Someone else is welcome to try.

Ezzgz7A.png

@Septentrion The back sprite is quite comical. Let's hope blood rush isn't a thing.  :)

I've noticed in your sprites that they normally look a bit... airy? What I'm trying to say is that the outlines are lightly colored and I think more dark colors are needed in your palette. Or at least an increased amount of black. Your free-handing is much better than anything I could do.

As with every time I actually post here, my attempt at editing a sprite to replace another one. This time is Misdreavus. There would be waves, but I cant make them look nice. Someone else is welcome to try.

Ezzgz7A.png

Made a few quick edits to smooth it out.

aiX88J.png

May un-die soonish and start making some more sprites.

To be implemented:

[spoiler]34rw0b4.png

1535v69.png I glitched the palette on this, it's at like 37 or something at the time.

whirl2_1.png

358sxmh.png[/spoiler]

Still need work:

[spoiler]15dc3o.png Just need some polishing to smooth some jagged places up.

3yfcn.png The eyebrows are not very visible since it looks like it merged with the frontbang's line. Design wise, it looks quite dulled down without the cloak-thingy.

2rfbgj4.jpg

14kxmbr.jpg

Dustox's and Beautifly's legs look long and the body look short (or the skirt is REALLY high up) and has short arms/missing hand(s). Lower the skirt/lengthen the body and arms.

wsrd6r.jpg

Arms can be extended by a few pixel upward and the hands moved upward also to better fit the scale.

20qyxr6.jpg I feel we could fix the front's face more, and make her dress less plain, and sync a bit more with Zig.

5zkz13.png Backsprite never? Eye fix never?[/spoiler]

Questionable:

[spoiler]mtw4cw.png Dittoception, y/n?[/spoiler]

Edited by Moetal

@Hardcore

The ribbon looks like it is behind the head rather than coming out of the mushroom, and the mushrooms probably might look better a pixel or two higher. The shawl/cape looks a bit long compared to the frontsprite. The frontsprite's eyes are looking at the ground, need to fix if we can.

Edited by Moetal

@Moetal

Ivysaur: Green or yellow shiny?

9kwkf5.png

160bo05.png

This is what I have for Zigzagoon:

ftpvfb.png

Made some changes to Dustox's face (it looked really weird to me) as well as lengthened the skirt:

wrgz1v.png

I think Dittoception would look better if the blob Ditto had a :) face.

Edited by Kickern

Even if new ditto was merely mediocre, current ditto is just awful. We really have to purge the awful.

I guess I should take a look at the other hitmons, including the preevolution. I might end up doing more males than females. It's not really what I started doing this for.

Also, I've looked up the moemon visual novel on youtube. It's were current dragonair, vulpix, rapidash, and ninetales are from. Here's my rating:

Character design: 9/10

Music: 3/10

Story: 落書き/10

Backgrounds: 2/5

@Kickern

Yellow/lime feels more fitting in the evolution tree.

This, then?

rhkdx4.png

Zig looks good. I'll call it done unless someone have other plans for it.

2z5p4iu.png

How does Rhyhorn look aside from the roughness?

EDIT:

I just noticed I missed this. I feel the removal of the bottom eyelash makes her eye blend into the face/not stand out enough on normal palette. Maybe we can add blush to have the eyes stand out a bit better, or deepen the yellow into a more orange-color. For the shiny, I feel we can change the hairbuns' color to another orange tone. It just feels very mulled compared with the overall brightness of the hair and ribbon.

b3k0sn.jpg

2uorr0k.png

What else feels complete but I did not bring up?

Edited by Moetal

@Kickern

2uz9op0.png24vi6ip.png

What if we use the red as mouth color (shiny will use red ribbons also)? I tried fixing the backsprite a bit, but my senses are getting distorted from looking at it too long.

EDIT:

124zpth.png

Slight edits from me also. 17 palettes because I added a white for the eyes.

EDIT 2:

oiwy0k.png

Fattening. 

Edited by Moetal