[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@laGashetaHardcore

AwFUtuC.png

Ok with the face edit, not so sure on the skirt (the belt looks weird to me), and could go either way with the legs.  I'm ok with trying to have a more interesting design, just not sure what's best.

I removed the dithering since we don't do that with our sprites.

@CrookedWings427

I think Umbreon looks good, but Magi said he thought her head needed to be bigger; I don't know if the latest edits changed that or not.  Btw, are we going with black or red eyes on her?

Edited by Kickern

@CrookedWings427

I don't mind if it is red eyes or black eyes, but like you said, there's a limitation to palette previously so I had to make it black in my edits. If we can't make room in the palette, maybe we could try making the eyes have a speck of red highlight like how we did Arcanine's eyes.

@Septentrion

Ok I'm just gonna put my foot down on this today, this has gone on long enough. The pose and design were never truly cute nor did it capture the essence of Latias, and after your 8000 edits it still suffer the same issues that you never addressed. Please do not continue on this sprite and do not use this as a base for another sprite.

@Kickern

I feel my edits on Jolteon and Vaporeon are still rough.

Eevee's and Flareon's edits look good to you? I'm not confident myself.

EDIT:

Galophy has two new sprites after over a full year of inactiveness. Missingno's hair could probably be repurposed, but Leafon is too roughly made to be salvaged. Gotta spoiler since she is kinda under dressed.

Spoiler

Missingno is a cute.

missingno.png

Edited by Moetal

Sorry for dying, school is getting ridiculously busy and my windows partition crashed so I can't sprite on my computer for a while (until I install boot camp again). Unfortunately that means I can't really work on any of the existing sprites, since I can't edit existing images with dotpict/select existing palettes. 

Here is a latias draft I was messing around with, was considering scrapping it but I guess I'll just put it up here. Sorry it's a screenshot/jpg, just want to know what y'all think about the overall design so I can make changes accordingly (or scrap it)

i still cant upload images

http://a63.tinypic.com/348j49l.jpg

@toottoot

YWH2efo.png

Just posting your draft after cleaning it up.

@Moetal

We can try the speck of red in Umbreon's eyes.  That sounds good.

Half of Eevee's edits was from me, and you know I'm not confident either.  I think the other 3 look better than before.  I dunno, your call.

What's your opinion on the Azurill and Marill sprites?  I tried redoing the color palettes on both of them while still keeping most of the colors from Magi's Azumarill:

u0QrXSv.png

XjGqxC9.png

Went with "official" shiny colors, but I'm ok with the alternates from the old sprites.

I liked Hardcore's Flaaffy edit from senpai's Ampharos, so I tried editing the backsprite to match:

4XFslfz.png

Btw, who is Galophy?  That Missingno is really... something.

Edited by Kickern

@toottoot

I guess?  I think Typhlosion is a fierce-looking Pokemon, so some changes would have to be made to reflect that.  Should I assume the scarf is flaming?

As far as your Latias draft goes, I like where it's going.  I'd like to see the wings more, Latios and Latias are kinda like jet Pokemon, so I think the wings should be more prominent.

@Moetal

Pretty sure we can get away with using the middle red tone for blush since shiny is just more pink.

2HenOCo.png

Alternatively, we could just use the darker skin tone if you don't like this.

Guess who just updated his Wailmer and Wailord?

CuZrfS-UkAEzhbR.png

CuaXWl7VMAA7GuN.png

I love the fin hair on Wailord's back sprite.

Edit:

Tried shrinking Wartortle's head.

oLkJ0Pk.png

Edited by Kickern