[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

36 minutes ago, Aryeos said:

I'd like to ask this again since I didn't get a response.

No, the one being worked here is just available for firered

and there's someone on another thread who also ported

it to emerald iirc...

@edit

Sketching Walrein right now :3

Edited by Maelstrom

Does anyone else think metagross is a little small? I think her legs could be pulled down and reconnected pretty easily.

I'm probably gonna sketch alakazam later today to see what can be added x.x

Sketching yielded little results but the hair is spikier and theres a headband x.x 

I'm gonna keep playing with it.

Yejls9P.jpg

Edited by CrookedWings427

Can someone tell me (or link me) how you would go about making the sprites in this thread + McMagister's collection ready for insertion? I know they have to be 8bpp, but I'm not sure how to change what you guys have posted into that.

I'm looking to finish up the moemon HGSS patch since the various spriting is already completed.

@Aryeos Plenty of programs like Photoshop, paint.net and one called irfanview I think can reduce an image's colors/check to see if they have gone over the 16 color limit.

@ZiggyZag I don't know about making Alakazam's head bigger, it already looks good for moemon proportions IMO, anything bigger would start making her look like a full blown chibi with normal sized limbs.

Edited by GetRekdm8
37 minutes ago, GetRekdm8 said:

@Aryeos Plenty of programs like Photoshop, paint.net and one called irfanview I think can reduce an image's colors/check to see if they have gone over the 16 color limit.

So most of what you guys have posted here/the stuff in the collection are ready for insertion, all I need to do is convert them to 8bpp?

@Aryeos As far as I can tell, sprites like the above Alakazam by CrookedWings427 are already 8 bits as I tested just now by pasting it into photoshop and seeing this: 

Spoiler

oAvk6j1.png

Be careful though, because some sprites might still be over 16 colors, though usually if posted by Moetal or someone else saying that it's "done/ready to implement" you're probably fine compiling them.

Further testing/proof:

Spoiler

C3Ch5h0.png

Edited by GetRekdm8

@Moetal

So should I shrink the legs and arm of the sprite on the right?

I knew from the start that the "floating" pose I decided to do would be hard to fit ;^;

I probably won't get to it today unfortunately D;

I'm moving into my new house today.

So I'll finally be able to break out the laptop and tablet and sprite for real relearn >.>

Edited by CrookedWings427
17 hours ago, GetRekdm8 said:

@Aryeos As far as I can tell, sprites like the above Alakazam by CrookedWings427 are already 8 bits as I tested just now by pasting it into photoshop and seeing this

Thanks for your help. I just have one more question. Most sprites in the game are like this Slowpoke; two sprites side-by-side. What do I need to do to transform, say, that Alakazam to these standards? I'm gonna assume just copy-pasting the same image next to itself isn't gonna make it work.

No embed today, it seems

3 hours ago, Aryeos said:

Thanks for your help. I just have one more question. Most sprites in the game are like this Slowpoke; two sprites side-by-side. What do I need to do to transform, say, that Alakazam to these standards? I'm gonna assume just copy-pasting the same image next to itself isn't gonna make it work.

No embed today, it seems

It actually does. In hgss the sprites are like that due to genders. Unless you are willing to mod each moemon to have gender differences, copy and paste 128x64 would be the easy way out. Also while it is related to moemon, this is not a mod technical support thread and I ask you to refrain from posting anymore modding technical questions here.