[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

If there is a later patch do you have to restart the game from the beginning or is there a way to save the progress?

No, you don't. Nothing is ever saved on the actual rom file 

Edit: We should probably put a "frequently asked questions" section on the opening post to avoid this

@axx

Well the two pink shades differs because the original palette gives one set of shades for the hair and one set for the shirt..

Edit:

Here look at this...

dragoniteAlt2_zps99c8c31d.png

dragoniteAlt3_zps702035f3.png

I didn't change the color of the shirt...

And here's a purple...

dragoniteAlt1_zpsd9cae57e.png

I remember when did a Pink Dragonite and a Blue one. I was reminded about Golbat and the other was so hard to work with.

Ok made both red Hamaka and Blue Hamaka variations of the Shiny Ninetales sprite along with making the colour table of the back Ninetales sprite match the Front Ninetales sprite for easy insertion into Fire Red

038_ninetales_back_shiny_blue_hamaka_x2_038_ninetales_back_shiny_red_hamaka_x2_b

038_ninetales_front_shiny_blue_hamaka_x2038_ninetales_front_shiny_red_hamaka_x2_

038_ninetales_back_v1_1_x2_by_zork_787-d

And I don't know why people are making shiny sprites for Moemon that are already in the Rom, doesn't really seem all that worthwhile if you ask me, but if your dead set on doing it you should at least try to stick to the official Shiny colours such as Dragonite being Green when shiny

149.png149bc_kairyu_micchon_by_zork_787-d7fdz2o149cc_kairyu_nashina_by_zork_787-d7fdz2n149dc_kairyu_nurarihyon_by_zork_787-d7fd149ec_kairyu_by_zork_787-d7fdz2g.png149sc_kairyu02_by_zork_787-d7fdz2d.png

Also for some odd reason I don't actually have that specific Dragonite Sprite but w/e

Also did Shiny Tentacool with it's official Shiny colour's and matching and like I did for Ninetales I made the colour palette of the back sprite match the front sprite

072_tentacool_front_hat_shiny_v1_x2_by_z072_tentacool_back_hat_shiny_v1_x2_by_zo072_tentacool_back_hat_v1_x2_by_zork_787

@Moetal

I did upload it...

tentacruel's gem is green instead of orange

@zork

I did it green when Moetal asked me to make the shiny version

most of the visitors don't want a flying green poo that is shaped like a dragon...

It's kind of like a business, give them what they demand..

It's a free country you can do whatever you want...

I can make a green version again if you want...

@anjel

Ah you edited your previous post. I didn't see it earlier.

Shiny versions are just a luxury item really since most people are unlikely to get them. Generally I want them to follow their original sprite colors a bit, but if the sprite won't look good in that color or won't stand out, I won't force it.

@Magi

The edit is good. Now that I think about it, wasn't Volbeat male only? I'd say make it a bit more masculine or at least a pretty-boy instead of being a female.

And I don't know why people are making shiny sprites for Moemon that are already in the Rom, doesn't really seem all that worthwhile if you ask me, but if your dead set on doing it you should at least try to stick to the official Shiny colours such as Dragonite being Green when shiny

149.png149bc_kairyu_micchon_by_zork_787-d7fdz2o149cc_kairyu_nashina_by_zork_787-d7fdz2n149dc_kairyu_nurarihyon_by_zork_787-d7fd149ec_kairyu_by_zork_787-d7fdz2g.png149sc_kairyu02_by_zork_787-d7fdz2d.png

Also for some odd reason I don't actually have that specific Dragonite Sprite but w/e

I personally hate baby poop green Dragonite, and am glad it's been changed.If you personally don't like a particular shiny feel free to change it, no one ever said that they have to have the original colours/pallet. 

I'm actually kinda happy with this one. Kept the design somewhat similar to the old Sneasel, but not exactly the same. Probably needs the usual edits. The background colour is lighter than usual to make things easier to see, but since it'll be transparent anyway it's a non-issue.

d1f0QrQ.png

IFTaiI0.png

Tried fixing it. Still probably looks off though. Adjusted shading a bit too.

5dnnpXz.png

I have to say I like this one better. And I have yet another question, how do you guys make these? And Second question. Why isn't anyone changing the start logo? Would be nice if it said Moemon and there where a nice picture of one of the Moemons instead of the Charizard.

I have to say I like this one better. And I have yet another question, how do you guys make these? And Second question. Why isn't anyone changing the start logo? Would be nice if it said Moemon and there where a nice picture of one of the Moemons instead of the Charizard.

This should pretty much cover how they're made, or at least how I do things Starting basic and building it up/adjusting things.

aa27e57a7c.png

Since this patch is made primarily for PokeMMO (which lacks the Charizard title screen), I assume that said Charizard is really low priority at the moment if it gets done at all.