[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Magi

Can you provide all the sprites you made this week in 64x64 format? Also, I'm actually going to let you do shiny sprite also (only need the front) since I seem to wreck the palette every time I try and you have better color sense than me anyways.

On side note, you can actually change your GUI to make all your Moemon females (or male, or genderless).

xm31ad.png

All you have to do is put this file into your data/themes/default/textures folder and replace. I recommend you to save a copy of the original in case you want to turn that female sign back to male. Blue for tomboy Moemons, and Pink for girly Moemons. If you are using another theme, please stick this in that theme folder's textures folder instead.

Edit: Please note the gender symbols are purposely misaligned by the Pokemmo team. I could realign them if needed.

@anjelo

Please see above.

@Magi

Yes, the shiny must be in the same order as the front sprite.

Upper thigh is a bit short/lower leg too long. The other leg feels like it's a bit too left and not joining her at the hip. Make the right shoulder maybe 1 or 2 pixels closer to the face.

@Jason

In a 8 bit sprite, you can have a certain number of colors, and the full set of colors you are using is called a 'palette'. In case of Pokemon/Moemon, we have 16 colors. For space saving purpose, the game only saves the sprite once. It will read your sprite with it's normal palette, then a second time as shiny by using a different palette.

Let's say the arrangement of my normal sprite is Black/Brown/Red/Green. If the color changed for shiny is Red and Green to Blue and Yellow respectively, then you must make a palette of Black/Brown/Blue/Yellow. If your palette is Brown/Black/Yellow/Blue or any other order, then your Shiny will have mixed up colors. How you actually check the palette is depending on your tool/program. I specifically uses a program called IrfanView for the sake of making Shinnies.

Edit:

@Magi

Try what Kami said below; ear muffs.

So @Kelarr's idea a possibility?

i think editing this file will do:

pokeMMO\data\gui\res\icons\gender_icons.png

edit: welp, i read the last page and moetal already told you where to find the file

On side note, you can actually change your GUI to make all your Moemon females (or male, or genderless).

xm31ad.png

All you have to do is put this file into your data/themes/default/textures folder and replace. I recommend you to save a copy of the original in case you want to turn that female sign back to male. Blue for tomboy Moemons, and Pink for girly Moemons. If you are using another theme, please stick this in that theme folder's textures folder instead.

Edit: Please note the gender symbols are purposely misaligned by the Pokemmo team. I could realign them if needed.

Was actually going to look into a simple fix for this for people tonight. But you got it already, cheers.