[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Hi Moetal,

I'm making a graphics patch akin to Darkshade's (I'm pretty much done) and would love to have it be compatible with the Moemon patch. However, the offsets I'm using conflict with those in your patch (confirmed via .ips comparison).

I noticed that your patch uses offsets x71A23C [end of clean FR rom?] to x79C57C, as well as x800000 to x800DB0.

I have 3 questions:

1. How did you go about inserting the new sprites? Using NSE?

2. Is the data at x800000 a table for palettes?

3. Is the data from x79C57C (which is the end of clean FR and filled with FF all the way until xD00000) to x79C57C a huge image table that I can move with a hex editor, and then just edit the pointer that points to that table?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

@OmnisScio: There's a patch checker on romhacking.net. DL and use it to compare the .ips for both mods. IIRC, the 1-386 pokemon mod works with moemon. It all comes down to where the mod maker decides to add new data inside the rom. You can always apply mods to a clean FR and just check for yourself.

Edited by Ikarus

@Ikarus

There's a program called Advanced Sprite Editor, and it auto finds spaces for me to insert. I actually don't know where the sprites are placed at since the program does it for me.

@Omni

I don't guarantee any mod to be compatible with Moemon patch. If you want to make Moemon patch to be compatible with any mod you like, you can either insert the Moemon sprites into your mod yourself, or insert any mod you want on top of the Moemon patches. Please note I do not mean patching the mod above the mod  since that's how you error and glitch it. 

@Darkflame

Design wise it's interesting. I need to see Kabuto too before I can really say anything though, since family needs to be in sync/theme.

Edited by Moetal

I on't know if this is the right place to put this but, I used this mod, and played the game.  It worked fine, but when I got the old man that teaches you how to catch pokemon, the game just stopped.  The music was still playing, but the battle scene did not start and I could not move the character.

How do I fix this?

Edit: I narrowed the problem down a bit.  Anyone else using this mod would not encounter this problem. The mod works fine as is.  I however, modded it further.  I used the gen 3 suite 1.4 to change the gender ratios to always be female and to  get rid of the trade evolutions, making them normal level up evolutions.  

I've avoided the immediate problem by using a backup version without my modifications to get past it, but I think it's safe to assume that I will encounter problems later.

Edited by OmnisScio

I'm not quite dead. Started working on Noctowl's backsprite. It's still very messy and incomplete at this point, but thoughts?

d4e6b56985.png

I think it looks quite nice, but the face seems a bit off. Maybe move the mouth up slightly and round out more of the face?

Um...I tried patching fire red and it works...until you try to patch over Ultraviolet then either it crashes or no change...can ya help me?

Nevewrmind...was a damn euroupean version. But too bad there isn't a way to make all the pokemon genders female...or mod a gen4 or five game so we can have shotamon too.

My FireRed crashes every time I hover over a Magikarp in the PC or go to the summary from my party, I haven't tested to see what happens when I encounter one in battle though (I bought my Magikarp from the guy at Mt. Moon). Do you have any idea what could be causing this to happen?