[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Hey there, been keeping an eye on this thread teh past couple of days my interest in Moemon came back again and liking what I'm seeing so far and looking forward to seeing this finished though I'm curious if you guys are gonna be doing all 386 Pokemon cos I had a bit of a search but couldn't find anything about it?

038%20Ninetales%20Front%20v1%20x2.png

(for ninetales shiny sprite, don't change the outfit colour)

038_ninetales_front_shiny_v1_x2_by_zork_

Here ya go, though I think changing the colour of the hakama would actually help make the shiny appear more distinct but that's just me, but I do get what your going for with not wanting the outfit colour to be changed.

@zork

The idea is to do 1-386, although there are already a lot of good sprites out there that don't need to be replaced.

The reason the hakama couldn't be changed is because the pink is the same colour as the blush.  If its really a problem though I can probably replace the darkest skin tone with some other colour, thus freeing up one colour to be reserved for the blush.

The shiny looks nice!  I think the darkest shade of silver/gray could be closer to black than it currently is.

I think changing the red to the light blue that's at the end of regular shiny Ninetales' sprite would be a nice idea

funny fact about that is while normal Ninetale's tail tips are orange and shiny Ninetale's tail tips are blue in its official artwork, it wasn't actually shown on it's sprite until Gen 4 for some reason despite Ninetale's sprite only using 13 colours, the other 3 unused colour's being occupied by the filler pink colour

ninetales_colour_palette_by_zork_787-d7f

Gen 3       Gen 4 onwards

038.png 038.png

038.png 038.png

but I digress, at any rate I also did a version with a blue Hakama for the sake of comparison

038_ninetales_front_shiny_v2_x2_by_zork_

Gotta love dem blue Blushies

Hi, I'm new in the moemon world and I haven't read all the thread, but I have one single question: "It's possible to use cheats in the patched Moemon rom?" I want to complete the Moedex, but the Green Leaf moemons are impossible to get without cheats. (Sorry if I spelled wrong something, I'm not good at english grammar)

Hi, I'm new in the moemon world and I haven't read all the thread, but I have one single question: "It's possible to use cheats in the patched Moemon rom?" I want to complete the Moedex, but the Green Leaf moemons are impossible to get without cheats. (Sorry if I spelled wrong something, I'm not good at english grammar)

I posted my question before I saw what you had written. But yes you can use Game Shark cheats and such. But now I know I have to do that to get the LeafGreen moemons.

Can you catch all Moemons in this version? Or is there any excluded like there is in the original FireRed?

yes, cheats and all the like work the same. Only the sprites are changed, everything else is the same 

I posted my question before I saw what you had written. But yes you can use Game Shark cheats and such. But now I know I have to do that to get the LeafGreen moemons.

yes, cheats and all the like work the same. Only the sprites are changed, everything else is the same 

Ah, excellent, now I can complete the moedex xD

Can you catch all Moemons in this version? Or is there any excluded like there is in the original FireRed?

This patch only alters the sprites nothing else. You can catch them in PokeMMO (If they're implemented), but not in Fire Red

@anjelo

We're all human, we have desires and stuff. Jokes aside, Rache seem to have wanted to do all the birds, so I had Magi skip. Your Pidgey edit looks pretty good, but this is a family line, you must show a Pidgeotto and Pidgeot also as a synced family or it's unacceptable. I'd color the eyes also when you get a chance, and make sure the yellow/brown/yellow on the hair is divided evenly.