[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Twilit

It's interesting, but I don't particularly like the design you have in mind. Voltorb looks like she's a baby wearing diapers, and Electrode looks like a cheerleader with an underwear on her head. What I personally think would represent Voltorb/Electrode is to have a girl holding a beach ball (monotone, striped or two colors are all fine), while herself wearing a sporty outfit or a two piece swimsuit. The face itself can be on the ball itself or on the girl's face since having it on the outfit does not look good at all from what I've seen.

[spoiler]76e02bf34f7038e75932b80449af7903.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler]98-Konachan.com%20-%2058208%20f-ism%20mu[/spoiler]

Welp, I've never done anything with pixel art before, but using these suggestions I copy pasted together a WIP voltorb/electrode. I have no clue as to how to approach the face and head however, but I hope that this might be a tiny bit useful to somebody.

bkZdrtb.pngYYjj2Me.pngeT4wurU.png7TxskOZ.png

Oops, thought I posted in this topic but I accidentally posted in the old one. I'll just copy/paste it here.

Is Nameless Sprite Editor still the go to for editing individual Pokémon sprites or is there something else that's taken its place? I'm picky :P Also is there, by any chance, a version of this patch for Emerald? I'd love to play Emerald on my Wii with these sprites. Also, how could I use Magikarp-tan as my trainer sprite in a ROM?

@Uikri

Use NSE for viewing and extracting. Use Advanced Sprite Editor and Advanced Sprite Position Editor to import. There's an Emerald Moemon patch thread. Do you even search?

I've prepared and posted the Magikarp-tan trainer sprites in this thread a while back. Look for them and swap them in yourself. Laziness is no excuse. Also, this is not a 'HOW DO I DO THIS AND THAT' thread. Please refrain from asking such questions if you are using them for personal purpose only.

@Uikri

Use NSE for viewing and extracting. Use Advanced Sprite Editor and Advanced Sprite Position Editor to import. There's an Emerald Moemon patch thread. Do you even search?

I've prepared and posted the Magikarp-tan trainer sprites in this thread a while back. Look for them and swap them in yourself. Laziness is no excuse. Also, this is not a 'HOW DO I DO THIS AND THAT' thread. Please refrain from asking such questions if you are using them for personal purpose only.

I apologize. I want to use them in ROMs and in the MMO, I just don't want to use them until I've made any adjustments that I might want. Shoot, I could even release whatever custom version I make for anyone who wants it. It's no fun keeping everything to oneself. I know about the Moemon Emerald thread, I was just wondering if there was a more updated patch. I guess I can just swap things around myself, though. If this is not the thread to ask, where can I learn how to do things like swap around sprites, since it doesn't seem to be as simple as just importing (the palettes are all wacky and there doesn't appear to be an option for trainer sprites)?

@Dairy

That looks really good. More copy and pasta will do.

25sa26g.png

27wx7k7.png

[spoiler]907gup.gif[/spoiler]

Thank you!

Forgive me if I'm being dumb, but I think there was an extra color in the hair. I was able to get rid of it without any significant quality loss and replaced a red shade in the leg that caused the shiny to get blue legs. I'll try my hand at a backsprite as well, though I don't have much confidence.

e5SlJLz.pngtNPTxJq.png

I'd also like to thank you for your dedication towards this mod. It has reignited my interest in pokemon as a whole!

@Dairy

I'm not the best when it comes to technical aspect. This is more fitting as Electrode in my opinion, so we will need Voltorb also. Can you make back sprites for them also? We can't use it in the game unless it's a complete set.

@Moetal

Terribly sorry.. It turns out that I was in fact being dumb. There wasn't any extra color, I just didn't know how advance sprite worked. I fixed the hair back,

RCYLscL.pngySqs4An.png

I was thinking the same about electrode too. I'll see what I can do for a voltorb set. Also, I threw together a back sprite using a metang. I'm thinking that she should have her hand on the ball, but I can't get it to look good.

iGl0meH.pngkJ6JTJB.png

- (Edit: The shading bugged me)

ESP: buenos días,tardes, noches, o lo que sea.
me presento para hacer un aporte, aunque insignificante, por lo menos algo para este gran proyecto.

hacerle un poco de justicia al pobre diglett el cual no a sido editado, aquí presento mi versión (de libre de edición, puede editarla a gusto)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ENG: good morning, afternoon, evening, or whatever. 
I rise to make a contribution, although insignificant, at least something to this great project. 

give some justice to the poor Diglett which not been edited, here I present my version (free editing, you can edit to taste)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JjlW1i8.png  EaSZCoE.png 
(ESP: La imagen consta de 14 colores + color de fondo, paleta de imagen varía, dentro de los colores de gba, pero no necesariamente los de pokemon rojo fuego)

(ENG: The image consists of 14 colors + background color, image palette varies inside gba colors, but not necessarily the pokemon fire red)

coming soon: Onix, Steelix.

@Abyss

(ENG)

Did you use Touhoumon as base? Those faces looks like you took them straight out of Touhoumon, so it's a bit out of sync with our style. Use faces from this link and paste on top if you can: https://dl.dropboxus...mon Sprites.zip

I like the Diglett, so keep the hair and just change the face.

The Dugtrio's size is a bit small. Make it bigger, and make the hair or add something to represent her better.

Since you are only using 15 palette, maybe add one more tone of color/shading to the hair with your last palette.

(SPANISH)

¿Utilizó Touhoumon como base? Esos rostros parece que las tomó directamente de Touhoumon, así que es un poco fuera de sintonía con nuestro estilo. Utilice caras desde este enlace y pegar en la parte superior si es posible: https://dl.dropboxus...mon Sprites.zip

Me gusta la Diglett, por lo que mantener el pelo y sólo cambiar la cara. 

Tamaño del Dugtrio es un poco pequeña. Que sea más grande, y hacer que el cabello o añadir algo para que la represente mejor.

Puesto que usted está utilizando solamente 15 paleta, tal vez añadir un tono más del color / sombreado al pelo con su última gama de colores.

He utilizado el traductor de google, así que mi redacción podría ser malo.

La bienvenida a bordo.