[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I was a little concerened about the sprite sizes you guys were going for at first, but the dynamic poses work for a lot of the pokemon.

But I feel like the Eeveelutions don't need to be put in such a pose, seeing as the actual evolutions (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon etc.) aren't too much bigger than Eevee.

Might be a little too late with this seeing as you're pretty much done with that chain, but I'm only using them as an example.

I have a problem :( When I patch the rom file I can see it kind of.

I can see my party on the side fine

[spoiler]dd35b11a8c.png[/spoiler]

But if I right click on them to see their info they show up as normal pokemon, they also show up normal in battles. Any idea how to fix it?

I have a problem :( When I patch the rom file I can see it kind of.

I can see my party on the side fine

[spoiler]dd35b11a8c.png[/spoiler]

But if I right click on them to see their info they show up as normal pokemon, they also show up normal in battles. Any idea how to fix it?

You have to go into your settings and turn DS sprites off~

[quote name="RacheLucario" post="773465" timestamp="1398578170"]

You have to go into your settings and turn DS sprites off~[/quote]
Ah haha thank you, I had just read the OP again and I seen the guide to activating and realized I didn't do that. Thank you for the quick response though ^^

I wish the follow sprite was of a moemon too, not the pokemon~ oh well haha

Personally, I think it would already be sufficient if at least some of the overworld pokemon sprites were modified into moemon for immersion's sake: the zoo at Fuchsia City could especially profit from such a change. But it's also true that overhauling all moemon battle sprites is more important at the moment. Ah well, maybe at some other time in the future.

@Kami

Well there's only five or so Pokemon at the zoo, and it's Voltorb, Kangaskhan, Chansey, Omastar, and Slowpoke. None of them are particularly moe at the moment as we haven't revamp any of them. Can't really profit anything from this.

@Magi

I'm not exactly sure about this, but I feel the head might look better balanced if you move it one or two pixel to the left. The left side of the white dress feels long as oppose to your right side (since it starts at a higher point and perspective should make it tinier/smaller to begin with). The right sleeve feels really flat at the moment, probably because your shading tone color is a bit higher than it should. Your right hand/arm/sleeve might look better proportioned if it was enlarged by a pixel. Eyebrow on the backsprite should be more visible if you move it up by a pixel or two. Can you rework the eye shapes a bit? You always do that same eye shape~

@Magi

I'm a sucker for blondes, and Jolteon is actually my favorite Pokemon ever since I first started playing Pokemon Blue (before I had my blondes preference or fell into the moe hole). I admit I'm being a little bit extra picky on Jolteon, but it can't be helped; I can't help it myself either. The original had hair covering one eye, and I felt that wasn't very Jolteon-like. I thought it's easier to just paste a face on if I have to edit the head/hair/face.

Edit: Dat Wartortle.

[spoiler]2w7o1w5.jpg[/spoiler]

@Blinky

Lol, the Japanese have also given a name to every kind of sitting position as well, because sitting is serious business.  Seiza, wariza, agura, etc.

I think I liked it better when the japanese were more concerned about how to most gracefully cut someone's head off rather than sitting etiquette. Also nice sprite, interesting choice of hairstyle for absol but where the legs meet the body is a little jumbled.

I, for one, see no problem with the beautiful brownies.