[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

9 hours ago, OctoPOPS said:

congrats i love it. I just got 2 quick questions,

1. whats in the new patch update?

2. what rom hacks besides mega firered supports the moemon patch?

Have a great day.

1. As usual, I do not list what is updated and prefer the players to explore the world themselves

2. Off topic 

I've only found out about this patch after 2.6 dropped, but I scanned the thread and noticed some people have been able to randomize, but I can't seem to get it to work on 2.6.

If I patch Moemon onto Fire Red, it works fine. If I randomize Fire Red it works fine. If I try to Randomize MoeMon, I get a "No Static Pokemon" error from the Universal Randomizer, but if I patch the randomized Fire Red I can start the game just fine, everything works normally until I get to hand Oak's Parcel over and he just keeps asking me how his pokemon is doing and I'm stuck in an endless text box. I've even tried Limiting the randomizer to only Gen 1 pokemon and no Gen 2 evolutions/babies.

Is it possible that Patch 2.6 broke something as people were randomizing Patch 2.5 just fine

11 hours ago, Scipo0419 said:

I've only found out about this patch after 2.6 dropped, but I scanned the thread and noticed some people have been able to randomize, but I can't seem to get it to work on 2.6.

If I patch Moemon onto Fire Red, it works fine. If I randomize Fire Red it works fine. If I try to Randomize MoeMon, I get a "No Static Pokemon" error from the Universal Randomizer, but if I patch the randomized Fire Red I can start the game just fine, everything works normally until I get to hand Oak's Parcel over and he just keeps asking me how his pokemon is doing and I'm stuck in an endless text box. I've even tried Limiting the randomizer to only Gen 1 pokemon and no Gen 2 evolutions/babies.

Is it possible that Patch 2.6 broke something as people were randomizing Patch 2.5 just fine

I was able to randomize the patch just fine, its probably got to do with your rom.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, OctoPOPS said:

I was able to randomize the patch just fine, its probably got to do with your rom.

I've tried it with two different ROMs, same issue with both.  If I apply the patch first, the randomizer tells me there's "no static pokemon", if I apply the Randomizer first then Oak gets caught in a loop of giving me the pokedex.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:38 AM, Scipo0419 said:

I've tried it with two different ROMs, same issue with both.  If I apply the patch first, the randomizer tells me there's "no static pokemon", if I apply the Randomizer first then Oak gets caught in a loop of giving me the pokedex.

I do not know what exactly gets broken or changed in the process of patching Revival that prevents the randomizer from working 100% of the time, but you can randomize just fine if you do not choose custom starters or change the static Pokemon. This is likely what the "no static Pokemon" error is referring to. You can, however, choose to randomize starters completely or to any three stage Moemon.

Edit: The new Flareon title screen might be the culprit for why the patch is not 100% compatible with the Universal Randomizer. I personally never set Custom starters which is why I didn't think to test that option.

Edited by Leafjewel
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Question said:

So I can't seem to be able to play the rom due it being .ips and not a playable rom file. How would I fix this?

You have to apply the patch (using a program like Lunar IPS) to an appropriate Pokémon FireRed ROM (not all FireRed ROMs work correctly with the patch) and then play that.

Edited by SwordX
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Top_Totodile
On 3/23/2014 at 6:44 AM, Moetal said:

Moemon Fire Red Revival Project

Rejoice, moe friends and moe lovers! After countless hours battling bytes and pixels, we've completed a Moemon Patch! In addition to the updates BakaSchwarz did to his patch and the updates in previous Moegar/Moetal editions (which can be founded at the link below), we've sprited, editted, and added tons of cute sprites in game.

Project RESTART
In progress

starters.png

Moemon Fire Red Revival Project FAQ:
*Read first before posting questions*

Reveal hidden contents

About Moemon in general:

Q. What is moemon?
A. Moe Pokemon.  Pokemon as "moe" human-like characters.

Q. What does "moe" mean?
A. "Moe is a Japanese term used in connection with manga or anime to describe something precious, usually (but not

always) the ideal of youthful and innocent femininity. Written with the kanji for "to bud or sprout" (萌), the concept covers

a range of ideal behaviour for youthful female characters in manga or anime."

Q. So... Pokemon as cute little girls?
A. Mostly, yeah.  Exceptions are made for Pokemon with a 100% male gender ratio, which will be male Moemon.

Q. I see the word "gijinka" used sometimes.  What does that mean?
A. Gijinka is a Japanese term meaning anthropomorphism.  It is written in kanji as 擬人化.  Basically, it means to take

something non-human and make it human-like.

About the IPS patch:

Q. How do I install the patch?
A. Download the latest version of the IPS file and use Lunar IPS (or any other similar patcher) to patch your "clean"

(unmoddified) English (US) version of Pokemon Fire Red v1.0.  That's all there is to it.

Q. I patched it, but it doesn't work right.  What did I do wrong?
A. This sort of problem comes up very frequently, and 99.9% of the time, the problem is from using a

corrupted/moddified/wrong version of the ROM.  Find the correct version of Fire Red and try again.

Q. What exactly does the patch change?
A. All of the Pokemon battle sprites (both front and back) and menu icons, including shiny versions.  That's it.  There are

no plans to change anything else.

Q. So, can I catch <insert Pokemon here>?
A. If you can catch it in the original Fire Red, then yes.  Pokemon availability is unchanged.

Q. Can I make my own patch using your Moemon sprites?
A. Yes.  Do whatever you want.  It would be nice to point out where you got the sprites from, though.

Q. Does the patch work with PokeMMO?
A. Yes.  Just turn off DS sprites in the options menu and it should work like normal.

Q. Are you planning on doing XXX Pokemon?

A. We are doing FireRed Pokemon, so we will eventually do all 1-386. Pokemon in the later generations are not in our plans at the moment.

About spriting:

Q. I found some sprites online, can you use them?
A. Maybe.  Chances are pretty good that they've already been posted in the thread or are in McMagister's Moemon

sprite collection linked in the OP.  If you're sure they're new, however, you can share them.

Q. I'd like to help with drawing sprites.  How do I get started?
A. Find a sprite that needs to be revamped and use your favorite image editor to work on it.

Q. What image editing software should I use?
A. Anything that lets you pick colors, draw single pixels and save as png files.  MS Paint, Paint.Net, Gimp, Photoshop,

etc.  Whatever you feel most comfortable using.

Q. What are the technical specifications of a sprite?
A. The front and back sprites are each 64x64 pixels.  While it doesn't matter how many colors you use while working on

a sprite, no more than 16 colors, including the background color, can be used for the final image that will be imported

into the game/put into the patch.  This is due to a technical limitation of the GBA.  It is a good idea to keep that color

limit in mind while working on a sprite.  The shiny variation of each Pokemon must be identical to the normal variation,

but has a separate 16 color palette.  A full set of sprites for one Pokemon would be a 256x64 image with 4 sprites from

left to right: normal front, shiny front, normal back, and shiny back.

Q. What's the difference between the front sprite and the back sprite?
A. The front sprite typically shows the front of the Pokemon.  This is the opposing one you see on the right side of the

battle screen in-game.  The back sprite typically shows the back of the Pokemon.  It is the one on the left side of the

battle screen in-game that's on your team.  The back sprite can have cutoff at the bottom, in other words, the image

looks like it continues farther down, but doesn't.  The bottom of the back sprite will be covered by the attack menu in-

game.

Q. How do I share my work?
A. Save your image as a png file and upload it to your favorite image sharing website (tinypic, imgur, postimg,

photobucket, etc.)  To make it easier for others to see the details, double the size of the image from 64x64 to 128x128

before uploading it.  Use img tags in your forum post with the link to the image.

Q. I'm not good at drawing pixel art.  Is there anything else I can do to help?
A. You can give constructive criticism, share designs and ideas, share your opinion, and give encouragement.

Download:

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 2.6, for Fire Red) <--- This is the latest patch

Older Downloads:
  Reveal hidden contents
Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 2.5.) 

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 2.4.) 

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 2.2. There is no 2.3) 

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 2.1) 

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 2.0) 

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 1.95) 

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 1.9)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/u88chd

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 1.8)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/sk586l

Moemon IPS Patch (Revival Project 1.7)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iz5brm

Change Log:

Reveal hidden contents

9-11-16: Stuff.

7-30-16: Upgraded Arcanine, a bit of stuff here and there.

5-1-16: Just a small patch. Happy International Labor Day.

11-2-15: "War has changed" edition. Wartortle and Blastoise SECOND revamp. Poliwag family revamp (still WIP). Crobat, Farfetch, Cubone, Venonat, Shedinja, Hariyama, and Furret changed . Minor edits on Jynx and Sandslash. 

8-2-15: Nidoran family (both F and M) revamped. Oddish and Kangaskhan revamped. Minor fixes on Magikarp, Onix, Muk, and Jolteon.

7-4-15: Look for them.

6-7-15: In celebration of Twitchplaysmoemon, Charmander family's shiny variation color were all changed to white in honor of their starter, FFF the white Charmander.  Pikachu, Mankey and Diglett family revamped. Sneasel revamped due to popular demand. Minor correction on Ponyta's shiny variation colors.

9-23-14: 40+ sprites has been changed. Many gen 1 family were changed. I'm not going to spoil your fun. Go explore the new world and see what was changed yourself!

6-24-14: Voltorb, Gastly and Remoraid family changed. Gardevoir, Absol, and Mantine changed. 

4-25-14: Tentacool changed! Hurray! Weedle and Caterpie family changed. Flareon, Umbreon, Ninetales, Snorlax, Volbeat and changed. Minor changes and fixes.

4-9-14: Psyduck (but it's not up to standard still, will revisit), Corsola, Fearow, Magneton and Wobbuffet changed. Dragonite position fixed. All three starters, Vulpix, and Sandslash shrinked.
3-23-14: Revamp starters. Dragonair, Dragonite and Medicham changed. Hidden gems here and there.
1-29-13: Released the "2-1-13 version" despite being a few days early. I've imported so much in this patch, I've actually lost count. Also manually fixed a few sprites that were added in during the last update (I'm actually proud of what I did to Rhydon).
1-18-13: Corrected/changed another 70+ sprites. Readjusted all sprite positions in battle. Flying/levitate Pokemon now have a "shadow", whereas non-flying/levitate pokemon do not.
1-11-13: Corrected/changed 70+ sprites.

Link:

BakaSchwarz's Patch
https://forums.pokem...dated-graphics/

Moemon Activation Guide...?
https://forums.pokem...age__hl__moemon

Old Locked Topic
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/11707-ips-moemon-patch-moegar-feb-2013-version/

Discord for Moemon

https://discord.gg/bC6RwQp

Moemon Patreon (If you would like to support)

https://www.patreon.com/moemondevelopment

Extra:

Credit to numerous Japanese sprite artists, BakaSchwarz, RacheLucario, McMagister, DiaryProduct, Eggplant, Kickern, CrookedWings427, laGashetaHardcore, toottoot and other spriters and updaters. (Please let me know if I missed your name)

Please feel free to let me know if there's any error, or if you have found sprites that are more moe than the ones in the patch currently.

*Trainer Magikarp-tan not included, please feel free to add her in yourself.

https://www.mediafire.com/?9ufmugixr02rl2m

(Credit to Kickern)

I need help im trying to do a randomizer for firered using moemon but everytime i try it glitches out when I receive the pokedex 

Basically what happens is i get it then when it say i get it loops back to the beginning text with Oak talking to us about our starter and redoes the whole convo and then my rival walks off screen heading up when it queues him to arrive idk whats happening

If youre wondering what im doing i tale the rom randomize it and then i patch Moemon to it ive tried with even just randomizing the starters only too

I also have the national dex put in, along with running insides

Im guessing now it might be the national dex bit but thats gonna be kinda needed if i want to play a randomizer well

• 3 weeks later...

So im trying to use it on pokemmo. I patched it with lunar. I applied the new patched file to the game. and no moemon. I ensured the rom was v1.0 untouched and pure.

There is no longer any option that I can see to disable DS sprites. what should I do? 

Edited by Vixeon
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know if it's a problem on my end but, i can't get the patch to work (no matter the version). I'm using Lunar IPS as stated above and it does say it was patched. When I launch the game, I don't see any sprite changes to the pokemon. I'm using an emulator since I don't have a gameboy and the ROM is from the top two searches I get for searching for one (downloadroms.io and emulatorgames.net). If this is an emulator problem or a problem with a ROM (or I'm pooped), then please tell me. I want to be able to help my own friends with this problem.

Edit:Nvm, I'm just pooped, I was using version 1.1 of fire red, not 1.0.

Edited by Santereva
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 10:53 PM, Guest Top_Totodile said:

I need help im trying to do a randomizer for firered using moemon but everytime i try it glitches out when I receive the pokedex 

Basically what happens is i get it then when it say i get it loops back to the beginning text with Oak talking to us about our starter and redoes the whole convo and then my rival walks off screen heading up when it queues him to arrive idk whats happening

If youre wondering what im doing i tale the rom randomize it and then i patch Moemon to it ive tried with even just randomizing the starters only too

I also have the national dex put in, along with running insides

Im guessing now it might be the national dex bit but thats gonna be kinda needed if i want to play a randomizer well

Same problem here.