[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Magi

I got busy and was really tired last night, so excuse my derpy-ness.

Anyways, 9 variations for both sprites. The last 10 are just tone/contrast changes. I feel the slightly lighter tone on the dark shade skin for Haunter and Gastly made it better. I'm particularly fond of the third Gastly on the third row and the blue Haunter on the last row.

Not gonna spoiler this.

2liebfd.png

@Magi

I got busy and was really tired last night, so excuse my derpy-ness.

Anyways, 9 variations for both sprites. The last 10 are just tone/contrast changes. I feel the slightly lighter tone on the dark shade skin for Haunter and Gastly made it better. I'm particularly fond of the third Gastly on the third row and the blue Haunter on the last row.

Not gonna spoiler this.

2liebfd.png

I think I need some work to do...

But I like the Bottom shines.

Greetings

I have been interested in moemon for a while now, and only just found this site.  There has been a lot of great work here, I thought I would contribute. 

I find it odd that as the series mascot, pikachu has only the basic moemon sprite, so here's my attempt to improve on it. 

xbhbfo.jpg2mynihf.jpg

I used the Glalie sprite as a starting point.  The basic moemon sprite has the ears flopping downwards, and I don't think the expression is excited enough. 

@OmnisScio

Your Pikachu is off to a good start. Try to outline it with black instead of just the dark tones, and make sure your front's ribbon reflects the back's ribbon in terms of length. I'm not particularly fond of your designs though. Food for thoughts:

[spoiler]14aidxy.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler]5v910k.png[/spoiler]

@Rache

When are you going to do the backsprites for the previous ones you started on? The Houndour looks pretty good, but the face/hair need to be worked on. Face ain't moe, and it's super pale like a ghost. Outline the arms/hands/thigh with black, and redefine the hands a bit more when you have a chance. Is that suppose to be fur around her neck, or just a normal collar?

@Rache

When are you going to do the backsprites for the previous ones you started on? The Houndour looks pretty good, but the face/hair need to be worked on. Face ain't moe, and it's super pale like a ghost. Outline the arms/hands/thigh with black, and redefine the hands a bit more when you have a chance. Is that suppose to be fur around her neck, or just a normal collar?

I'll do those backsprites when I have some more time. I'm quite awful at backsprites though, so don't expect much~

I'll edit the Houndour later, but can't guarantee that it'll be good. It's supposed to be a normal collar.

I had a bit of spare time today and not much else I could really do, so converted some unused sprites (Luxray, Kricketune, Kyogre) into moes that are currently lacking a bit.

GoVqorx.png

Furret (Luxray)

AYq0hEP.png

Weepinbell (Kricketune)

Uoisgvv.png

Kingler (Kyogre)

fGcZ6Xv.png

@Rache

The Furret is the only semi-acceptable one, and even then I feel she could be edited even further. Kingler doesn't look like Kingler, and Weepinbell is a bit chubby to be moe. Again, family lines need to sync with each other. Please don't just make one sprite; I need Sentret also, and the entire Bellsprout family. 

m8n391.jpg

@Rache

The Furret is the only semi-acceptable one, and even then I feel she could be edited even further. Kingler doesn't look like Kingler, and Weepinbell is a bit chubby to be moe. Again, family lines need to sync with each other. Please don't just make one sprite; I need Sentret also, and the entire Bellsprout family. 

m8n391.jpg

While it admittedly doesn't look like Kingler, the current sprite definitely needs a revamp~ It's quite terrifying. *coughMagiplscough*

Weepinbell is supposed to be wearing a large coat of sorts, which seems quite fitting since the Pokemon itself is a similar shape to the above sprite (which is why I chose Kricketune specifically).

163.png

Will work on Furret some more a bit later, and will attempt Sentret too I guess.

What are the dimensions of the sprites? I may try to do some pixel art though ive never done it before but still, i wanna contribute :3

Sprites have to be 64x64 pixels, and contain no more than 16 colours (including the background, which will become transparent upon insertion).

Sprites have to be 64x64 pixels, and contain no more than 16 colours (including the background, which will become transparent upon insertion).

The background can be any colour? Also, can i chose any 16 colours or is there a limit to which i can use?

The background can be any colour? Also, can i chose any 16 colours or is there a limit to which i can use?

The background can be any colour. Personally I find the blue used in the sprites I recently added to be the least distracting and easiest to work with.

You can choose any 16 colours. Some will look slightly different upon insertion but it's barely noticeable, if at all.

The background can be any colour. Personally I find the blue used in the sprites I recently added to be the least distracting and easiest to work with.

You can choose any 16 colours. Some will look slightly different upon insertion but it's barely noticeable, if at all.

Alrighty then! Ty ill try and see if i can accomplish anything :)