[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal

I like the new back sprite design.

But I'm not really sure on the new fan design in the front sprite. It blocks pretty much everything that makes her unique from other 3rd evo sprites. Maybe if it didn't block her entire lower half of her body? 

Maybe a pose like dodrios? Except facing forward.

I really do like the thought of a giant fan. 

Also I think the problem with the original back sprites arm and fan is the failed foreshortening.

Thoughts?

fgvRtys.png

Edited by CrookedWings427

@Zaranius You need LunarIPS or something similar. You then open the ips file you want to apply to the rom and confirm, or you can double click the ips file (with LunarIPS installed) then locate the rom you need to patch it with and confirm and you should be good.

For anyone else with technical help questions, please ask them in their appropriate topics/threads :)

Spoiler

plz don't hurt me

jIMtpIr.jpg

Edited by GetRekdm8

@CrookedWings427

Well the problem is that the fan is too large to fit in the backsprite, and the arm is completely squished at the moment. Again front and backsprite doesn't have to match perfectly, we can keep the fan in the front and have no fan in the back. 

aqua.png

I tried some editing, then I got annoyed and started painting.

Progress cannot be made without breaking some walls.

science.png

Edited by Moetal

New back sprite looks good.

I like the front sprite on the bottom row 3rd in. The right arm looks like it'd be a difficult angle though. I could try it.

I also like 3rd and 4th on top. I think the right arm on the 4th could relax a bit more she almost looks like a cheerleader but I do like it.

I do like the first on the bottom a lot too I think I've just become attached to the bubbles on her dress.

Edited by CrookedWings427
37 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Apply the IPS patch to the Firered ROM being used for PokeMMO.

Ok, but how do I do this? I tried to acces the activation guide, but it's not available anymore...

Should I patch the Emerald too?

Edited by SaigaBR

Not gonna lie, was super hyped for large fan Seadra. but at this point any Seadra sprite is an update from the current one. 

Poor Donphan though. Been so long and no one's tried to update the poor girl. I have an idea in my head, but it's probably trash and I'm not super confident in my drawing ability to people able to get the idea across well enough. Perhaps I'll share it with you all if I can get the drive to actually make a rough sketch.

Maybe the metal bow is a better idea for beldum. I'm not going to be any good for actually creating beldum. Also, if up side down Metang is to weird, she could be turn into right-side-up levitating Metang. Hair is harder upsidedown.

GJGOTGZ.pnglike 19 colors, didn't clean.

Edited by Septentrion
19 hours ago, SaigaBR said:

Ok, but how do I do this? I tried to acces the activation guide, but it's not available anymore...

Should I patch the Emerald too?

You patch the Fire Red rom and you turn off the "DS Sprites" in your Settings (DS Options).

@Moetal

Better.

bv1AnlQ.png

Edit 3 (Using toottoot's front sprite):

WC2ONmv.png

UFQgf3p.png

I have my own edits for Kabutops that I did a while ago, too:

vQGQDRl.png

Cats meow loudly and get their hair everywhere.  One cat is okay, but don't try to have two or more in the same house.

I like the taller Meowth, but you know it's too tall for the sprite.  Not a fan of how the fang looks, despite it being a prominent feature on the original Pokemon.

Edit:

GT2fTTX.png

8EB2lYj.png

Kinda thinking about making alternate shiny versions for both based on their Alolan variants.

Edit 2:

??????

oEofi7H.png

llQ2f8e.png

Edited by Kickern

pR1g5hd.png

Matched backsprite eye style a little (added black, sloped eyes down)

The outlining on weezing/koffing looks a little rough in some places, I can try to clean it by tomorrow?

Edit: Changes to cat, feel free to ignore. Just noticed that in this the left eyebrow (our left) is too far left.

ER0hRqq.png

Edit Edit: I also got confused over the colors and used an eye/dark orange shade on the chin instead of the dark hair shade. Palette for this sprite probably has to be fixed, or shinies will look a bit funny (brown outline on the hair for the grey shinies, etc.)

Edited by toottoot
12 minutes ago, Septentrion said:

It is possible that a moemon game with all 802 pokemon may exist in the near future. I would wait for a more stable version, but it is a thing to keep in mind.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=364889

I have to wonder if that IPS and Moemon would be compatible, also if sprites would be messed up and shared, since this looks to be another hack with reskined mons.