[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

@lgh

I personally think the little design for the Clamperl is adorable, but the hat sprite does need some work to match. 

@Kickern

That's so true, because I borrowed a Youmu sprite to make the character... he he.  I was wanting comment on the weapon anyway, if you like the Scythe then I'll be happy to keep that and edit the rest.  As for Wingull, that Pelipper sprite would work pretty well in my opinion.  As for Wingulls' face, any suggestions?  Wingull is supposed to be little with little eyes and making it any larger kind of distorts the character.  But, I'll have another try.

@CW

Sorry for commenting so late.  I like your design on Shuppet but I think that maybe we can change the posture and have her kneeling so she would match the original Pokemon's triangle like shape.  Also, her eyes should be more eerie and ghost like.  As of now, I can't tell who she is.  But the clothes are really cool.  

Are you people going to finish any of your creations?  All there has been for over a month is an amalgamation of sprites, unfinished. This project is not advancing. Moetal can't even help you guys because there are just so many of them. Furthermore, everyone is working on different moemons at once, which gets even more confusing.

Everything would be much easier if you all worked on the same pokemon at once.

@Alphernal :)

It takes a lot of time, energy, and creativity to make and design each sprite.  Constructive feedback and helpful encouragement goes a long way in keeping up our spirits. :wub:   Sometimes it's not always easy to know where or how to move forward on a particular sprite, so we work on others to continue growing our skills and to express our creative thought.  I agree that we all should finish the sprites we've begun, but that's not easy. :blink:   I don't know anyone who likes making back sprites.  Ha ha. :P   Don't be shy and have a try at helping us.  I'm more then willing to let you have a try at editing or fixing some of my sprite designs. After all, I've only just started making sprites about a month ago. ^_^            

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@Doom

For Scyther, of course I like the scythe.  I mean, it's part of the Pokemon's namesake.  But, I'm kinda wondering if it would work to have 2 blades somehow?  You know, to match its 2 blade hands.

For Wingull, the Pokemon may have little eyes, but that doesn't mean the Moemon equivalent should also.  Big eyes are generally more moe, right?  Moemon should be moe.  <- you can totally quote me on this one, haha

Let me start off by apologizing that I haven't been very active. I had been super busy with work and haven't had time to review a lot of stuff. I see you guys are working hard, but I feel like there's an overall lack of direction and things are not getting "done". Let me start back at page 110~ and recompile stuff.

2z5p4iu.png

What we have here is a half-modded Rhyhorn/Rhydon. I feel Rhyhorn's "horns" are misplaced and the body is just a bit small (widen and lengthen body and legs). The right hand should be enlarged while the left hand could be cleaned up. Rhydon feels like she can be moved towards the right, shorten the back end of the spear while lengthening the pole of other side of the spear. The right shoulder armor looks a bit too large in comparison to her left. Her hands can be enlarged slightly, and her skirt should not be on top of her right arm.

kb69u8.png

Wiggly's face is too round, making her look chubby. If you move her right leg to have the legs together, it would make her sitting pose more natural looking. The sprite's outline is a bit jagged, smoothing it would make it look a lot more polished. Her frontsprite lacks sidebangs like her backsprite, so it ends up looking like a mess. Disregard Jiggly, see below.

16kaneo.jpgJiggly3.png

The backsprite's black outline are the only thing that looks really out of place. Soften those spots with other colors. The frontsprite's hair actually have the sidebang go up really high, so the backsprite should reflect the same. I actually prefer a blue color despite it not being on the original Pokemon, since it contrasts well with the overall-pink color. Maybe a duller blue wouldn't be bad.

xddx08.pngse13yh.png

Hardcore left this here. I feel the upper body of the right one is okay, just need to redo the sitting legs like the left one. Need a bit of polishing on the face/hand/skirt.

Poliwhirlcomp2_1.png

Something about the front sprite for this just doesn't feel right. 

kdmr9k.png2uivthc.png 

Need some science to combine the two together. The right's body/pose is actually used on Blastoise, so some heavy modding is needed if we are reusing it.

205fw1w.png

I know there is a newer version of this, but I think the shading were off, so back to square 1. Right boot and waist looks thin.

ivysaur17_3.png

Backsprite never?

b3k0sn.jpg

Something about her right eye still don't click right with me. Her backsprite's front hair looks very flat.

x5b592.jpg24n34o5.jpg

While it look nice, I don't feel the scale and pose fits in with our final evolution starters. I'd say recycle it into another Pokemon.

149b3nk.png

The drills are out of place. Maybe we can recycle the old head/face, I don't recall it being bad. 

2ebz5h2.png

Lengthen and widen her body more. Maybe we can recycle the old head/face, I don't recall it being bad. The current head feels small compare to previous and post-evolutions.

358sxmh.png

Good to go.

15nmwk1.jpg2gul7ut.jpg

Did I miss the backsprite edit that removed the mask? Didn't see it.

xlw0g4.png

The backsprite's upper part of the hair looks like it's being pulled out too long (towards left), slightly losing the balanced shape of the heart. The blew kiss looks small as oppose to front sprite, and feels like it should be more to the right.

Edited by Moetal

Poliwhirlcomp2_1.png

Something about the front sprite for this just doesn't feel right. 

205fw1w.png

I know there is a newer version of this, but I think the shading were off, so back to square 1. Right boot and waist looks thin.

Poliwhirl's arm is is in a different place. Is the pose the reason? The left leg doesn't seem connected right.

I think poses might be a problem with the hovering and slanted Latias and Latios I made when it comes to the backsprite. I would have no clue how to make a forward leaning backsprite at sufficient quality. I would rather think of your own pokemon standing with you.

For Steelix, it's plate armor would seem to greatly clash with the exposed stomach.

Please put names and/or species numbers in your posts with your sprites.  That way it will be easier to find in a search.  I'm trying to find if someone has already made sprites that aren't in the patch and it's really hard to find if there is no keyword in the post.

So... does anyone have any Taillow or Swellow sprites?

Thanks! ^_^

Please put names and/or species numbers in your posts with your sprites.  That way it will be easier to find in a search.  I'm trying to find if someone has already made sprites that aren't in the patch and it's really hard to find if there is no keyword in the post.

So... does anyone have any Taillow or Swellow sprites?

Thanks! ^_^

This is as far as we got. It could pass for either Taillow or Swellow due to how similar they are.

wYBajrZ.png

2ezjt55.png

Are you people going to finish any of your creations? All there has been for over a month is an amalgamation of sprites, unfinished. This project is not advancing. Moetal can't even help you guys because there are just so many of them. Furthermore, everyone is working on different moemons at once, which gets even more confusing.

Everything would be much easier if you all worked on the same pokemon at once.

I actually disagree with this to a point and would ask you to not discourage the little amount of spriters we have working on this project. If youd like to critique a sprite, that would be helpful.
However, im much better at edits than making a sprite from scratch. Editing things like mewtwo and shiftry took me a few hours and theyre close to almost finished products imo.
When edit suggestions come my way i make them, but i dont catch everything so sometimes i get to a standstill. Revisiting sprites after time can be very productive.

@moetal
Ill work on some tonight. Poliwhirls torso seems like it can be longer making her legs shorter. Also her right arm (our left) could be shaded better to make it appear like its bending the same as the back sprite.
I would also like to work on that steelix.

Ill have an ivysaur backsprite this week. I wasnt sure if it was ready for me to move on. Edited by CrookedWings427

[quote name="Alphernal" post="1190466" timestamp="1450745083"]

Are you people going to finish any of your creations? All there has been for over a month is an amalgamation of sprites, unfinished. This project is not advancing. Moetal can't even help you guys because there are just so many of them. Furthermore, everyone is working on different moemons at once, which gets even more confusing.

Everything would be much easier if you all worked on the same pokemon at once.[/quote]
I must agree.
I've watched the Moemon Revival Project for a LONG time but to this day I have no idea what exactly is the goal of this project.
Well...Except making new adorable/cool sprites for Pokemon roms.

I wish to patch into the project somehow but I don't know what I'm allowed to do ^^;

I would suggest making some sort of schedule :)
Giving a time period to make a certain Moemon sprite and after the deadline stick to the chosen sprite, moving to the next one.

[quote name="CrookedWings427" post="1190581" timestamp="1450771232"]

I actually disagree with this to a point and would ask you to not discourage the little amount of spriters we have working on this project. If youd like to critique a sprite, that would be helpful.
However, im much better at edits than making a sprite from scratch. Editing things like mewtwo and shiftry took me a few hours and theyre close to almost finished products imo.
When edit suggestions come my way i make them, but i dont catch everything so sometimes i get to a standstill. Revisiting sprites after time can be very productive.
[/quote]
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
But what you say means one can edit a posted sprite if one has idea how to improve it ?

Hey Guys :)

I have a quick question.

Way back, when I learned how to change sprites I went crazy hunter for Moemon Sprites on the web.

I'm working on a tribute compilation of the best Moemon sprites (in my opinion). I'm done with Gen I.

Would it be ok to show it to you guys :) ? Since all of you are probably the only community still working on Moemons :)

I'll probably work on Mareep/Flaaffy when I have time later this week, unless someone else gets to it before me.  Maybe Sceptile, too.

@Doom

Which Pokemon are you searching for?  Usually you can just ask and somebody would be able to tell you if a certain sprite was being worked on.

@Slash

Google "pokemon gen 3 hacking suite".

@Kickern

Which moemon I want to find depends on my creative mood so it changes from time to time.  I was just making a suggestion for future reference.

...and you're right, "Moemon should be moe." :lol:

I'm loving all the work that's being done. We're making good progress.  If anyone wants to edit my sprites then please feel free.  I'll try to get back and finish some of the ones I've already started, but it does depend on my creative mood.  Some days I've got lots of inspiration and other days I've got nothing.  Ha ha :rolleyes:

I saw this piece of art and it totally inspired me to create my own Whismur.  Thoughts, comments, and edits are appreciated.  ^_^ :wub:

293 - Whismur

jq1e8z.jpgebdiex.jpg

23w4ris.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@moetal

That looks a lot better than my attempt! 

Though I realized your using an old version of the back sprite in the compile when editing.

2l8uo7m.jpg

Plus it looks like its doing that thing where it makes it darker for you?

Edit:

{imagechanged?}

@kyanos Really its whatever you wanna do right now. Or go through the mod and see what you think needs to be updated.

Edited by Nerak55

@MarinoKadame

How about this for Ditto?  I decided to do something a bit more magical with Ditto, as well as, adding the masks of other Moemon (Magikarp, Charizard, and Blastoise) to the mix to give an added effect to the transformation.  Not to mention the tiny ditto hairpiece. ^_^

#132 Ditto

2rp2sk3.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

I recycled an old sprite to make "Science Lady Porygon."  :wub:

#137 - Porygon

25gcqkn.jpg"I'm sorry, I only speak binary." B) 

24cgpoj.jpg

@LGH

Seel looks done to me.  I totally like it!

And that Ditto is super cute. We can reuse my sprite for another monster.   ;)

@XSX

Ha ha... I guess I like the creepy masks but here are some alternative versions if you like: one with magic and masks, one with magic and ethereal masks, and one without magic or masks.  Use them however you like.  Maybe I could recycle her as which moemon......??? :ph34r:

#132 - Ditto

2rp2sk3.jpg2n8vvgm.jpg153pp5h.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW