[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Minor edits to Wigglytuff's backsprite to sync the designs. 15 colors at the moment.

kTzNkP4.png

@Arisa

I think it could work as either. Bellsprout is the one that needs a revamp more, IMO, but whether you use that base or the one Gasheta just posted is up to you. 

On 6/10/2016 at 2:59 AM, cloudcross said:

Well thats why you should always keep a clean copy of youre rom's incase the mod dosent work well.

I downloaded two clean ROMs and I was able to patch it in one of them. I made a copy of that ROM for future updates of this project. Thanks everyone.

29o0or9.png

Not sure how to make the back body.

EDIT:

@laGashetaHardcore

Change Goldeen's hair to the pontail+hairpin like my first ref picture. Her upper body is still very rough looking, and the fan doesn't really fit in.

Surskit still look tiny, and the twintail doesn't really help the character. The ref I posted had four loose belt/thread thingy that makes it resembles original's arms.

Edited by Moetal

@ZiggyZag

I'm not sure how this would be better than our current Gorebyss to be honest. While I admit that base is a lot better than most Touhoumon, I don't see a need to use it to make a Gorebyss that is already better than 95% of the existing moemons. 

The Goldeen has a ponytail, yes, but it is missing the hairpin to resemble the horn, and it is completely different proportion from Moemon. If you want to use another sprite as base, consider hopping over to Pixiv or just googleドット絵 (which means pixel art). It's literally a goldmine there, you should be able to find some fun stuff. 

EDIT:

Like this one for example. While it's 70x70 at the moment, I am sure we can easily get it down to 64x64 and be used for something after some editing.

crown.png

EDIT 2: Don't grab Pokemon trainers to use as base. Again, they're different proportion than Moemon.

EDIT 3: http://www.geocities.jp/zassoh2/dot12.htm

Touhou sprites, rather than Touhoumon.

Edited by Moetal