[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@Moetal

Very rough idea:

Before: Fj3DxLA.png

After:    QJeIdy0.png

Probably open up both of these and just ctrl+tab between them to see the differences for the breastplate (if that's what it is).

Not much change for the back sprite, the raised right hand was just to kind of show what I mean by making the arms longer, so I decided to have some bend in the arm to help show that I guess. I honestly have no idea what that black thing in the front is, but to me the closest thing it resembles is a breastplate so I decided to take some inspiration from Erza's armor to show that there's room for her to breath while still having a snug fit around her chest. 

Spoiler

9cd3d3dea0c7abeb76ff944d9cb05d7b1bd9d0ee

Problems I can already spot after uploading these images are the position of the arm's elbows and the overall shading of the parts I added in. It's getting late here and I won't have much time for the next few days to view this thread/respond to anyone, so if this makes sense it'd be cool if someone polished it a bit because I'm not too experienced working with such small images.

Edited by GetRekdm8

15 hours ago, GetRekdm8 said:

@Moetal

Very rough idea:

Before: Fj3DxLA.png

After:    QJeIdy0.png

Problems I can already spot after uploading these images are the position of the arm's elbows and the overall shading of the parts I added in. It's getting late here and I won't have much time for the next few days to view this thread/respond to anyone, so if this makes sense it'd be cool if someone polished it a bit because I'm not too experienced working with such small images.

v1N4YV8fm.png 

v2TuvYEcy.png

like this?

@Arisa

Oops I sort of jumped the gun and just started my own Lickitung:

6f1hcg.jpg

(The squiggles near the hand are not supposed to be part of the sprite. Also sorry it's a screenshot and not the actual image- when I finish I'll upload the 64x64 image on its own) 

I know it's hardly finished and not too great, but it's my baby and I don't want to lose it. Do you know of any Moemons in need of updating that I can recolor/repurpose this sprite for? Also are there any glaring issues I need to fix before proceeding? The mouth looks a little weird to me and I can't figure out why.

Sorry for the wall of questions. I'm a n00b.

@toottoot

I think it's actually very charming. The only thing I've noticed so far is the right leg being a bit chubby. I think it will work as Lickitung, but the outfit is giving me a Tyrogue vibe.

@laGashetaHardcore

Whatever I feel is complete. Your Clefairy's sleeves/outfit are still a bit low quality and plain. Please work on it more when you can.

Edited by Moetal

@toottoot

That's a very charming face. Did you do that yourself? It's very good for a early try.

8 minutes ago, Moetal said:

I think it's actually very charming. The only thing I've noticed so far is the right leg being a bit chubby. I think it will work as Lickitung, but the outfit is giving me a Tyrogue vibe.

Does these mean we might be making headway on that family soon?.Hitmonlee is sort of depressing to work on.

#380 Latias

1X8cG5Q.pngA1hK0z6.png

Did this sprite ever have a backsprite? All I've found was a backsprite for the female Latios version.

Edited by Septentrion
On 5/31/2016 at 2:28 PM, thil0 said:

v1N4YV8fm.png 

v2TuvYEcy.png

like this?

Something like that (v2). I wouldn't mind the t-pose she has in her original sprite, she just needs longer arms and to look overall more natural as she looks super stiff with completely straight arms pointing to the ground. Maybe a light bend in the arms or having the hands kind of outwards like this: 

Spoiler

4dcfbd8b57f1d067fbe2dc978b92986d215be85e

I feel like it would definitely make her look more lively/natural in her pose. Either that or both hands on the lap for a calm and collected look that would go with that confident face

2 hours ago, Moetal said:

Food for thought.

cleave

This is honestly where it should head in the end. I think the previous design was either a piece of armor or a shirt or something under the coat but it looked like it was in the front and attached on the two sides that would otherwise button/zip up.

I think the design can still work. Much of the confusion in the current design was from blacks in the coats blending with the bikini. The outlines were had to parse while editing. I also think the head may be too big so I shrunk it one pixel. Well, since every touch this arcanine:

Ssq63ug.png

There's also something that bugged me than no one else may care about, but the ears seem too far out, as if the ears are attacked to the hair and not the head.

Edited by Septentrion