[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

If you ask me Vibravas sprite seems to regress after evolving to Flygons sprite, so i would suggest making Flygon look a little more mature she still looks way to childish compared to the Vibrava sprite.

I would say to also keep in mind the fact that Flygon is also a dragon albeit a happy looking one, maybe do some comparisons to Dragonites sprite?

But then again i don't know squat.

If i had a dime for every time i said that.

@laGashetaHardcore

I think it might have to do with the size, being that flygons legs arent bent. Also i tried to make vibravas bust smaller but i think its still bigger than flygons. 

However, rather than making flygon look more mature maybe we should make vibrava look younger considering the sprite for vibrava is still pretty rough. I love the current flygon

Edited by CrookedWings427

Shroomish went to a salon and tried a new haircut ...

ohXkXpV.png

Spoiler

It took years for me to make that new haircut ... xD
Honestly, a game called Roblox trapped me in their world ... (sorry ziggy no one cares ..)

Trapinch Fam.

osYC1z9.pngupdHTRn.pngXYsJQt8.png

For vibrava I made experiment with her eyes ... I want to sync her with the 2 but ... sorry im lazy XD

Edit :

I just realized ...I cant complete this one and more.. so ... they're dumped xD .. but if anyone wants to continue them ill be happy

zFkZz4y.png
I will also stop making new sprites .. 

Spoiler

cause i found it tiring .. making sprites that doesn't have chance to improve

and also if anyone wants to make a new breloom please ...
Image result for shiny breloom

even he's a guy maybe we can make him a girl xD

Image result for breloom moemon
the pic's small .. but the I like the design too

but i will still help but by just minor edits only and sharing my thoughts
(again no one cares xD)

Spoiler

also the sporty banette .. idk if sporty is the ryt word im sorry xD
yes he's heatran but i cant help thinking he's banette

Edited by ZiggyZag

The arm edit was probably unnecessary, but I'm not sure.

XYsJQt8.png ->

5UCbv9P.png

Question: is it acceptable to use a skin color for something other than skin? (in this case I mean the middle skin color for few pixels on her goggles) I'm asking both in general and with future shiny Flygon's sprites in mind.

Moetal never said her chest needs to be big, just that it should be bigger (think about it, most fully grown women you see have a noticeable enough bust). She could still be on the smaller side but still have enough there that you can tell she's the "grown up/matured" version of the previous 'mons. She doesn't have to be huge like Ryoka Narusawa

Spoiler

5MwFyHb.gif

Aren't these what she's based off of? I'm pretty sure her chest can be considered medium/average.

Spoiler

eyV1Qjs.jpg

Q8AbaPR.jpg

Edited by GetRekdm8

Hi everybody, I’ve been a long-time lurker here and I’m glad to say your project has gotten me back into spriting, even though I’m very rusty. I started messing around with Hardcore's Sharpedo a few days back to try and get the hang of things again:

Original - 

JJbvS8K.png

My attempt - 

yPUnGEn.png

Got rid of the tail because Sharpedo doesn't have one and added the notched fin on the hat to compensate and keep her Sharpedo-y enough. Shoulders still need work though and I'm unsure whether the cuffs should be more fin-like like Hardcore's original or just bulky like in mine and the original reference image. Thoughts?

@IratePomegranate  One thing I would like to point out for Sharpedo is that its mouth is usually open and you can see its sharp teeth. Doesn't have to have sharp teeth/a fang though, I think we have quite a few 'mons already like that. I think Hardcore was using this as a reference, which does have the fin on the back of the hat like you added.

Spoiler

YOiJ84K.png

(edit: barely noticed the fangs)

Edited by GetRekdm8

@GetRekdm8

Had to remove the darker purple and adjust the colours of the hair to fit better with the larger dark blue shadows, but here's fanged Sharpedo:

vQPLduA.png

Would have preferred keeping the original hair but it was either that or removing one of the greys, which messes with the hat brim and the shading on the belt and rank stripes. Curse you 16 colour limit.

(Looking back the frontsprite's mouth is a little sloppy but was the best way I could think of for making an open mouth in six pixels without looking like she's smiling)

EDIT: Tried to fix it, I think I made it worse though.

fiSgdsS.png

@laGashetaHardcore

:3

Edited by IratePomegranate

@IratePomegranate

Nice job! Id say keep the mouth the way it was to avoid that palette restriction. But thats just my opinion. 

Also dont be afraid to play with the palette of the sprite to make it smoother :)

@ZiggyZag

I care :3

And the sprites you make from scratch are great! Please keep with it ;)

If you feel you're getting stuck on a sprite don't be afraid to ask me for help :) our eyes become blind to mistakes when we stare at it too long. 

Edited by CrookedWings427