[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@name1essone

I don't mean to sound like a douche, but I really don't know what to tell you to begin with as the patch itself was not intended to be played on Retron 5 (or at least, I've never even heard of it till now - and multiple reports of it in such a short amount of time no less). If you have an issue with the system itself, shouldn't you go into technical support for Retron 5, rather than here? Surely someone that is more knowledgable in Retron and emulating GBA games on it would be able to tell you more than me. As far as I know, the patch currently does not have notable glitches or errors at the moment when patched on FireRed 1.0 US Rom on the PC and played via PokeMMO or emulators.

I'm sure I've made this point before, but you don't try to drink a bowl of soup with a fork and proceed to blame the fork for not working efficiently/properly. Some common sense would be nice.

Edited by Moetal

Septentrion would you rather i come into the thread whining about how it's broken instead of asking if anyone knows about my issue as far as i can tell this is the thread for the patch so yes I expect that if i have an issue I should report it here.

@moetal I understand you don't know but I was asking if anyone knew hoping that I might be able to find answers here I'm certain that the other two comments were by people who don't have a retron 5 since redcloak mentioned lunar ips sorry if you or sep misunderstood but I was trying to be civil and report an error and see if it was on my end or yours.

oh and for anyone with a retron 5 you have to disable "Patch expects header" and delete snapshots and saves to make it work. i am my own tech support sep but when I'm unsure and other patches work I figured I'd ask you don't have to answer at all but if you do please be civil. am eagerly awaiting more awesome moes

@moetal you don't sound like a douche you seem like someone who has done a lot of work both in moemon and in the video where you show off the making of a character using shapes(which i thought was cool), oh and for future info the retron 5 is a console made by hyperkin which plays gba gbc gb snes nes super famicom famicom and genesis carts as well as allows ips patches to be used with physical cartridges it was a nifty alternative to dumping the rom with an action replay dsi media edition or any of the other myriad ways people get legit copies of roms sorry if i upset you It was not my intention.

Edited by name1essone

Septentrion would you rather i come into the thread whining about how it's broken instead of asking if anyone knows about my issue as far as i can tell this is the thread for the patch so yes I expect that if i have an issue I should report it here.

@moetal I understand you don't know but I was asking if anyone knew hoping that I might be able to find answers here I'm certain that the other two comments were by people who don't have a retron 5 since redcloak mentioned lunar ips sorry if you or sep misunderstood but I was trying to be civil and report an error and see if it was on my end or yours.

oh and for anyone with a retron 5 you have to disable "Patch expects header" and delete snapshots and saves to make it work. i am my own tech support sep but when I'm unsure and other patches work I figured I'd ask you don't have to answer at all but if you do please be civil. am eagerly awaiting more awesome moes

@moetal you don't sound like a douche you seem like someone who has done a lot of work both in moemon and in the video where you show off the making of a character using shapes(which i thought was cool), oh and for future info the retron 5 is a console made by hyperkin which plays gba gbc gb snes nes super famicom famicom and genesis carts as well as allows ips patches to be used with physical cartridges it was a nifty alternative to dumping the rom with an action replay dsi media edition or any of the other myriad ways people get legit copies of roms sorry if i upset you It was not my intention.

There are very many problems that can happen down the line from the patch. The patch is just the very basic type without major changes to the code that may have emulators or machines misread the ROM in a fundamental matter. The graphic swaps themselves are the least likely point in the pipeline of processes. We also use the most widely used patching system. Before ever asking about making this particular patch work, someone should at least test their system with another IPS. It turned out to be your obscure system's settings, so why go to a bunch of pixel artist.

Edited by Septentrion

why keep beating a dead dog sep I said i tested other ips patches first. My problem has been solved no thanks to you and I didn't ask you in particular for help so why be so antagonistic? this thread isn't visited by only pixel artists and I didn't say "can only the pixel artists help me". I'd prefer that you just ignore my posts rather than keep this going. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon since i like this patch so you should drop it and we can all get along.

Hi! Uh, so, um.. I've been looking at this game for a while now, and I've tried to download it. After patching the original FireRed game, I attempted to play it, of course. Attempted. The game freezes at Prof. Oak's "Hello", with the addition of some glitchy pixels. (I would've read through the topic to see if anyone else got the problem, but wow, 138 pages. My internet can't handle me going through all those pages! Also, I'm too lazy to keep clicking and scrolling down repeatedly.) I'd love it if someone could help me :3

Most likely this is caused by either a corrupted download of the patch or a bad ROM. Here's some basic troubleshooting steps:

0) If you are using any other patches it's most likely a conflict there; try it without any other patches at all

1) Redownload the patch and try a fresh patch

2) Make sure you have the right ROM; these use the (U) ROM's (USA region), so if you are using a EU or other ROM there is a chance that it will not work.

3) Redownload your ROM

4) Redownload your patcher

5) Redownload your emulator

It's much much more likely that the problem is on your end somewhere or your download than in this patch; this patch purely touches the graphical sprites, so assuming everything patched properly there shouldn't be any serious errors without seeing a pokemon present (which doesn't appear until partway through Oak's speech).

why keep beating a dead dog sep I said i tested other ips patches first. My problem has been solved no thanks to you and I didn't ask you in particular for help so why be so antagonistic? this thread isn't visited by only pixel artists and I didn't say "can only the pixel artists help me". I'd prefer that you just ignore my posts rather than keep this going. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon since i like this patch so you should drop it and we can all get along.

Were they Firered patches? You can't expect anyone to be able to help when you leave out so many details. When requesting help, you should typically give every detail which eliminates many possible problems.

A lot of people tend to come to this thread just asking "how do I get this game to work?" Not once do I remember them mentioning that they got everything to work with another Fire Red patch. If patching Fire Red in general doesn't work, then there's no need to google "moemon" when trying to find answers.

Also, don't just declare that you want other people to "drop it" while dragging on the issue. The only purpose of you post was to give yourself the last word.

Oh boy ^^; Quite an off topic discussion going on here.

Anyway...

I'd like to share my approach to the Beedrill sprite I saw in the past posts :)

[URL=http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Prototype-X/media/Beedrill%20Queen_zpswrflfokp.png.html]Beedrill%20Queen_zpswrflfokp.png[/URL]

I would assume sep that your post was also to get the last word since you didn't address me but other people and what they do since I didn't just come in asking how do I get this to work I came in and asked if anyone else had a retron 5 and my problem and i repeat I DIDN"T ASK YOU IN PARTICULAR FOR HELP you obviously can't read and just want to argue i asked you to drop it but lo and behold you gotta say something else to keep it going thats fine I got all my life to argue the point with you and i don't mind keeping this going. If you really want me to if this is how you treat newcomers i'm surprised anyone wants to help.

Edit 1

Ask yourself these two questions and then reread my original post you'll see you have no reason to complain

1. Do you own a retron 5

2. Do you have the same problem i did

if the answer is no then i wasn't talking to you

Edit 2

loving the beedrill slash

Edited by name1essone

I haven't commented in the last 80 something pages not since before magi was undead the first time but I feel I need to comment on this

@name1essone don't threaten to argue more if you want it to end. just ignore him or don't but quit ruining this thread with off topic arguments. you asked for help and figured it out yourself we get it stop harping about it and quit instigating things if you'd ignored septentrions last comment it would've been over.

@Septentrion name1essone is right he didn't ask you for help and you're dragging this thread away from moe heaven. I've read your comments 3 times and you've been quite rude to someone who just joined maybe rephrase your comments or maybe you don't speak english natively either way heres what should happen you should both just apologize and let everyone get back to their respective tasks.

@moetal how has it been i hear magi's undead again? loving the blastoise by the way. I noticed meowth is getting some love I'm psyched i asked magi to give meowth a shot like a year ago it's been hurting and i'm glad it's finally having it's day.

All hail moegod Moetal Banzai

oh and I believe i can clear up some confusion regarding this white screen that redcloak and theglitchiestmew are having if you attempt to patch a firered Rev A rom with a patch from firered 1.0 it will not work past the oak intro and will freeze each time a call is made to pointers that are located in a different position I ran into this problem when i first started hacking roms my suggestion is to either dump a different cartridge or recreate the patch yourself for the REV A rom. Good luck you two.

Edited by missiri

The OP probably needs to be updated about getting help(which should happen elsewhere in most cases). More and more people are coming here solely to ask about getting this to work as their first ever pokémon patch. There are a few dead links that need to be removed as well.

I fixed a few errors I had on Latios. Also made sure his undershirt matches his sister's.

g1ihIm0.png

zAUZICk.png6JAv0Du.png

I'm working on making a shiny for Latias. A few pixels are giving me trouble so may redesign. Yellow is also proving difficult to work with and the hair looks worse when trying to use yellow.

On the other hand, I think my Latios is finally best Latios. The rest of them are at best androgynous dudes saved by that fact that they are blue so you'll probably guess they are male.

It's true septen I think otherplayers summed it up in his comment up above maybe moetal should add that comment to the OP with an addendum stating that unless your question is directly related to spriting, moemon improvement, or moemon art do not post it here this is not a forum for technical patching issues its a forum of like minded moe lovers who happen to work on a patch.

@name1essone dont take it personally but keep in mind that all of us who watch, lurk, and comment on this thread love moemon but only a couple people understand the intricacies of patching most are artists or fans. Asking about technical issues here is like asking a dog to paint Van Gogh's The Starry Night with his buttcheeks, it most likely isn't gonna happen and if you do get something it's most likely gonna seem like s***

Edited by missiri

This dragonite sort of seemed awesome when it was posted before although I don't think it was put in the game when I checked.

Dragonite%20Edit%20v1.3.png

Here's a dragonair design which sort of matches: http://www.deviantart.com/art/WV-Care-for-a-battle-stranger-587540184

I think Dragonair and dragoniti need to be brought up to that dragonite;s level. I remember kickren trying to turn a dragonair into a dragtini, which was good. All we need is Dragonair.that is awesome and doesn't look like a first form.

In other news, If I ever get done with Latias and Latios, I'm probably going to do the horsea line if no one has done it. Much neglect of horsea and seadra.

WeuBFae.png

Undead

scw0tk.png

Happy

20p90rp.png

Science?

EDIT:

@CW

newivy_3.png

6ztw5z.png

More defined hair and changed eyebrow a bit?

Awww that happy Shedinja is so cute ^_^ "
I have that sprite in my game but instead with a grim-dead eyes.
This one is lot cuter :D

The  "Science" one is also great :)
But I'd keep the old hair style, closed the mouth and deleted the bow on the back.

@CK

No, I think you lost the details again. On another note, I just did a scale comparison, and I felt the head of Ivy was too short, while the backsprite looks really small compare to Bul's and placeholderVenu's.

2a0cqh1.png

Lengthened the face, but I feel I've lost a bit of the charm.

11k8613.pngmeowthback_3.png

Try kitty's backsprite again. You can do it.

@Lache

xc3cpy.png

We need a backsprite now.

Edited by Moetal

@moetal
Ill work on it some more. The black line to the left of her face just draws my eyes to it too much.

Would moving her hairline down make the face small again?
If so i think changing the right frame of her face back to a skintone will fix it.

As for the backsprite i think shell be ok if i make her two pixels taller and 1 pixel wider.
Ill play around with it.

Ill work on meowth backsprite as well.

Edit:
Better?
iivvyy3.png

Changed backsprite too
Bulb.png

Alternate color scheme
bulbalt.png

Edited by CrookedWings427

My wife was watching a lets player do a nuzlocke of this and so I decided to give the hack a shot. It is definitely a great way to spice up the game, Im trying my best not to spoil what the mons look like until I see them for myself in game,

Anyway just want to say thank you to the community for making this, I really appreciate the quality of the sprites, they are fantastic.

Also I read on bulbapedia that it changes the game making it so you can catch the starters and that you can catch eevees. Is that true? And also do pokemon that evolve threw trade evolve threw leveling instead? If this has been answered in the forum already I'm sorry I couldn't find it.