[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Ended up converting the Pikachu I was working on into Minun and Plusle since their sprites are quite lacking at the moment. Also worked on the Ditto a little more, but I'll upload the progress once it's done. (I really need practice at backsprites. I just can't seem to get them looking right at the moment. Poor, poor Plusle.)

NMpLygG.png

2Ez9FIK.png

[spoiler]

2yscN17.png

3L9V4hG.png

[/spoiler]

Ended up converting the Pikachu I was working on into Minun and Plusle since their sprites are quite lacking at the moment. Also worked on the Ditto a little more, but I'll upload the progress once it's done. (I really need practice at backsprites. I just can't seem to get them looking right at the moment. Poor, poor Plusle.)

NMpLygG.png

2Ez9FIK.png

[spoiler]

2yscN17.png

3L9V4hG.png

[/spoiler]

If all pokemon were moe like this,

I catch them all.

@Rache

I can accept this as one sprite, but not two. They're literally just mirror image with different color and very mild change to the mouth. The pose itself can be exactly mirrored, but you need to change one of the head at least - hairstyle can be similar, but should vary a bit at least. Face should have more drastic change.

Look at our current Latios and Latias for example. A clean version of Latios sprite actually does not exist and I made this one long ago from a shrinked up one I saw. I did what I could back then to enlarge it back up and, although it's low quality, he was a match to Latias. If you put them side by side, you can tell they're similar, but completely different in characteristics. Latias has slightly longer hair and a more energetic personality, while Latios has shorter hair and is relatively mild in personality. There's a bit of subtle differences here and there (primarily their dress are actually different, but some were actual technical faults than intended), but that's what makes them unique.

Plusle and Minun can have same or similar personality, but you still need to have some defining feature on each one to show they're different. Even most identical twins have slightly different trait if you look at them up close. One might have larger eyes than another, wider and/or longer face, etc. Another thing to consider is the tone of the hair. You can intentionally make them close but not exact, so they stand out a bit more from each other when they're side by side.

rib34m.png

@Moetal I sure wish to find it soon... I checked out humura's pixiv (nose still bleeding... too much H for the day) and found this:

[spoiler]

1711504_m.jpg834212_m.jpg323336_m.jpg252605_m.jpg1717186_m.jpg15132897_p0.jpg15132897_p2.jpg[/spoiler]

I know you wouldn't use it for the patch but homura's works were great...

(Yuri... too much.... H........ blood lost........ *fainted*...)

@Moetal I sure wish to find it soon... I checked out humura's pixiv (nose still bleeding... too much H for the day) and found this:

[spoiler]

1711504_m.jpg834212_m.jpg323336_m.jpg252605_m.jpg1717186_m.jpg15132897_p0.jpg15132897_p2.jpg[/spoiler]

I know you wouldn't use it for the patch but homura's works were great...

(Yuri... too much.... H........ blood lost........ *fainted*...)

Can't see your links, but I know Homura's work are great. We have Charizard modeled after his design, and if Magi ever comes back, we will get his Venusaur also.

I am back :D

@Moetal

dobrio+5b.png

I made the head a bit bigger, changed the left sleeve ( still want to try and keep the arm as it is), changed the feet a bit. I also swapped the colors to make DOdrio look a somewhat darker. Minor changes here and there.

the braid is coming out from an awkward angle (looks like it comes from her neck right now instead of the back of the head).

I dont really see what you mean, but since I changed the neck and head a bit, maybe it will look better now.

@flame
The overall looks really good now. The upper arm feels like that right side can be smoother. About the braid, it's coming out too sharp angled. Make the braid connection point (between it and the side bang/back hair) just a bit more vertical than slant. I feel the hair (side and front) are rather different from the Doduo's, so she doesn't look like she grew up from our Doduo. Face wise also. Put them side by side and you should see what I mean.

@anjel

I have pixiv account and I know his account ID. You were direct hotlinking which is forbidden by pixiv. If you need to post his images, you either upload it elsewhere, or direct the page instead of the actual image.

@Moetal 

The overall looks really good now. The upper arm feels like that right side can be smoother. About the braid, it's coming out too sharp angled. Make the braid connection point (between it and the side bang/back hair) just a bit more vertical than slant. I feel the hair (side and front) are rather different from the Doduo's, so she doesn't look like she grew up from our Doduo. Face wise also. Put them side by side and you should see what I mean.

dodrio+againb.png

Changed the hair and eyes, switched to the ribbons from the older version, ,,cleaned the right arm a bit, reverted the red color changes and tried to position the braid again.

@flame

fYMcoqa.png2hywjg0.png

Using hair/outfit colors from Doduo on your Dodrio and I roughly changed the hair to reflect Doduo. Your face was still squished up, so I lengthen it back up. I felt the ribbons were out of place. I know you were trying to show the red feather tails, but it looks super awkward on her sleeves. If you want to add the red tail feathers, I recommend putting it on her braid somewhere instead. I've edited the weird hand-pose like I pointed out previously. Edit or clean up as you see fit, but this is roughly what I see.

@Moetal

Using hair/outfit colors from Doduo on your Dodrio and I roughly changed the hair to reflect Doduo. Your face was still squished up, so I lengthen it back up. I felt the ribbons were out of place. I know you were trying to show the red feather tails, but it looks super awkward on her sleeves. If you want to add the red tail feathers, I recommend putting it on her braid somewhere instead. I've edited the weird hand-pose like I pointed out previously. Edit or clean up as you see fit, but this is roughly what I see.

All of the changes are good exept the hair coloring of both doduo and dodrio. It looks.....bad, kind of like GBC style..... Can I somehow change it?

@Moetal

All of the changes are good exept the hair coloring of both doduo and dodrio. It looks.....bad, kind of like GBC style..... Can I somehow change it?

To change it, you'd have to drop a colour elsewhere. If you can find a way, go for it~ When I got to the hair on my original edit of the Doduo, I already had 15 colours so ended up using a single light tone then reusing some browns from elsewhere. Since I merged our two versions, I copied the palette over from mine.

Although... Come to think of it, the darker brown may actually suit the original Pokemon more. The only light tones on Doduo are the beaks and legs, with all of the plumage being brown.

doduo.jpg

@Rache/flame

doduo+3b.png

I probably should've said something back then, but Rache should've stuck to this palette instead of using her own. The lighter hair (from the beak) was better imo since it separates the hair from the outfit. In my opinion, darkening the outfit isn't as ideal as using the actual colors from the original sprite, but you're free to show me an example. Again, I'm a bit of a visual guy. I like to see them before I make a decision.